ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA runs commercial about gender

So you think Gehrig and Ruth were laughing about the whole thing. Possible I guess.

Uh yeah. The women was tiny and i have heard tons of stories on this. She was not a baseball player lol If she could do this, why didnt any club sign her?

All you guys with young families. When they graduate from college? You get a raise. A big fracking raise.

LOL

Good luck to ya brotha. 2 women to deal with and 3 daughters...damn! I'd pick up a lot of hobbies.

I was joking about the two women. Three daughters is happening though. Plus I've got my sister in law and mother in law in close proximity and my wife, so I've got plenty of women running around.

I was joking about the two women. Three daughters is happening though. Plus I've got my sister in law and mother in law in close proximity and my wife, so I've got plenty of women running around.

I use to always say that as karma for my sins I'd try to have kids and end up with like 5 girls and they'd all end up on the pole.

Reactions: seffnergator
I almost agree with you on this.

My ire is directed at girls playing on boys teams. Either we have sports split by gender, in which case they are completely split by gender, or we have combined teams, which are completely combined. Boys who want to play volleyball but can't because their high school only has girls volleyball shouldn't have to watch girls who want to play hockey be able to play on the boys team.

FTR, I have no personal investment in this. It just irks me.

Me neither LG, but I do know the difference between chit and shinola...

Female Demand -- WE WANT-DEMAND EQUAL TREATMENT IN ALL THINGS!!!

Male Response -- Sure thing, now how about listing both your height and WEIGHT on your sports roster bio....

crickets.jpg

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Women and men are not equal. They just arent. There is a reason they are seperated. Yet we have to play pretend like we are. Its stupid to me

Women and men are not equal. They just arent. There is a reason they are seperated. Yet we have to play pretend like we are. Its stupid to me

Lawyers, accountants, dentists, political graft practitioners, preachers, teachers, among other like jobs, should certainly be 'Equal Pay for Equal Work.'

However, there are things, usually of a physical nature, where they should be separate but equal. Here's an example from my way of thinking...

Seal Teams should be segregated. It's okay to have women Seals, but they should be on an All Woman's Team, not in a mixed male/female group. There is just to large of a physical ability difference to mix them on a regular basis imo. This should include all sports or jobs with a heavy physical component. Breeding age females also have some natural disadvantages that can best be dealt with in an all female team/group. While it's not a big deal, it's also not nothing.... o_O

It's okay to have women fighter pilots, and those could easily be in mixed male/female squadrons. Women Snipers have long ago proven their equal worth.
In combat situations, it's much more important to have people that can get the specific job done, than it is to argue over which people you have doing the job.

The Navy has just announced that they are going to mixed crew submarines. I'm okay with that idea, but the crew should be set up for a close to 50/50 mix, and the social fraternization rules will need to be relaxed, to prevent serious complications during long term isolated deployments.
(it seemed to work out okay on Star Trek) ;) -- :D

The Navy has just announced that they are going to mixed crew submarines. I'm okay with that idea, but the crew should be set up for a close to 50/50 mix, and the social fraternization rules will need to be relaxed, to prevent serious complications during long term isolated deployments.

I think the carrier Enterprise was one of the first ships to go mixed in the navy. They had such an explosion of pregnancies they had to add a maternity ward. Earned the nickname the Love Boat

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I think the carrier Enterprise was one of the first ships to go mixed in the navy. They had such an explosion of pregnancies they had to add a maternity ward. Earned the nickname the Love Boat
(riding the Waves in not a new sport in the Navy) ;)

Boys and girls are gonna do, what they're gonna do, otherwise their wouldn't be so many of us on this planet. On any surface ship, normally there are port calls every few weeks. On a sub, you can be submerged and isolated for 3-6 months at a time, and occasionally longer.... Submarines and Spaceships would seemingly have that kind of problem in common.

So don't waste time attempting to overcome nature. Instead plan for it intelligently and move on...

Lawyers, accountants, dentists, political graft practitioners, preachers, teachers, among other like jobs, should certainly be 'Equal Pay for Equal Work.'

However, there are things, usually of a physical nature, where they should be separate but equal. Here's an example from my way of thinking...

Seal Teams should be segregated. It's okay to have women Seals, but they should be on an All Woman's Team, not in a mixed male/female group. There is just to large of a physical ability difference to mix them on a regular basis imo. This should include all sports or jobs with a heavy physical component. Breeding age females also have some natural disadvantages that can best be dealt with in an all female team/group. While it's not a big deal, it's also not nothing.... o_O

It's okay to have women fighter pilots, and those could easily be in mixed male/female squadrons. Women Snipers have long ago proven their equal worth.
In combat situations, it's much more important to have people that can get the specific job done, than it is to argue over which people you have doing the job.

(it seemed to work out okay on Star Trek) ;) -- :D

I will put it to you like this. If im on a seal team, i 100% would feel more comfortable with a dude sniping than a woman. Most jobs, fine, equal pay equal rights im fine with that. However, im not sure there is a job you can name where if you look at the top 5 people in that job that the majority is women. Thats not to say women dont do great work. I have women who work with me and there is a woman engineer who works with me in a group of 4 guys. She is very intelligent and at times knows more than all of us. However, its 1 to 4 and she is not the best on my "team".

You are still allowed your own prejudices and/or opinions, even if/when they are wrong. ;)

I won't bore you or the board with all of the examples of some specific women, doing a job better than some specific male.

Let's see you gestate and deliver a new person into the world. :)
Women have for eternity been the primary trainers of the men in the world.
At one time or another, women have done virtually every kind of job that a man can do. The strongest woman is actually stronger than the average man. Why try to use some arbitrary rule that is so loaded with person to person exceptions... o_O

Famous Quote - 'Behind ever great man, stands an equally great woman.'
While that's not always true, it often is. I actually see it another way. Behind every great partnership, stands two people who love, cherish, and support each other.

Individuals vary greatly, be they men or women. You need the right person for the job being done, gender is irrelevant in most (but not every) cases.

You are still allowed your own prejudices and/or opinions, even if/when they are wrong. ;)

I won't bore you or the board with all of the examples of some specific women, doing a job better than some specific male.

Let's see you gestate and deliver a new person into the world. :)
Women have for eternity been the primary trainers of the men in the world.
At one time or another, women have done virtually every kind of job that a man can do. The strongest woman is actually stronger than the average man. Why try to use some arbitrary rule that is so loaded with person to person exceptions... o_O

Famous Quote - 'Behind ever great man, stands an equally great woman.'
While that's not always true, it often is. I actually see it another way. Behind every great partnership, stands two people who love, cherish, and support each other.

Individuals vary greatly, be they men or women. You need the right person for the job being done, gender is irrelevant in most (but not every) cases.

Like i said. I value women, they are productive but if u take the top 5 of any job in the world, the majority is maale. Its not prejudice, its true. Its almost like me saying white people are just as fast as balck people, i mean, i could say it, but its not true. Yes, some are faster but the top 5 in the world are all goijg to be black or majority black.

If your argument is they give birth better, well, you are proving my point, the only thing they can do better is something a man cant do so they have to he first.

Im not saying women are not great at their jobs and there are a lot of them who are. Ive hired women over men but ive never had to offer a top 5 job and if i did, it would go to a dude.

So I'm guessing that you voted for Trump, over the Hilbillery.... :D

In my opinion, I'm not sure that either of them actually met the minimum requirements for the job. I still think that elections need a 'None of the Above' category at the bottom of the page. Our voting seems to have gone from the 'Lesser of two evils' :confused: -- To the 'Evil of two Lessers.' :oops:

As for top jobs, I'd look at all those that met the minimum requirements for the job, and then I'd hire the person that I determined would best be able to accomplish the goals, without bothering to notice which gender that the best was from. But that's just me.

I've never supported any kind of PC affirmative action for race, gender, age, religion, culture, or any other type of grouping. It's all bs imoho. I'm not into attempting to reconcile any or all perceived past injustices.

I've never under-paid or raped a woman.
I've never owned a single slave.
I've never killed a muslim or a jew.
I've never driven an indian off his land.
I've never thrown a widow or an old person out into the street.
And so I don't OWE any of them anything.... o_O
To me, limousine liberal social engineering is a vast load of crap and a total failure.

Reactions: fsu939913
Like i said. I value women, they are productive but if u take the top 5 of any job in the world, the majority is maale. Its not prejudice, its true. Its almost like me saying white people are just as fast as balck people, i mean, i could say it, but its not true. Yes, some are faster but the top 5 in the world are all goijg to be black or majority black.

If your argument is they give birth better, well, you are proving my point, the only thing they can do better is something a man cant do so they have to he first.

Im not saying women are not great at their jobs and there are a lot of them who are. Ive hired women over men but ive never had to offer a top 5 job and if i did, it would go to a dude.

Im white and ran a 4.36 at an adidas combine before i went to college, so you are racist...

In my opinion, I'm not sure that either of them actually met the minimum requirements for the job. I still think that elections need a 'None of the Above' category at the bottom of the page. Our voting seems to have gone from the 'Lesser of two evils' :confused: -- To the 'Evil of two Lessers.' :oops:

As for top jobs, I'd look at all those that met the minimum requirements for the job, and then I'd hire the person that I determined would best be able to accomplish the goals, without bothering to notice which gender that the best was from. But that's just me.

I've never supported any kind of PC affirmative action for race, gender, age, religion, culture, or any other type of grouping. It's all bs imoho. I'm not into attempting to reconcile any or all perceived past injustices.

To me, limousine liberal social engineering is a vast load of crap and a total failure.

damn i thought i had it all on the checklist until the throwing old people somewhere... almost had it

iv'e done all those things

Im white and ran a 4.36 at an adidas combine before i went to college, so you are racist...

damn i thought i had it all on the checklist until the throwing old people somewhere... almost had it

iv'e done all those things

Lol at the 4.36

I voted trump but not becuz hillary is a woman. Pretty much agree with everything u said...... Not sure if thats a good thing

I voted trump but not becuz hillary is a woman. Pretty much agree with everything u said...... Not sure if thats a good thing
:eek:

:D:D:D

Well, I admit that I didn't vote for Trump,,, I actually voted against Hilbillery, and it certainly had nothing to do with her being female... (at least I think she's a female?)

I would have voted for Sarah maybe, and certainly before I'd vote for a Hilbillery... :confused:

And I would have campaigned and voted for someone like an Idaho Republican Rep. Helen Chenoweth was. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
I mean. I ran a 3.1 on a stop watch

The crazy crap you expect us to believe, on your word alone, all evidence to the contrary, and you won't accept that a defensive back who played 1-A ball could run a hand-timed 4.36? Stupid much?

The crazy crap you expect us to believe, on your word alone, all evidence to the contrary, and you won't accept that a defensive back who played 1-A ball could run a hand-timed 4.36? Stupid much?

Jesus......we have someone who scored below a 1000 on the SAT here folks.....my point was, since i have to spell it out for u. That hand time sstop watches are not reliable at all. In the slightest. Also, who was the defensive back who played division 1? Shirley he went to the combine and ran that on the non stop watch time right? Didnt think so.

I mean i ran it on a hand time, but it was at least 5 of them, some of them even had me faster.. So i ran it again, and ran a 4.41... but if multiple college coaches catch you in that range at the line and all of them had it in the 4.3's on that run, it should be fairly accurate that it was indeed, fast.

Either way, i was moving then.

I mean i ran it on a hand time, but it was at least 5 of them, some of them even had me faster.. So i ran it again, and ran a 4.41... but if multiple college coaches catch you in that range at the line and all of them had it in the 4.3's on that run, it should be fairly accurate that it was indeed, fast.

Either way, i was moving then.

Faster than cj spiller..... While u were in high school. Lol

I mean u had to be running in the 10's for the 100 right?

Jesus......we have someone who scored below a 1000 on the SAT here folks.....my point was, since i have to spell it out for u. That hand time sstop watches are not reliable at all. In the slightest. Also, who was the defensive back who played division 1? Shirley he went to the combine and ran that on the non stop watch time right? Didnt think so.

1. Numbers played d-1 ball as a D-back.
2. Hand timed 40s are fairly reliable. They are consistently slightly quicker than electronic timed, by .075 to .175 seconds, per studies done. And he openly stated it was hand timed, so insinuating he should have to prove he can run it by going to the NFL combine is a straw man argument at best.
3. Dumbass.

It was not an nfl or anything related to the league combine, it was for high school kids with college recruiters there in birmingham... The only time i ever ran on an NFL clock for MSU's pro day was after my freshman year at the end of Spring ball going into my sophomore year.. I ran a 4.45 on one go just for the hell of it after all the seniors did their pro day New Orleans. Im not claiming to be faster than Bo jackson, calm down. But when i was 20 lbs lighter the Feb before that of my senior year of HS, yes i was clocked at that time. It was posted up on the web still for the longest time

It was not an nfl or anything related to the league combine, it was for high school kids with college recruiters there in birmingham... The only time i ever ran on an NFL clock for MSU's pro day was after my freshman year at the end of Spring ball going into my sophomore year.. I ran a 4.45 on one go just for the hell of it after all the seniors did their pro day New Orleans. Im not claiming to be faster than Bo jackson, calm down. But when i was 20 lbs lighter the Feb before that of my senior year of HS, yes i was clocked at that time. It was posted up on the web still for the longest time

Im not saying you werent fast, i jus think hand times are very unreliable. Im been standing next to people doing hand times at high schools where it varys so much. Maybe you ran 39 yards or 39 and a half. I refuse to believe that a high schooler claiming to be as fast as u were didnt win a state championship in the 100. Yes i realize 40 and 100 are diff but every high schooler i ever came across that was good at the 40 was also good at the 100. Im not saying they didnt tell u that those were your times. Im sure they did. Im saying those times are not accurate. I would say running high 4.4 in high school is more likely since u ran a 4.45 on nfl time. Yeah u might have been 20 some pounds lighter but ur muscles were more developed and trained in college.

Last edited:
1. Numbers played d-1 ball as a D-back.
2. Hand timed 40s are fairly reliable. They are consistently slightly quicker than electronic timed, by .075 to .175 seconds, per studies done. And he openly stated it was hand timed, so insinuating he should have to prove he can run it by going to the NFL combine is a straw man argument at best.
3. Dumbass.

1. So do a lot of people
2. Lol
3. LOL

Faster than cj spiller..... While u were in high school. Lol

I mean u had to be running in the 10's for the 100 right?

Why is that hard to believe? Hell, I ran a 10.1 in HS in track for the 100, a fast time, but there were better than I. Do you think all the posters here are beer-gutted basement types because they post on the InterWebz?

Why is that hard to believe? Hell, I ran a 10.1 in HS in track for the 100, a fast time, but there were better than I. Do you think all the posters here are beer-gutted basement types because they post on the InterWebz?

Lol so u were .1 away from making it into the olympics while u were in high school? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT