ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Baseball Tourney

For a week or so it looked like Schwarz was getting his groove back. But he's reverted to form and just isn't getting good swings, plus taking borderline pitches with 2 strikes. And Rivera hasn't been getting clutch hits lately either. I agree about the freshmen. They've been coming on strong. Hope we can hang in there and pull this one out. UCONN looks awfully good for a 3 seed.

For a week or so it looked like Schwarz was getting his groove back. But he's reverted to form and just isn't getting good swings, plus taking borderline pitches with 2 strikes. And Rivera hasn't been getting clutch hits lately either. I agree about the freshmen. They've been coming on strong. Hope we can hang in there and pull this one out. UCONN looks awfully good for a 3 seed.

Schwarz looked like he found an approach that worked but he looks like he's back pressing now, trying to pull a home run every ab. Just find a pitch to hit and drive it. In the SECT, he was driving the ball to right field and all over the place.

UConn does look tough. I think they won 15 of their last 16 or something to win their conference.

Man was that nice. I hope we don't get cute in the 9th and just let dunning close it.

That fat bastard double d is pretty awesome.

Anybody check out the bases loaded channel on ESPN 3? For tournament baseball, it's pretty sweet.

Or Anderson

It probably will be Anderson. They just haven't really touched dunning. I'd let him keep going.

What a lucky play at third. Gators do everything right, take the extra base, take the walk, smoke the ball and end up with a double play.

Great win, however you get there. Great save by Anderson. That's why you have a closer. On that second out, he probably threw that ball a hundred miles per hour at Alonso.

Nice to get that one. Trying to comeback and win 3 straight is tough. Let Tech and Uconn play about 15 or so innings tomorrow. There have been some serious upsets so far this tourney. Baseball continues to gain parity.

Nice to get that one. Trying to comeback and win 3 straight is tough. Let Tech and Uconn play about 15 or so innings tomorrow. There have been some serious upsets so far this tourney. Baseball continues to gain parity.
Good news is that neither bench is very deep. That is why this win was so important.

Pitch Faedo tomorrow. If we have to, then Scott Moss on Monday.

Loved the fact that the top and bottom of the line up contributed offensively. I really hope JJ and Mike come around at the plate. We really need those bats.

Last edited:
Sweet win. One more and then on to the Super Regionals. FSU has been playing better of late, scoring a lot of runs. Just like softball in the Supers, assuming baseball gets there, we'll be the better team but still have to play very well to win it.

Ole Miss goes 0-2 and Vandy is on the ropes about to go 0-2. Tough few days for Vandy. One of their freshman pitchers drowned on Thursday. Horrible.

William(son) and Mary just eliminated the defending national champions, Virginia Cavaliers.

Ga Tech this afternoon.

GaTech usually has 8 or 9 rh hitters. Put Faedo on the mound to mow them down. Pus I think the pitcher bench and bullpen for GaTech is much weaker than what UConn has

Start delayed for weather. :(
107tgte.jpg

Miami had a walk off hit to beat Long Beach State in the first game of the finals. They will face BC in the Supers, assuring at least one ACC team in the CWS. However, there will not be a repeat National Champ, as Virginia was eliminated in their region.

India did stay in the game. He made the putout on the first out in the bottom of the 9th.

That's good. Hate to lose that guy. We're playing good ball. FSU will be tough. Faedo was so good tonight. He and Shore are our best by a mile.

That's good. Hate to lose that guy. We're playing good ball. FSU will be tough. Faedo was so good tonight. He and Shore are our best by a mile.
No question that Shore will start Friday. I wonder if Sully considers starting Faedo Saturday?

Clemson just lost. The first and only National Seed to be eliminated. What is ironic is that even though USCe lost their first game Friday, with the elimination of Clemson, they are one win from hosting a Super Regional.

If that happens, consider this; the Mighty SEC could have 5 teams hosting a Super Regional. Florida, MSU and TAM have already punched their ticket to host.

LSU will have to win one of the two next games, And as mentioned, USCe will have to win tomorrow too.

But it could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT