ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of smoke

might not be time to drink yet, but it may be time to head to the liquor store to prepare.

Lots of little leaks starting to point to a mutual agreement to split.

Could be a great day for UF football very soon!

It would be nice if he would take a 50% payout and head down the road.

Love rumors. He is going to be our coach next year. He ain’t walking away.

One thing about Mac, he is a survivior, a whiny survivor. Just when it looks like he's crapped his pants to the point where he's going to get blown out of his job, he falls ass backward into a win. It happened last year at LSU. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens this Saturday. They will have to drag him kicking and screaming out of his office.

might not be time to drink yet, but it may be time to head to the liquor store to prepare.

Lots of little leaks starting to point to a mutual agreement to split.

Could be a great day for UF football very soon!
Losing your coach mid season is not something to celebrate, deserving or not. But I guess that's just me.

I have no problem with them doing it, but there will be lots of backlash. Recruits will jump ship and players will start to run things in the locker room when they know there is nothing to play for which will create problems for the next coach.

Not much good comes out of firing a coach mid season.

One thing about Mac, he is a survivior, a whiny survivor. Just when it looks like he's crapped his pants to the point where he's going to get blown out of his job, he falls ass backward into a win. It happened last year at LSU. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens this Saturday. They will have to drag him kicking and screaming out of his office.

This isn’t about Mac winning or losing v UGa. This is about making the death threat statement before informing anyone at UF and then refusing to give the UAA information to investigate threats toward its players and coaches. This is so far beyond on the field stuff. Just telling you, this isn’t going away win or lose Saturday

Reactions: BayAreaGator
Losing your coach mid season is not something to celebrate, deserving or not. But I guess that's just me.

I have no problem with them doing it, but there will be lots of backlash. Recruits will jump ship and players will start to run things in the locker room when they know there is nothing to play for which will create problems for the next coach.

So recruits are more likely to stay if he is let go in 4 weeks??? Uhhh.....ok

With the circus he has created, every minute sooner the name Mac is no longer associated with UF is better for everyone

That’s just ignorant. We fired a coach midseason before we hired Steve. We fired a coach midseason before we hired Urban.
We had a coach leave post season before we ended up with Zook
We had a coach leave post season before we got muschamp.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Reading comprehension must not be a strong suit. I said I had no problem with him being let go now. I said that I think it's not something to celebrate when you lose a coach mid season.

That’s just ignorant. We fired a coach midseason before we hired Steve. We fired a coach midseason before we hired Urban.
We had a coach leave post season before we ended up with Zook
We had a coach leave post season before we got muschamp.
Did you not read my post? I understand that it happens but I just don't see why it's something to celebrate.

This isn’t about Mac winning or losing v UGa. This is about making the death threat statement before informing anyone at UF and then refusing to give the UAA information to investigate threats toward its players and coaches. This is so far beyond on the field stuff. Just telling you, this isn’t going away win or lose Saturday

If we win Saturday, you won't hear another word about it. The UAA may remain pissed, but it will cease being a national story. Now if we lose and Mac's seat gets hotter and the questions continue and he's forced into admitting that he made it up or at least exaggerated it, then all bets are off and he may be forced to resign in truly humiliating fashion, which I have to say I would enjoy watching.

Reactions: EvilWayz
If we win Saturday, you won't hear another word about it. The UAA may remain pissed, but it will cease being a national story. Now if we lose and Mac's seat gets hotter and the questions continue and he's forced into admitting that he made it up or at least exaggerated it, then all bets are off and he may be forced to resign in truly humiliating fashion, which I have to say I would enjoy watching.

Which is exacty why its not that hard to believe Mac isn’t looking for an out. He is done here, will never have fan support, adminstrative support or anything of the likr. He is done, just a matter of when

he's been done a long time ago, the excuses by our fans are mind blowing.. you can't be that bad and be at any program like Florida.. Muschamp would have been able to compete for the East again this year with our schedule

he's f'ing competing for it right now at South Carolina

If you loathe the coach, why wouldn't you want him gone as soon as possible?
Lol again, I'm not saying that. But how is it something for us to celebrate as a program when we fire our coach mid season?

Necessary to let him go, probably. But not something any program wants to have to do.

It's like some of you just read part of posts and then ignore everything else.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Lol again, I'm not saying that. But how is it something for us to celebrate as a program when we fire our coach mid season?

Necessary to let him go, probably. But not something any program wants to have to do.

I’ll say it again, every minute he is here is worse for us. If they can him tonight it would be great, and better for the program

Reactions: BayAreaGator

I just don't understand the distinction you're making. People don't like Mac and want him gone. The sooner he's gone, the sooner the program can potentially get going in a positive direction, instead of continuing a near decade long run of mediocrity. Seems pretty positive to me.

Myself, I would also enjoy watching Mac be hounded by the press and being forced to endure a series of ever more uncomfortable press conferences, leading to a final weepy confession and his being run out of town on a rail along with his whole family and their damn hotdog dinners. But I understand that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Reactions: oozie7
I’ll say it again, every minute he is here is worse for us. If they can him tonight it would be great, and better for the program
I get that. I guess I just don't see excitement in having to start over again and wait another couple years to compete again. I know it's necessary and I think he should be gone, but I don't feel like I need to celebrate that our program has fallen this far and we are going to be in rebuild mode again. It's actually kind of depressing.

I responded to exactly what you said. My comprehension is fine. You said “ not much good comes out of firing a coach mid season”. That has been demonstrated as being false.

The only negative is for the seniors on this years team but this years team isn’t going anywhere anyway. If it were we wouldn’t be firing a coach. If we hire the right guy early and announce it then it will help with recruiting. Nobody wants to come here knowing that Macs firing is inevitable and not knowing who is replacement will be.

I just don't understand the distinction you're making. People don't like Mac and want him gone. The sooner he's gone, the sooner the program can potentially get going in a positive direction, instead of continuing a near decade long run of mediocrity. Seems pretty positive to me.

Myself, I would also enjoy watching Mac be hounded by the press and being forced to endure a series of ever more uncomfortable press conferences, leading to a final weepy confession and his being run out of town on a rail along with his whole family and their damn hotdog dinners. But I understand that's not everyone's cup of tea.
I think in the long run yes it's important to get started now. Short term it's going to be a rough few months. Knowing the people on this forum, I doubt they have the patience when things have to start over and we get more bad news.

It also sucks that it happened this year because I'm not impressed at all with potential coaches as day 1 impact hires. Just lots of guys that have turned programs around at lower level schools and have done nothing in the grand scheme of things. Feels like we will have to make another gamble hire.

And yes, I WANT MAC GONE.

I responded to exactly what you said. My comprehension is fine. You said “ not much good comes out of firing a coach mid season”. That has been demonstrated as being false.

The only negative is for the seniors on this years team but this years team isn’t going anywhere anyway. If it were we wouldn’t be firing a coach. If we hire the right guy early and announce it then it will help with recruiting. Nobody wants to come here knowing that Macs firing is inevitable and not knowing who is replacement will be.
Not sure you are understanding where I am coming from with my posts so I'll just leave it alone.

I get that. I guess I just don't see excitement in having to start over again and wait another couple years to compete again. I know it's necessary and I think he should be gone, but I don't feel like I need to celebrate that our program has fallen this far and we are going to be in rebuild mode again. It's actually kind of depressing.
Now that, I understand and agree with. It is extremely depressing. It’s been a long 7 years with these coaches. I stopped watching Florida football during muschamp second year. I find no joy in it. I came back for a while during Macs first year. But I found that nothing had changed.
To be fair, I just don’t care as much for football in general as I used to. Some of that is for personal reasons, my son graduated HS and decided to play baseball in college instead of FB. And some of it is the general direction that the game has taken at every level. Over the last 10 years I’ve gone from not caring about the nfl to being anti nfl. And it didn’t start with the kneeling for the anthem. The game just isn’t as fun as it used to be.
It’s not just me either. Attendance is down everywhere.

Now that, I understand and agree with. It is extremely depressing. It’s been a long 7 years with these coaches. I stopped watching Florida football during muschamp second year. I find no joy in it. I came back for a while during Macs first year. But I found that nothing had changed.
To be fair, I just don’t care as much for football in general as I used to. Some of that is for personal reasons, my son graduated HS and decided to play baseball in college instead of FB. And some of it is the general direction that the game has taken at every level. Over the last 10 years I’ve gone from not caring about the nfl to being anti nfl. And it didn’t start with the kneeling for the anthem. The game just isn’t as fun as it used to be.
It’s not just me either. Attendance is down everywhere.
Exactly what I'm trying to say. It just sucks man. I'm tired of doing this every 3-4 years.

Say what???

And off they go yet again....

dancing-monkeys-o.gif

The chit-show here just never ends....

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Not sure you are understanding where I am coming from with my posts so I'll just leave it alone.
I ain’t mad. We all want the same thing. I get that you hate the prospect of being in the position to fire a coach. But I think it’s like taking off a band aid. Better to just grab it and yank and get it over with.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

I think he's saying in a nutshell any time you have to fire a coach midseason, it means your program isn't in a good place. So from that standpoint it's not something to celebrate, which I agree with.

But I also agree that firing that coach who has the program in a bad place is worth celebrating on its own.

~ What I'd like to see is for those calling for his firing to hold their breath until that happens...o_O

~ To extreme huh? Well then, how about just not eating anything until he's fired?

~ Still to extreme? Okay, then how about you all just STFU until he fired?

(we'll never be that lucky on any of those 3 things happening...)
:oops:

~ What I'd like to see is for those calling for his firing to hold their breath until that happens...o_O

~ To extreme huh? Well then, how about just not eating anything until he's fired?

~ Still to extreme? Okay, then how about you all just STFU until he fired?

(we'll never be that lucky on any of those 3 things happening...)
:oops:

If it bothers you to read posts, speculating about Mac being fired, why do you click on and read a thread that is clearly dedicated entirely to the subject? Oh, because you're desperate for attention and have to make everything about you? Carry on then.

Reactions: oozie7 and -BBH-
The probed alien is always crying out for attention. He almost certainly doesn't get any at home. Sad!

We live in a vacuum on this board. It is real easy to fixate on a point or blow an issue WAY out of proportion.

The death threat thing is great fodder for those who are looking to jettison Mac like a dead weight on a sinking hot air balloon, but the truth of the matter is...it just isn’t that simple.

There are so many more complexities to this both legal and professionally, than some folks want to acknowledge.

He isn’t getting fired for making an over-exaggeration. And he isn’t getting fired for poor performance until he’s had an opportunity to correct it, as he should (and is only fair).

There might be a personality rift between he and Stricklin (hence the UF statement) but that isn’t likely to rise to the level of the need to part ways. And quite honestly, if Stricklin is the kind of guy who is going to make a rash decision on the basis of some mob mentality fans who just don’t like Mac, then that doesn’t speak too well of him either.

If it bothers you to read posts, speculating about Mac being fired, why do you click on and read a thread that is clearly dedicated entirely to the subject? Oh, because you're desperate for attention and have to make everything about you? Carry on then.

Why do you and a few other always feel the need to contend with me on any post that I make here? Oh, because you're desperate for attention and have to make everything about you? Carry on then... :rolleyes:

The probed alien is always crying out for attention. He almost certainly doesn't get any at home. Sad!

Just as knowledgable about me as you are about most anything else that happens in the world. Your only point, as usual, is the one that's sticking out through the top of your hat... o_O
(and just because emo's apparently annoy you so much... :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT