ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban looks comfortable at the analyst table

He's a competitor. He thinks he could go to Bama and win more than Saban has. Plus he wants to prove himself in the SEC.

He has plenty of reasons to want to come here. And plenty of reasons to not want to. Like I said, if the job becomes available while Trump is still President, he takes it.

If not, he retires at Clemson. Just my guess.

personally I think he finishes out his contract (2025?) and calls it.

that'll put him around 73-74 and I think that's more than enough.

sometimes the downturn is fast. Spurrier, at Saban's current age had USCe coming off of three straight historic seasons that the program may never see again, and 2 years later when he turned 70, he'd lost all the energy for it.

it happens.

Reactions: fsu939913
personally I think he finishes out his contract (2025?) and calls it.

that'll put him around 73-74 and I think that's more than enough.

sometimes the downturn is fast. Spurrier, at Saban's current age had USCe coming off of three straight historic seasons that the program may never see again, and 2 years later when he turned 70, he'd lost all the energy for it.

it happens.

I don't think he will lose the energy for it anytime soon. However if Miss Terry does, it's over.

I don't think he will lose the energy for it anytime soon. However if Miss Terry does, it's over.

that's fair.

like I said, 5-6 years from now, you never know. But I certainly don't see him retiring before then unless he goes on like another run and wins 3-4. At that point, I'd find it hard to believe, at that age, it's worth it. Go out on top as the greatest ever, bar none, and don't risk some weird mediocre last couple of seasons because you're 75 years old and it's just hard to keep it up.

that's fair.

like I said, 5-6 years from now, you never know. But I certainly don't see him retiring before then unless he goes on like another run and wins 3-4. At that point, I'd find it hard to believe, at that age, it's worth it. Go out on top as the greatest ever, bar none, and don't risk some weird mediocre last couple of seasons because you're 75 years old and it's just hard to keep it up.

Let me help u out..... Dont bobby bowden it

that's fair.

I think most coaches are so competitive that they always think they can turn around a bad season and always think they can make another run. It's why long-time coaches rarely go out on a high note.

Just look at Brent Venables, Will Muschamp and Jeremy Pruitt. All three are capable of being elite DCs. Venables is smart enough to know he can't make it as a HC, and is willing to stay at DC and dominate. Mushamp and Pruitt both believe in their heart that they can be elite HCs.

I dunno man, I'd rather be brilliant at what I am good at rather than be mediocre at something one rung higher.

Reactions: fsumc
I think most coaches are so competitive that they always think they can turn around a bad season and always think they can make another run. It's why long-time coaches rarely go out on a high note.

Just look at Brent Venables, Will Muschamp and Jeremy Pruitt. All three are capable of being elite DCs. Venables is smart enough to know he can't make it as a HC, and is willing to stay at DC and dominate. Mushamp and Pruitt both believe in their heart that they can be elite HCs.

I dunno man, I'd rather be brilliant at what I am good at rather than be mediocre at something one rung higher.
I wonder if Venables is just waiting on a big job though? I thought he might go to KState since he’s an alum but I don’t know if they gave him a legit look. If Dabo left for Bama would they keep Venables for continuity? You may be right though. Bud Foster never took a HC gig even though it seemed he would have easily been a candidate for one.

I wonder if Venables is just waiting on a big job though? I thought he might go to KState since he’s an alum but I don’t know if they gave him a legit look. If Dabo left for Bama would they keep Venables for continuity? You may be right though. Bud Foster never took a HC gig even though it seemed he would have easily been a candidate for one.

I believe Tennessee looked at Venables before they hired Pruitt. That didn't last very long. Any coordinator who is at the top for that long has been looked at by big programs, and if they aren't getting offers, there's a reason why.

If Dabo left I could definitely see Clemson pushing for Venables hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT