ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP say reconsider Florida schools….

All this is the aftermath of the Supreme Court ruling against Harvard and UNC using race ( Asian students ) as part of their admissions. The legal case was brought forward on behalf of Asian students who were not getting accepted into these schools based on race. The Supreme Court ruled 6-2 or 6-3 against the school’s admissions practice. Said race could not be a part of their admissions process.

Once this happened schools realized they were on legal thin ice if they were using DEI ( which almost all of them were or are ).

I think this is unique right now at UF because of DeSantis and our right wing legislature. It is what Emit Smith heavily criticized last week. So don't blame NCAA. If a recruit does not come to UF because of this you can blame DeSantis and his minions
But again, based on the Supreme Court ruling, any school doing this was putting themselves on shaky legal ground. And as an FYI the ruling was not even that close ( 6-2 or 6-3 ) I believe.

I think this is unique right now at UF because of DeSantis and our right wing legislature. It is what Emit Smith heavily criticized last week. So don't blame NCAA. If a recruit does not come to UF because of this you can blame DeSantis and his minions
Ahhh those crazy right wing minions thinking one should get into school based on academic achievements and not the color of their skin or whom they choose to sleep with..........

Stupid post is……stupid.
Suspicious Will Smith GIF

Emmitt thinks the "E" in DEI stands for equality, which shows how much he knows about this subject.

Reactions: Gator21480
UF and FLA schools should counter and say that by getting rid of DEI, it will help them lower tuition.

Universities have been the biggest beneficiaries of the Student Loan Crisis. They've been adding to the bureaucracy at the expense of students.

DEI in Universities always seemed weird to me. The enlightened intellectuals need DEI to keep them from being racist? Doesn't make sense.

UF and FLA schools should counter and say that by getting rid of DEI, it will help them lower tuition.

Universities have been the biggest beneficiaries of the Student Loan Crisis. They've been adding to the bureaucracy at the expense of students.

DEI in Universities always seemed weird to me. The enlightened intellectuals need DEI to keep them from being racist? Doesn't make sense.
Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

Does F$U have a DEI office currently? I dont see any articles mentioning F$U...

Ahhh those crazy right wing minions thinking one should get into school based on academic achievements and not the color of their skin or whom they choose to sleep with..........
I did not know Napier recruits based on academic achievement

Reactions: ApkGator21
This is not politics. Discrimination is illegal and should never be permissible in any form including academic institutions.

dis·crim·i·na·to·ry
/dəˈskrimənəˌtôrē/

adjective
  1. making or showing an unjust or prejudicial distinction between different categories of people, especially on the grounds of ethnicity, sex, age, or disability.

"Rules on DEI adopted earlier by state education officials say state colleges and universities are
    banned "from using state or federal funds to administer programs that categorize individuals based on race or sex for the purpose of differential or preferential treatment." DEI supporters say such offices help ensure equality and representation for people of different races, gender and disabilities."

Last edited:
The Supreme Court struck down Affirmative Action, not DEI.
Because the liberals used blackmail against publicly traded corporations instead of federal law to institute it. Don't have a public DEI policy and your stock gets downgraded. It's cool, clearly you think skin color and sexual orientation should be factors taken into consideration by admissions and corporations. I think it's insanity, and in fact racist, sexist, and whatever else you want to come up with

Because the liberals used blackmail against publicly traded corporations instead of federal law to institute it. Don't have a public DEI policy and your stock gets downgraded. It's cool, clearly you think skin color and sexual orientation should be factors taken into consideration by admissions and corporations. I think it's insanity, and in fact racist, sexist, and whatever else you want to come up with
Ignorance is bliss.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT