ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Stoops might have the inside track....

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Wow if true.

Heard he was on campus today. Some are saying its done.

Last edited:
Its stoops. 6.6 mill a yr

Lebby coming from UCF, Briles staying on, and Leavitt as DC. Stoops and Leavitt worked together before.

Lol...ok...

More like Lane Kiffin wearing a Bob Stoops Halloween mask....

I'm not buying it quite yet, but there is a lot of buzz around town regarding Stoops. I still can't help but put this in the "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" category.

I'm not buying it quite yet, but there is a lot of buzz around town regarding Stoops. I still can't help but put this in the "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" category.
If you want to know how to track Bob Stoops’s plane number, the Kentucky folks at Catspause can help you out...

We thought we were hiring Bob Stoops three times...this is only your first...

One of the reasons I'm still skeptical. Stoops may just be one of those people that is interested in every offer. Doesn't necessarily mean there's an agreement.

One of the reasons I'm still skeptical. Stoops may just be one of those people that is interested in every offer. Doesn't necessarily mean there's an agreement.

There is no official agreement but everything was laid out and apparently verbally agreed to. Now we might pull the plug if we feel someone better is in play but Bob kind of begged for the job. Kind of makes me want to move on.

We thought we were hiring Bob Stoops three times...this is only your first...

But did you have an intern AD with no connections to Stoops while firing a coach in under 2 yrs???

The thing that makes me believe it is we let Taggart go mid season....why would we do that without a guarantee of someone who can step in? Recruiting ends in December for most so we would want the coach in place very soon. Everything makes sense for the hire.....but you know us...

There is no official agreement but everything was laid out and apparently verbally agreed to. Now we might pull the plug if we feel someone better is in play but Bob kind of begged for the job. Kind of makes me want to move on.
True, nobody wants desperate.

Reactions: fsu939913
As a favor to our Nole friends, sadgator will share our “Bob Stoops” and “Chip Kelly” coach hiring gif to save you the time of looking for it...

giphy.gif

Reactions: fsu939913
Big named hire which will help but does that guy have anything left in the tank? I mean he retired and it didn't seem like he was burned out like other coaches. I'm not sure which Bob Stoops would show up.

I have a VERY good source inside the fsu AD. He laughed at the report that Stoops was on campus. He had to cut the conversation short, however, because they were having lunch on campus with Saban and Belichick. Seems the two of them want to get together to form a dream team of coaching and do it at fsu. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what I know.

I have a VERY good source inside the fsu AD. He laughed at the report that Stoops was on campus. He had to cut the conversation short, however, because they were having lunch on campus with Saban and Belichick. Seems the two of them want to get together to form a dream team of coaching and do it at fsu. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what I know.
I thought this would be the case!!!

Reactions: GatorGray
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT