ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban looks comfortable at the analyst table

grommit

Bull Gator
Oct 30, 2005
Maybe it'll give him pause to think why he goes through so much stress coaching a team he has nothing more to prove at, and perhaps it's time to start his broadcasting career. Nobody would fault him at this point.

Maybe it'll give him pause to think why he goes through so much stress coaching a team he has nothing more to prove at, and perhaps it's time to start his broadcasting career. Nobody would fault him at this point.

We need a secondary coach..... Jus saying. He would have to go through the "Norvell gauntlet" of interviews tho.... So he would have to prepare well and have high energy

Last edited:
Reactions: fsumc

He looked good filling the same role in 2013 and 2014 too.

We need him to stay a couple more years so when he leaves and creates a power vacuum at the top, we are the ones poised to fill it. Almost there, maybe one or two more really good recruiting classes.

We certainly don't want Ogeron becoming the new beast of the SEC. Or God forbid, Fischer.

I actually thought when he went there that he was looking at it as a steppingstone to Bama.

Saban's endorsement will be huge and I'm not sure he would give it to Jimbo.

And he geniunely likes and respects Dabo. A call from Nick might not convince him, but if he gets a call from Coach Stallings, it could be done deal.

Dabo has a 10 year 93 mil contract and has zero interest in being the guy to follow the legend. Might you get him as the guy who replaces the guy who replaces the guy who replaces the legend? Maybe.

Yep, and why leave a gig where you do not have any competition in League play...

It’ll obviously be tempting for Dabo but I believe Bama had a better shot at him a few years ago. With each passing year and if Clemson wins anymore national titles it would appear Dabo is more ingrained as Clemson’s face. He’s pretty much their Saban/Bear right now. A coach’s legacy is as important to him as the dollars. Does he want to risk that legacy following the most impressive coach in modern history? I really don’t believe it will come down to dollars on this one. Each fan base is going to hope his loyalties ultimately lie with them. Does alma mater weigh heavier than current legendary status?

Reactions: PacoGator19
Saban has been the victim of his own success. The staff turnover has finally started to take its toll. Although they still have an incredible level of talent and although he is an amazing head coach, the changes in the West may now help to being Bama back to the pack a bit.

Saban’s probably got 2 or 3 more years in him, but Bama’s road is much harder now.

Don’t be surprised if Pruitt is in line to replace him when he leaves...he is a much better coach than anyone here will ever give him credit for...

I think the Bama decline is overstated. Their issue this past season was the injuries to the interior DL and losing MLB Moses. If you’re weak up the middle you’re going to lose. And they only lost twice, to the eventual national champs by 5 and their little brother. Moses is coming back for them and those DTs that had to step in got some valuable experience this past season. They aren’t hurting for QB talent either to replace Tua. They’ll be right back in the thick of things next year. Kiffin will take time and Jimbo wasn’t as impressive as I thought he’d be this past year. Mond isn’t that great of a QB. LSU and Auburn are the question marks for how good will they be. Nix didn’t look that impressive even for a true freshman. Auburn’s DL won’t be nearly as good as they were this year.

The CFP looks like a lock of the same three usual suspects. Clemson has no challengers in the ACC right now. Ohio St will run through the Big10, and unless A&M, Auburn, or UF take the next step Bama will run through the SEC.

...Bama will run through the SEC.
Ehhh...don’t be so sure of that. Their schedule is much tougher than it has been plus the new QB...Plus defense not as good as it historically has been...

lead off with USC (West). Then UGA in week 3 (which will put one of them at an early SERIOUS disadvantage of making the playoffs). Then at Ole Miss, Tennessee (who will be much improved and played them tough last year) and LSU. Leach won’t beat them, but will give them something to think about...plus A&M...plus Auburn...plus the SECCG if they make it...

Bama is anything but a lock for the playoff...

Reactions: PacoGator19
Ehhh...don’t be so sure of that. Their schedule is much tougher than it has been plus the new QB...Plus defense not as good as it historically has been...

lead off with USC (West). Then UGA in week 3 (which will put one of them at an early SERIOUS disadvantage of making the playoffs). Then at Ole Miss, Tennessee (who will be much improved and played them tough last year) and LSU. Leach won’t beat them, but will give them something to think about...plus A&M...plus Auburn...plus the SECCG if they make it...

Bama is anything but a lock for the playoff...
I would agree with you if we were talking about 2021 or 22. I’m also not calling them a lock but the Trojans will be firing Helton after this year. It’s amazing he wasn’t fired this year. UGA is going to get rolled by Alabama. It would have happened this past season too. Ole Miss having Kiffin isn’t going to be enough. 21 or 22 I would agree with you. Tennessee has shown nothing other than late season success against garbage teams, it was like 20 points this season. Playing tough early in a game is all emotions. Once that wore off.. game. Again 21 or 22 I might agree with you. UF in the SEC championship is likely going to be their biggest hurdle. LSU, Auburn, and A&M are their only real games. Bama is set up like Ohio St. Are there teams in the Big10 that can beat them? Sure but not likely. Bama is the same thing this year.

Saban has been the victim of his own success. The staff turnover has finally started to take its toll. Although they still have an incredible level of talent and although he is an amazing head coach, the changes in the West may now help to being Bama back to the pack a bit.

Saban’s probably got 2 or 3 more years in him, but Bama’s road is much harder now.

Don’t be surprised if Pruitt is in line to replace him when he leaves...he is a much better coach than anyone here will ever give him credit for...

Bama's rivals have been saying he had 2-3 years left for the last decade. The reality is Saban is in amazing health for his age and could easily coach another 10-15 years if he wanted.

But the staff turnover is definitely a problem. He's got every hot young coordinator in the country wanting to coach at Bama...and leave for a head coaching job in 2-3 years. Would not be surprised to see him start going back to the old farts from the NFL for coaching openings.

It’ll obviously be tempting for Dabo but I believe Bama had a better shot at him a few years ago. With each passing year and if Clemson wins anymore national titles it would appear Dabo is more ingrained as Clemson’s face. He’s pretty much their Saban/Bear right now. A coach’s legacy is as important to him as the dollars. Does he want to risk that legacy following the most impressive coach in modern history? I really don’t believe it will come down to dollars on this one. Each fan base is going to hope his loyalties ultimately lie with them. Does alma mater weigh heavier than current legendary status?

It's not just coaching at Bama, it's coaching in the SEC. Every coach in the country wants to be here.

I think if Saban retires within the next 5 years, Dabo comes here.

But I don't think Saban will retire within the next 5 years. It may not be within the next 10.

It's not just coaching at Bama, it's coaching in the SEC. Every coach in the country wants to be here.

But I don't think Saban will retire within the next 5 years. It may not be within the next 10.

Really? When he's pushing 80?

you don't want him there that long.

Why would Dabo want to leave Clemson for any other school including Bama? He has a gravy train and nothing left to prove at this level. If he goes anywhere I think it’s the NFL.

Really? When he's pushing 80?

you don't want him there that long.

You might be right, could be another Bowden situation. But I do know he's built up enough capital that he'll say when he leaves. Physically, he'll be able to do the job for at least several more years.

When he loses the fire for recruiting, he'll quit.

Why would Dabo want to leave Clemson for any other school including Bama? He has a gravy train and nothing left to prove at this level. If he goes anywhere I think it’s the NFL.

He's a competitor. He thinks he could go to Bama and win more than Saban has. Plus he wants to prove himself in the SEC.

He has plenty of reasons to want to come here. And plenty of reasons to not want to. Like I said, if the job becomes available while Trump is still President, he takes it.

If not, he retires at Clemson. Just my guess.

I would agree with you if we were talking about 2021 or 22. I’m also not calling them a lock but the Trojans will be firing Helton after this year. It’s amazing he wasn’t fired this year. UGA is going to get rolled by Alabama. It would have happened this past season too. Ole Miss having Kiffin isn’t going to be enough. 21 or 22 I would agree with you. Tennessee has shown nothing other than late season success against garbage teams, it was like 20 points this season. Playing tough early in a game is all emotions. Once that wore off.. game. Again 21 or 22 I might agree with you. UF in the SEC championship is likely going to be their biggest hurdle. LSU, Auburn, and A&M are their only real games. Bama is set up like Ohio St. Are there teams in the Big10 that can beat them? Sure but not likely. Bama is the same thing this year.

Kiffin at Ole Miss this season worries me more than Kirbs at Georgia if I'm being completely honest.

Kiffin at Ole Miss this season worries me more than Kirbs at Georgia if I'm being completely honest.

I would say that's because UGa is rebuilding the offense and is going to struggle, particularly early in the year when you get them, while Ole Miss is a large unknown, and the unknown is always more concerning than the known.

I would say that's because UGa is rebuilding the offense and is going to struggle, particularly early in the year when you get them, while Ole Miss is a large unknown, and the unknown is always more concerning than the known.

Say what you will about Kiffin as a head coach, but the boy can draw up plays better than anyone. Truth be told, he's no better at developing players than Kirbs is. But the one thing he can do that Kirbs can't is call plays that put his players in a position to make big gains with minimal effort.

Only time Saban faced a Kiffin-coached team was in 2009 and we beat him by 2 points on 2 blocked field goals. Tennessee outplayed us all day and should have won.

His first year at Bama he took a former 3rd string RB and turned him into an almost 4,000 yard passer. He's still garbage as a HC until I see otherwise. But if I needed a coach to draw up a gameplan to win ONE game, I'm calling Kiffin.

ADVERTISEMENT