ADVERTISEMENT

Number of U.S. men under 30 reporting no sex has reached record highs...

I might need to change the title and keep this a running thread on things related to this topic.

I see the crazy dating site lady was saying in addition to that other stuff that all the single men from 45 - 55 out there look like they are about 60 - 70 years old and haven't worked out in decades. She doesn't remember so many middle aged men looking like that when she was younger.

Many do.

Reactions: Gator Fever

I agree probably quite a few do but I doubt its basically almost all of them.

Just curious your opinion. If they were to have this lady rate the guys looks from 1 to 10 on some dating site do you think it would be just a very few 9/10s and the rest basically all 5 and below with no 6 or 7s? Just curious because my guess is that is exactly what she would do.

Last edited:

Despite the apparent ease of securing sex in the age of dating apps and hookup culture, young Americans seem to be having less of it than ever before.

According to the survey, the portion of Americans between 18 and 29 reporting no sex in the last year has more than doubled in the last decade, leaping from 8 percent in 2008 up to 23 percent in 2018.

Broken down by gender, the data also showed a significant and unprecedented divide between male and female respondents. While the number of women in that age group reporting no sex saw an 8 percent increase in the last 10 years, the number of men reporting the same has nearly tripled to a staggering 28 percent....

Twenge also pointed to declining rates of labor force participation among men under thirty, as well as increasing rates of men in that age range living with their parents. “When you’re living at home it’s probably harder to bring sexual partners into your bedroom,” Twenge said.

45215d3b07d284b51dee87d54006a0435e5206c4658709e6417b26aa83f1c993_1.jpg

-------------------------------------

Just saw this article from 2019 posted elsewhere. If these numbers are even close to accurate America is following right behind Japan's lead when it comes to young people - especially younger guys not having sexual relations much anymore.

Curious what mainly caused the crazy spike from around 2008 to 2018. I don't buy that BS about the young guy living at home being a real big part of it as that has never stopped those types years ago as it was pretty easy to find some other place to get busy. I wish there were some breakdowns of the numbers by race etc. as I bet they vary a lot with white and far east asian people having the higher %.

It doesn't surprise me that the women's numbers vary a lot from the men's however.

They want to wait to ensure they marry the right guy.

• Haha
Reactions: martycat1
They want to wait to ensure they marry the right guy.

In the young ages decent looking females have it really made if they want to be a wild child for some years before settling down as they have no issue sleeping with a guy that is higher on the looks scale. My guess is this is a lot of what is going on here with the under 30 crowd as some of these younger guys are having a harder time hooking up with a female the same level unless he is an 8 or above. 20% of the guys hooking up with the 50% of the women that age that are hooking up. The dynamic does change a lot in higher ages however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon

Despite the apparent ease of securing sex in the age of dating apps and hookup culture, young Americans seem to be having less of it than ever before.

According to the survey, the portion of Americans between 18 and 29 reporting no sex in the last year has more than doubled in the last decade, leaping from 8 percent in 2008 up to 23 percent in 2018.

Broken down by gender, the data also showed a significant and unprecedented divide between male and female respondents. While the number of women in that age group reporting no sex saw an 8 percent increase in the last 10 years, the number of men reporting the same has nearly tripled to a staggering 28 percent....

Twenge also pointed to declining rates of labor force participation among men under thirty, as well as increasing rates of men in that age range living with their parents. “When you’re living at home it’s probably harder to bring sexual partners into your bedroom,” Twenge said.

45215d3b07d284b51dee87d54006a0435e5206c4658709e6417b26aa83f1c993_1.jpg

-------------------------------------

Just saw this article from 2019 posted elsewhere. If these numbers are even close to accurate America is following right behind Japan's lead when it comes to young people - especially younger guys not having sexual relations much anymore.

Curious what mainly caused the crazy spike from around 2008 to 2018. I don't buy that BS about the young guy living at home being a real big part of it as that has never stopped those types years ago as it was pretty easy to find some other place to get busy. I wish there were some breakdowns of the numbers by race etc. as I bet they vary a lot with white and far east asian people having the higher %.

It doesn't surprise me that the women's numbers vary a lot from the men's however.

I asked my 27 year old single nephew about this phenomenon the other day. He shrugged his shoulders, smirked and said, "Hey, more for me" ...

Fevered brain that’s all I did was chase tail in my 20’s, 30’s until I got married. Then divorced and still chase it 🤭😭😭
Me too. Not sure how old you are but I am 52 and you did have this situation with the younger crowd a little back then but nothing like they are claiming it is like now - Japan level almost.

The difference is a lot of these average looking guys have just withdrawn supposedly because of how the young females are. I guess all the girls 5 and up that are messing around want at least an 8 to sleep with now at that age.

I agree probably quite a few do but I doubt its basically almost all of them.

Just curious your opinion. If they were to have this lady rate the guys looks from 1 to 10 on some dating site do you think it would be just a very few 9/10s and the rest basically all 5 and below with no 6 or 7s? Just curious because my guess is that is exactly what she would do.
I've been to dating sites and there are in fact far more 5's than 9's, but remember it's also a factor of personal taste and attraction.
For the record, I only went to two because one of my friends is a fan (she ended up marrying a guy she connected with on Catholic Match) and kept saying I should at least look. I did and really did not care for it.

I've been to dating sites and there are in fact far more 5's than 9's, but remember it's also a factor of personal taste and attraction.
For the record, I only went to two because one of my friends is a fan (she ended up marrying a guy she connected with on Catholic Match) and kept saying I should at least look. I did and really did not care for it.
This is so "___ist."

What we need is a non-white gay secular transgender female site. Who the h3ll they would date I have no clue but its obvious we need it to fight the systemic bias of White heteronormative religious bigots. How dare you visit such a site! :)

Found this in a search below which came from a study they did years ago on that dating site. Not quite a 1-10 rating system but 7 different levels and look at how the results came back.

I guess there weren't enough fake male model accounts to get to the 1% most attractive rating option for the women.

But this is basically saying on looks alone men say 40% of the women are at least above average while women are literally saying only 19% of the men qualify for an above average rating on looks with only 7% being in that 8+ territory if this was a 1 - 10 scale.

Men only say 22% of the women are really unattractive while women say that about 58% of the men.

okc_rating_curve.png

GTDMsUJ.png

Reactions: nail1988
Fevered brain that’s all I did was chase tail in my 20’s, 30’s until I got married. Then divorced and still chase it 🤭😭😭

So what you’re saying is that in all the years of your life, of all the tail you’ve chased, you’ve only caught one ?

Well I’m definitely a seasoned citizen but I’ve got lots of opinions on this subject.

I still love being around men who are physically and mentally fit, funny, and interesting. Has that evolved over the years? Yes. I was widowed after 35 years and didn’t even try to meet men for 12 years, because I dealt with almost 90% males in my career and avoided risking any contact. I had a good paying career and it wasn’t worth it.
After I retired I joined a gym, lost 20 pounds, got some deep facial peels and decided to just loosen up and enjoy life.
I’m having fun...😎
Younger women have the idea that men are their competition in all things. Gotta move past the 9-5.
I may have more pearls of wisdom later. Stay tuned. 😉

How many lengths are in your necklace ?
:);)

4Z5xj9z.png

When an unattractive man does anything other than talk to most women it seems to create a lot of disgust in them and skyrockets in the level after anything more than imagined hugging according to this study.

I am curious why it creeps up some after imagined hugging with attractive guy however.

The two young men in your post:
The top one looks like he’s just unhappy so he’s not going to present himself well.
The one below looks like an angry Tom Cruise.

Well I’m definitely a seasoned citizen but I’ve got lots of opinions on this subject.

I still love being around men who are physically and mentally fit, funny, and interesting. Has that evolved over the years? Yes. I was widowed after 35 years and didn’t even try to meet men for 12 years, because I dealt with almost 90% males in my career and avoided risking any contact. I had a good paying career and it wasn’t worth it.
After I retired I joined a gym, lost 20 pounds, got some deep facial peels and decided to just loosen up and enjoy life.
I’m having fun...😎
Younger women have the idea that men are their competition in all things. Gotta move past the 9-5.
I may have more pearls of wisdom later. Stay tuned. 😉
I've ignored this whole low T millennial thread. It just got interesting. Watching tv with the wife, I have a lot of questions....I'll be back. This thread just got interesting.;)

The two young men in your post:
The top one looks like he’s just unhappy so he’s not going to present himself well.
The one below looks like an angry Tom Cruise.

I think he wouldn't be considered that low if not for his nose being like that. My guess is even if he smiled he wouldn't move much on the scale and would still make the young females feel really uneasy imagining anything past hugging him.

Checked out a few of the forums these "incels" post on. Talk about some brutal stuff. They have one on improving looks different ways like surgery and other things and the back and forth there is pretty crazy with constant use of pretty bad racial terms about each other and looks but they seem to act like its just being funny. They submit their pictures and let the other ones rate them and tell them what they could do to "looksmax" themselves.

Anyone with a weak chin is called a "mouth breather" because I guess young children mouth breathing mostly instead of using their nose to breathe makes their facial bone structure not develop right leading to that according to them.

There appears to be somewhat of a hierarchy in that circle when it comes to ethnicities and looks and there is literally no hope for average or below average looking far east asian guy due to their bone structures which surgery can't do much for according to them. Though brutal the stuff was funny in its own way.

Last edited:

lol From that incel site. Not sure what "lifemog" stands for but I guess "Chad" is the generic name for the 8+ guy that gets all the chicks in bed. "Staci" appears to be the generic name for the hot females now - at least with these incels. Even though I mingled with that crowd in high school I probably would have said come on move away doing that right there with that going on.

This is what the younger males (once you get through all the slang words they use I have never heard before) that are struggling with this issue seem to be blaming it on or are saying why the issue has got so much worse in recent years.

1. The internet/dating and hook up sites specifically have blown up the expectations of even the average looks females in addition to the good looking ones making it easier for the average ones to get with a "Chad" occasionally.

2. The mainstream media constantly pushing the narrative to women that they should not settle when choosing a man (code for not settling on looks for hookups and money also when it comes to marriage) while constantly pushing the narrative that men should lower their expectations (code for the most desired men in 30s/40s should stop going after hot girl still in her 20s for a relationship even if he can get away with that).

3. Most women working now has put them in a situation where its much easier for them to get away with having unrealistic expectations as far as eventually landing a "Chad" long term. This has also led to wealthy average looking guy having a much harder time landing a "Staci" for marriage than it used to be according to them.

4. "Simping" has gotten totally out of control in recent years blowing the egos up of even the average looking girls. "Simping" apparently is when a guy is gullible and lets a women use him for things and to build her ego up while the guy just gets taken advantage of while never getting anything from her. This just makes it harder on the other guys with these dummies doing all this "simping" while the girl just sleeps with "Chad" when it comes to having sex.
-----------------------------------------------------------

As far as those claims I think internet dating/hookup sites probably would be a cause of some of that I guess.

The working woman being much choosier even if it results in long periods of being single I guess would make sense because it takes out real big financial pressure to get married and allows her to continue the quest for "Chad".

You have always had "simping" even before the internet but that only went on with some good looking girls I think back when I was still young. Don't remember anyone simping average looking girl back then if they are telling the truth about that going on now.

I wonder how much affect the media does have. You do see the media pushing that women do not settle/men need to be more realistic talking points. The newest version seems to be glorifying out of shape females while still having no problem telling men they need to get their selves in better shape if they want a woman.

Last edited:
So what you’re saying is that in all the years of your life, of all the tail you’ve chased, you’ve only caught one ?
You are looking at this from the wrong perspective. Almost all of them are batshit crazy. I got divorced at a young age (28). From that time until I was 55, I ran a turnstile up in here. The advent of the dating sites made it easy pickings, sometimes 5 different women a week. Post up a few (REAL) provocative photos and some witty narrative. Even a cave man could do it (and DID!) 😂
I finally ran out of steam and let one of my regulars catch me. How did that turn out? Ask me every day, and you'll get a different answer.:oops:

You are looking at this from the wrong perspective. Almost all of them are batshit crazy. I got divorced at a young age (28). From that time until I was 55, I ran a turnstile up in here. The advent of the dating sites made it easy pickings, sometimes 5 different women a week. Post up a few (REAL) provocative photos and some witty narrative. Even a cave man could do it (and DID!) 😂
I finally ran out of steam and let one of my regulars catch me. How did that turn out? Ask me every day, and you'll get a different answer.:oops:

Not really, he said he chased tail - not banged any.
His admission of getting divorced tells me he only caught one and took her to the alter.
You, on the other hand, minced no words about your accomplishments. You left nothing open ended with your wording.

Besides, I was really only effing with him - I’m a bit surprised you didn’t pick up on that.
FYI: I know how batshit crazy bitches can be, and I fully understand what you meant with your last sentence - I’m in the same boat but hidden within the bilge 🤣o_O

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
Well aren’t you just a bad ass?
Why do I get the feeling that many beer goggles were used and abused in this scenario?

Not really, he said he chased tail - not banged any.
His admission of getting divorced tells me he only caught one and took her to the alter.
You, on the other hand, minced no words about your accomplishments. You left nothing open ended with your wording.

Besides, I was really only effing with him - I’m a bit surprised you didn’t pick up on that.
FYI: I know how batshit crazy bitches can be, and I fully understand what you meant with your last sentence - I’m in the same boat but hidden within the bilge 🤣o_O
It sucks getting old. I don't have that boundless energy that used to drive me to the brink of destruction, but damn it was fun. I used to keep a spreadsheet with names, phone numbers and descriptions. (and hidden computer photo files of the debaucheries enjoyed) o_O It's amazing how quickly people are forgotten without crib notes.:oops::p

https://archive.vn/Yzop0 "Girls on Tinder do smash. A lot!"

I am a student in sexology and we did a research in sexual behavior on Tinder. It's something we can't deny that it has a big impact on many people's sex lives. We asked questions to 300 guys and 300 girls who use tinder about their sexual experiences. They were easy to find since it seems to be extremely popular with people from ages 18 to 35! Here are some results that surprised me.
- Unlike I thought, 240 of the 300 girls actually had sex through tinder! Only less than 50 of the 300 men, which is remarkable.
- When we asked for numbers to the people that did have sex: Girls did it on average less than the few guys that did. That means that a couple guys score with almost al the women.
- These men do however show a lot of similarities: Muscular, well-endowed relaxed and (surprise!) a little beerbelly? The girls described the men's attractive personal traids as "they know what they want and don't hold back to take it."
--------------------------------

Crazy reading those numbers for 18-35 year olds on Tinder. Nearly 5 times as many of the females hooked up for a one night stand than the number of guys that were able to. I guess "Chads" are literally banging them all now. Quite a few of the females admitting to cheating also.

Saw some other article posted where some psychologists were claiming that they can tell from DNA that even pre-civilization times (8,000 years ago) that it was a much smaller number of males mating with the females that could bear children and the average over known history is only 40% of males having fathered a child while more than 80% of women had children.

Maybe women working plus the internet and dating sites are just allowing females to revert to their primal behavior which was kept under control some once civilization and religion (especially the Abrahamic ones) came on the scene.

Reactions: NavigatorII
https://archive.vn/Yzop0 "Girls on Tinder do smash. A lot!"

I am a student in sexology and we did a research in sexual behavior on Tinder. It's something we can't deny that it has a big impact on many people's sex lives. We asked questions to 300 guys and 300 girls who use tinder about their sexual experiences. They were easy to find since it seems to be extremely popular with people from ages 18 to 35! Here are some results that surprised me.
- Unlike I thought, 240 of the 300 girls actually had sex through tinder! Only less than 50 of the 300 men, which is remarkable.
- When we asked for numbers to the people that did have sex: Girls did it on average less than the few guys that did. That means that a couple guys score with almost al the women.
- These men do however show a lot of similarities: Muscular, well-endowed relaxed and (surprise!) a little beerbelly? The girls described the men's attractive personal traids as "they know what they want and don't hold back to take it."
--------------------------------

Crazy reading those numbers for 18-35 year olds on Tinder. Nearly 5 times as many of the females hooked up for a one night stand than the number of guys that were able to. I guess "Chads" are literally banging them all now. Quite a few of the females admitting to cheating also.

Saw some other article posted where some psychologists were claiming that they can tell from DNA that even pre-civilization times (8,000 years ago) that it was a much smaller number of males mating with the females that could bear children and the average over known history is only 40% of males having fathered a child while more than 80% of women had children.

Maybe women working plus the internet and dating sites are just allowing females to revert to their primal behavior which was kept under control some once civilization and religion (especially the Abrahamic ones) came on the scene.

There's some truth to that and you'd be shocked at how many "beta" males there are. I never gave a damn. "More for me". I'm just fortunate to have survived all of that. This really isn't something new, if you roll this back 15-20 years ago. It was just as true then.

There's some truth to that and you'd be shocked at how many "beta" males there are. I never gave a damn. "More for me". I'm just fortunate to have survived all of that. This really isn't something new, if you roll this back 15-20 years ago. It was just as true then.

I know what you are saying but I don't think you had quite this many guys being shut out by females that were probably on the same level of looks he has. Can't remember your age but I am 52 and that is how it seemed to me in my 20s.

I think it will lead to society going downhill even more as far as parenting and the rest.

I am 52 now and not wealthy but in better shape than 90% of the guys my age when my weight is down (I move around from 210 to 230). At 210 and the good bodyfat level I have women signaling me at the places I go usually and don't have a hard time getting a 7 or 8 in my age range usually but when I am 230 that is definitely not the case. I am not looking for anything long term now but I did get a laugh one time with this pretty good looking lady I hooked up with about a year ago. Had only seen her a couple of times and happen to catch the tail end of her phone call with a lady friend of hers asking about what do I do (the money question) and she kind of played it off without directly answering because I wasn't some high status job I guess. I make it clear to them if they go there that I could give a crap less about that and what their job/money status is (in a nice way).

The only one I have lived at my house with for a time in recent years was a little bit of a drama queen but was a 9 looks wise for her age so I put up with it for some time but she had never had a career or a lot of money so I at least didn't have to deal with that mess while she was there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT