ADVERTISEMENT

National Championship Discussion Thread

Agree but the same is true of other conferences.

Pac 12- Oregon and who?
Big 10: Ohio St.
Big 12: Pretty much only Baylor and Oklahoma, and Baylor has never been a serious contender.
ACC: FSU, and then Clemson this year.

If you break it down even more it looks like this. In the last decade only Oregon has played for a title in the Pac 12, Ohio St. is the only big 10 team since 02', Oklahoma and Texas have played for a title since 05', and then FSU and Clemson two of the last 3 years. Not at all different from the SEC.

I just made a similar thread.

Next year I would be shocked to see UNC, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, or VA Tech in the final four playoffs.

I don't see any PAC 12 team making it next season outside of Oregon.

I could see Baylor or TCU slipping in but doubtful.

The Big10 is OSU and a slim chance of Meatchiken.

As stated if UT, Ole Miss, LSU, or Auburn made it in, I wouldn't think "miracle" despite whatever handicappes they had. UF has work to do but it wouldn't be a world shocker. Our 06 team put it together under a second year coach. As much as I hate to say it I think UGA could compete in two years.

The SEC has won 8 of the last 10 national titles by 4 different schools. What other conferences have done that or have the depth the SEC has. Yes Bama is a powerhouse. Doesn't take anything away from the other big time football programs in the SEC or the successes other teams in the conference have had.

The SEC has won 8 of the last 10 national titles by 4 different schools. What other conferences have done that or have the depth the SEC has. Yes Bama is a powerhouse. Doesn't take anything away from the other big time football programs in the SEC or the successes other teams in the conference have had.

And the SEC went 9-2 in bowl games, but "the conference is trending down".

Even Ray Charles could see that the SEC is trending down, while the ACC is trending up.

muttley.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT