ADVERTISEMENT

Not that anyone

DCandtheUTBand

Gator Great
Sep 5, 2001
Will miss me or to imply any sort of importance but I will be taking a break from this site in protest. Probably a week.

I ran 2 sites/forums in the past. Let's just say I did things differently and leave it at that.

Will miss me or to imply any sort of importance but I will be taking a break from this site in protest. Probably a week.

I ran 2 sites/forums in the past. Let's just say I did things differently and leave it at that.
You and I are on the same page, but I would hate to see you go. Always been good debate. Sometimes heated, but in good spirit.

I appreciate that it's a privately owned board and I fully support that they can allow or disallow its content however they see fit. I'm simply disappointed that they did in fact see fit.

I know nothing about running such a site so perhaps I'm simply ignorant on the subject.

Reactions: RussellCasse
I am the biggest Jason Higdon fan on the planet. I am here because of football...however I LOVE to come debate here. He is unmatched when it comes to recruiting info for Gator football. He is TOTAL class how he runs his board. I also wholeheartedly agree with the tone that he allows here, even though I KNOW I cross that line every now and then. Abortion is an INCREDIBLY sensitive subject...and even though it is something I would never do, and disagree with...I would NEVER, EVER allow pictures where young people and families go on my site. You guys quit looking through your straws, and put yourself in HIS position. I do not personally know any of you, however we have had enough interactions here that I know you are all good people. Children come here. NO WAY I want those out for everyone to see...and him even allowing it would be a very bad look for him. My 1 cent, because I know it is not worth 2 cents.

Reactions: BCSpell

I guess I missed what happened(?). No need to rehash it I guess. You’ll be missed and please know that most of us here welcome your input.

Edit: I was away from the board for much of the day. I saw the locked thread after my initial post.

Last edited:
Is this about the abortion pic? Obviously, you don't post pictures like that here. Most rivals-style boards would be the same way.

@Capt Ron 1

If it was the pic? The site owner has instructed me not to post it and I will honor that just the same as I honor the no name calling. Hopefully that gets cleaned up as well, for the sake of everyone (including the kids, right Ron 😉). If it truly is about the kids then I am fully on board, but…more should be done by us posters to set a better example. And I will back that 💯.

Obviously everyone knows where I stand.

If I had to guess, the person reporting it probably supports abortion and I stand by the sentiment that if you can support the atrocity that IS abortion, then the photo of the very thing you support shouldn’t phase you.

Just my two cents that if there were more awareness, we wouldn’t be here. Obviously others disagree, and that’s expected.

That said, I do understand captain Rons take on children even though I personally don’t know of any children posting or browsing. But there are two sides to that coin IMO. The children that see it and might get disturbed by it (which is probably pretty unlikely that any see it) and the child that might have their life saved by someone changing their mind on the issue. Might also be in unlikely, but if there is a possibility of saving 1 life? Then my admonishment was worth it.

Hell the child that sees it might be the one that saves a childs life. Kids today are exposed to much worse at school. IMO.

Just wanted to provide context to why it was posted:

I have a personal connection to this issue as well, as my wife had an abortion before we met, and I have seen the personal
trauma of guilt she has dealt with her entire life. If me posting this reasoning gets me banned, then I guess it is what it is.

Elon Musk “I say what I want to say, and if I lose money, then so be it.”

Have a blessed day!

Elon-Musk-LI-27.1.2021-1-800x800.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dezyDeco
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT