ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day

LOI Signed

Justin Watkins - WR - 4 Stars

Andrew Chatfield - DE/OLB - 4 Stars

Verbal Commits

Richard Gouraige - OT - 4 Stars (2:30-2:45 PM)
Griffin McDowell - OC - 3 Stars (10 AM ET)

Other Announcement Times of Interest

Caleb Tannor - DE/OLB - 4 Stars - Nebraska
Nicholas Petit-Frere OL - 5 Stars - 10 AM ET hour on ESPNU
Nesta Silvera - DT - 4 Stars - 10 AM ET - Miami
Malcolm Lamar - DE - 4 Stars - 10 AM ET
Noah Boykin - CB - 4 Stars - 11:30 AM ET
WR Jacob Copeland - WR - 4 Stars - 2:00 PM ET hour on ESPNU
Caleb Johnson - DE - 3 Stars - 2:30 PM ET
DE Malik Langham - DE - 4 Stars - 3:30 PM ET
Dorian Gerald - JUCO DE - 3 Stars - Announcing Friday.
Fabien Lovett - DE - 3 Stars - Back to signing sometime today

Andrew Chatfield just signed with Florida. Silvera to Miami, Tannor to Nebraska

Ohio St. got the #1 OT & the #1 DT in the nation, both from the state of Florida. Should NEVER happen. Mullen has his work cut out for him in getting this program back to an elite level. I'm impressed with what he's done this year in a very short period of time. Given a full year to work on the 2019 class, I'm expecting UF to sign a great class next year. We can't get everybody we want, but losing NPF hurts. We need to close out the day with some big names, like Boykin, Gouraige & Copeland.

(2/7/18)

Justin Watkins - WR - 4 Stars

Andrew Chatfield - DE/OLB - 4 Stars

Griffin McDowell - OC - 3 Star

Verbal Commits

Richard Gouraige - OT - 4 Stars (2:30-2:45 PM)

Other Announcement Times of Interest

Nicholas Petit-Frere OL - 5 Stars - tOSU
Nesta Silvera - DT - 4 Stars - Miami
Malcolm Lamar - DE - 4 Stars - FSU
Noah Boykin - CB - 4 Stars - 11:30 AM ET
Fabien Lovett - DE - 3 Stars - Back to signing sometime today

All the twitter talk is gouraige is a done deal. I'd be shocked if we lost him. What's starting to pick up steam is we might pull langham. Which would be huge. And might also be the reason tannor went to Nebraska

All the twitter talk is gouraige is a done deal. I'd be shocked if we lost him. What's starting to pick up steam is we might pull langham. Which would be huge. And might also be the reason tannor went to Nebraska

That wouldn't make sense though because they play two completely different positions. Tannor is an OLB in a 3-4 while Langham at 6'6 250 will play end and some tackle

Adam Silverstein at OnlyGators.com is reporting that Virginia had an in-home with Noah Boykin last Friday and may have flipped him. He was supposed to sign at 11:30 and the 247 Sports predictions have him 50% to VA, 35% to UF. Huge loss if we don't land him.

That wouldn't make sense though because they play two completely different positions. Tannor is an OLB in a 3-4 while Langham at 6'6 250 will play end and some tackle
Yeah
I didn't look at sizes. Just saw where they both were listed as SDE

Adam Silverstein at OnlyGators.com is reporting that Virginia had an in-home with Noah Boykin last Friday and may have flipped him. He was supposed to sign at 11:30 and the 247 Sports predictions have him 50% to VA, 35% to UF. Huge loss if we don't land him.
That would suck

Barnes & Montilus from Apopka both signed with North Carolina. 247 crystal Ball now shows Boykin 62% to Virginia and Silverstein is saying we've lost him. Signing at his high school now set for 11.

We lost Boykin to UVA? Lol. Didn’t even know they had a program still. Not a good day for Mullen so far. Program has a long ways to go before we start landing studs again.

Taggart is killing it. They have some very great speed coming in. Seems there class is all four stars. He is going to be a factor in recruiting in Florida. Most high school coaches here say Taggart will own the state

Boykin has signed with Notre Dame. Disappointing. We NEED Gouraige, Copeland, Langham & Gerald!!!

Wasn’t they ranked 76 when he got there and in less than a month he will have them finishing top 10-12 when day is over?

We do not yet seem to be getting any non committed players where we showed a big interest and where they showed an big interest. Still a few more to go.

Noah Boykin - CB - 4 Stars - ND
Fabien Lovett - DE - 3 Stars - Miss St

We do not yet seem to be getting any non committed players where we showed a big interest and where they showed an big interest. Still a few more to go.

Not turning out to be the banner day many of us thought. I know we can't get everybody and I give Mullen & staff credit for the guys he has gotten. But we seem to have missed on several that "experts" thought we would get. Hopefully we can close out strong and get those last 4.

Dawgs are cleaning house. Losing all those starters helped big time. They can offer immediate playing time.

Dawgs are cleaning house. Losing all those starters helped big time. They can offer immediate playing time.

8 five stars. Unreal. They're going to be the best program in the country over the next 6-7 years. Smart is legit.

sadgator follows none of this and doesn’t know one player from the next...

But regardless of who the coach is...ever since Urban left, it just always seems like everybody out there does better than us and that we are always disappointed on this day. It’s been like this for 10+ years.

But regardless of who the coach is...ever since Urban left, it just always seems like everybody out there does better than us and that we are always disappointed on this day. It’s been like this for 10+ years.

Nah. Muschamp signed back to back top 4 classes. Just couldn't do anything with them.

Agree I thought Mullen was doing a good job and wasn't expecting a miracle but we haven't gotten one guy we were projected to get yet. And how we lost an elite lineman to UNC I have no idea.

I follow recruiting pretty closely, but I agree with your conclusion. We are behind other big time programs in facilities and we lost our recruiting edge under Muschamp & McElwain. I believe Mullen can and will get it back, but it takes time to rebuild relationships with high school coaches. Willie Taggert came to FSU AFTER Mullen and his class has moved from #36 to #10 right now in the 247 composite rankings, while we're at #17. They've closed on kids at the end much better than we have. If we get 3-4 more guys later in the day, we'll move up some, but Georgia, Alabama, Auburn & LSU are whipping us AGAIN in recruiting.

Agree I thought Mullen was doing a good job and wasn't expecting a miracle but we haven't gotten one guy we were projected to get yet. And how we lost an elite lineman to UNC I have no idea.
We weren’t projected to get Barnes. He was a package deal with Ed Montilus. That ship sailed a few weeks back. We got Andrew Chatfield and missed on Noah Boykin is what has happened so far today.

ADVERTISEMENT