ADVERTISEMENT

Mac’s U-Haul is Gonna be “Pretty Special”...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
images

Glad you aren’t feeling bad for him anymore
You know what? I never gave up on Mac. I always wanted to believe he was the guy. I always trusted that he had a plan. I thought he understood who we were. I thought he was a good fit for a long time. I still believe he genuinely wanted to win at Florida and that he loved our program and players. I believe he is a good man who was in over his head.

Now I also realize, he wasn’t a good fit. I DO feel bad for him. I will always have empathy for others. I will joke and kid around for a laugh, but I am always cognizant of the feelings and situations of others. Mac was an eccentric guy, but he never meant us harm. It is sad to watch him stand up and answer those questions in the post game press conference. It is not the ending sadgator wanted to see. I really hope he finds the place he is supposed be, and I appreciate the positive things he did for us.

that presser had it all, dooley explained it...

"Florida AD Scott Stricklin met with the coach to tell him that a Saturday morning report that Florida was negotiating a buyout with McElwain’s agent Jimmy Sexton was false.

“First I had heard of it,” McElwain said. “My eggs didn’t taste real good.”

But he told his team about it anyway. For all of the things that have been said about McElwain, his players love him. So right before they board a bus to play in a season-saving game, he puts that in their heads.

Just another bad decision that isn’t about X’s and O’s.

“What he told us stays in that room,” cornerback Duke Dawson said.

He didn’t need to tell us what effect it had on the team.

We saw it right from the start.

Georgia ran eight plays from scrimmage and it was 21-0.

Game.

Over.

The players who spoke to the media after it was over had a standard reply when asked about McElwain’s future.

“Next question.”

Now we brace for the biggest question.

When?

When will the plug be pulled? It seems inevitable and McElwain’s demeanor said a lot about where this thing is heading. He went from the usual evasive guy talking in circles to a coach who seems resigned to what is going to happen next.

So he was candid.

And the truth was painful."

Mac will get a break. He won't need to buy a new u-haul. He can just borrow Muschamp's. I supported Mac until it became obvious he was having an Urban Meyer breakdown minus the spasms. There is no recovery from giving up.

So even though Stricklin supposedly met with him to show some support (I don't believe that btw) Mac still told the players because why? Guess that was gonna be his win one for the gipper moment. Or at least he thought that anyway. Just one more example to show this dude doesn't get it, he's lost.

So even though Stricklin supposedly met with him to show some support (I don't believe that btw) Mac still told the players because why? Guess that was gonna be his win one for the gipper moment. Or at least he thought that anyway. Just one more example to show this dude doesn't get it, he's lost.

For a guy who says he's always preaching to his players to ignore the "noise," he sure creates a lot of it. GTFO ASAP please.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Guess that was gonna be his win one for the gipper moment.

Mac's pre-game Gipper fire-up speech:

Hey guys, let's gather around a little bit here. You've probably heard some "noise" in the system about me, what I like to call the distraction piece. And yet today isn't about me, even though I did win the SEC East twice and every time I look at Twitter, it's someone posting a picture of me naked humping a shark. But uh, you know I just think in life we all have our sharks to hump and you just got to climb up there and uh... ah jeez...(trails off, stares glassy eyed into the distance, sobs quietly into his hands).

Last edited:
You know what? I never gave up on Mac. I always wanted to believe he was the guy. I always trusted that he had a plan. I thought he understood who we were. I thought he was a good fit for a long time. I still believe he genuinely wanted to win at Florida and that he loved our program and players. I believe he is a good man who was in over his head.

Now I also realize, he wasn’t a good fit. I DO feel bad for him. I will always have empathy for others. I will joke and kid around for a laugh, but I am always cognizant of the feelings and situations of others. Mac was an eccentric guy, but he never meant us harm. It is sad to watch him stand up and answer those questions in the post game press conference. It is not the ending sadgator wanted to see. I really hope he finds the place he is supposed be, and I appreciate the positive things he did for us.

While amusing to see as a rival, I have to admit that it is a bit alarming how abruptly Gator fans turned on Mac. As recently as about ten days ago, the mood towards him was basically, "Meh. Give him a little more time. He won the East two years in a row, didn't he?" If this was the 1600s, I think he would have been burned at the stake by now.

In fairness, he brought some of it on himself with his derpy jedi mind trick attempts (along with last night's game) but this has become a fascinating anthropological study into how quickly the the pack can demote the alpha male into the omega male. I will compile my observations into a report and submit it for peer review to the College of Anthropology.

fallwinter2007001.jpg

Reactions: sadgator
While amusing to see as a rival, I have to admit that it is a bit alarming how abruptly Gator fans turned on Mac. As recently as about ten days ago, the mood towards him was basically, "Meh. Give him a little more time. He won the East two years in a row, didn't he?" If this was the 1600s, I think he would have been burned at the stake by now.

In fairness, he brought some of it on himself with his derpy jedi mind trick attempts (along with last night's game) but this has become a fascinating anthropological study into how quickly the the pack can demote the alpha male into the omega male. I will compile my observations into a report and submit it for peer review to the College of Anthropology.

fallwinter2007001.jpg

He dishonestly threw the whole fan base under the bus, trying to deflect attention from his poor performance and then capped the week by getting absolutely destroyed by the team's biggest rival. It doesn't surprise me at all how quickly and completely he lost support.

fallwinter2007001.jpg
It actually is a good observation. An unfortunate consequence of the power of social media and our world today. We just have less patience then ever...and things move at the speed of light.

However, sadgator thinks these things have been slowly building from very early on. His folksy kind of demeanor and evasiveness really never matched up with who we are as a fan base. People (even his supporters) never really identified with him.

And at the end of the day...he just never did what he said he would...improve the offense.

Oh, and telling the HBC that he didn’t want his assistance...yeah...probably a bad idea.

He dishonestly threw the whole fan base under the bus, trying to deflect attention from his poor performance and then capped the week by getting absolutely destroyed by the team's biggest rival. It doesn't surprise me at all how quickly and completely he lost support.
This. When a man harms the unjustly brand we so dearly love, not just the football program but the whole University of Florida brand, then it is quite easy to turn on him.

fallwinter2007001.jpg
o7xoDdA.png

I'm just glad that its over and we can PLEASE GOD bring on someone that's hungry, innovative on offense, and can recruit like a MF. Bye Swamp Donkey

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT