ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP asks black student-athletes to reconsider Florida colleges

GatorTheo

Bull Gator
Apr 1, 2002
siap

"The NAACP asked Black student-athletes to reconsider their decisions to attend public colleges and universities in the state of Florida, in response to the University of Florida and other state schools recently eliminating their diversity, equity and inclusion programs.

In a letter sent to NCAA president Charlie Baker and addressed to current and prospective student-athletes Monday, NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson wrote, "This is not about politics. It's about the protection of our community, the progression of our culture, and most of all, it's about your education, and your future."

Last year, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill that prohibits the use of state funds for any DEI programs. As a result, the University of Florida announced on March 1 it had closed the Office of the Chief Diversity Officer, eliminated 13 full-time DEI positions and 15 administrative appointments and halted DEI-focused contracts with outside vendors."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-student-athletes-reconsider-florida-colleges

McLaughlin_Wrong.gif

siap

"The NAACP asked Black student-athletes to reconsider their decisions to attend public colleges and universities in the state of Florida, in response to the University of Florida and other state schools recently eliminating their diversity, equity and inclusion programs.

In a letter sent to NCAA president Charlie Baker and addressed to current and prospective student-athletes Monday, NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson wrote, "This is not about politics. It's about the protection of our community, the progression of our culture, and most of all, it's about your education, and your future."

Last year, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill that prohibits the use of state funds for any DEI programs. As a result, the University of Florida announced on March 1 it had closed the Office of the Chief Diversity Officer, eliminated 13 full-time DEI positions and 15 administrative appointments and halted DEI-focused contracts with outside vendors."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-student-athletes-reconsider-florida-colleges
I listened to an interview with one of the NAACP peeps and they said that only applies to "white" colleges. Colleges like FAMU, which is a HISTORICALLY BLACK college, their diversity and equity were fine. Then she proclaimed herself a proud FSU grad, and suddenly, it all made sense.

No, I'm not kidding. Hand to God.

I listened to an interview with one of the NAACP peeps and they said that only applies to "white" colleges. Colleges like FAMU, which is a HISTORICALLY BLACK college, their diversity and equity were fine. Then she proclaimed herself a proud FSU grad, and suddenly, it all made sense.

No, I'm not kidding. Hand to God.
Now that's good stuff right there!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT