ADVERTISEMENT

LOL UGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop doing this to ourselves? We aren’t the ones that haven’t won a title in 40 years. Shouldn’t you be saying that about yourself? Your the one coming to this board proclaiming you are going to win national titles. Wait until next year? Hasn’t that kind of been the UGA motto??

Life as a Georgia fan under Kirbs.

Spring: We gon win dat Natty!

December: We were too young

That Rose Bowl win and the recruiting titles have bought him at least two more seasons. He’ll be gone by 2023ish. As long as they can stay in the conversation they’re happy enough.

No way he lasts 3 more seasons. When the homers turn on him, it will be instant and vicious.

Then they will demand UGA hire Mike Bobo. Kirbs might make it to 2021, but he wont make it to 2022. Would love to be wrong, tho.

Stop doing this to ourselves? We aren’t the ones that haven’t won a title in 40 years. Shouldn’t you be saying that about yourself? Your the one coming to this board proclaiming you are going to win national titles. Wait until next year? Hasn’t that kind of been the UGA motto??
I have never been to the pups site. Why they feel the need to come here and 'let us know' escapes me. I get it if it's game week or something similar.

Reactions: PacoGator19
No way he lasts 3 more seasons. When the homers turn on him, it will be instant and vicious.

Then they will demand UGA hire Mike Bobo. Kirbs might make it to 2021, but he wont make it to 2022. Would love to be wrong, tho.
I would have thought the same thing if I hadn’t seen them proclaiming a 10% improvement at QB under Newman over Fromm and a 32% improvement after losing Swift. Then proclaiming another recruiting title. Immediately following the bowl game they were already in May mode. They won’t be as patient as they were with Richt but they’re also scared of becoming South Carolina again.

That Rose Bowl win and the recruiting titles have bought him at least two more seasons. He’ll be gone by 2023ish. As long as they can stay in the conversation they’re happy enough.
If the record slides to mediocrity, sure. But One thing Georgia doesn’t do quickly is fire coaches. Richt and Mark Fox far overstayed their usefulness.

Reactions: superdawg51
Maybe you should look at this mock draft from NFL-draftsite for 2021.

Trask 1st round - 29th overall.
Newman 6th round - 189th overall.

Tell us some more about this awesome transfer of yours and his amazing pro potential.

Just as a reminder, against the only decent defense he faced all year:

6-14, 41 yards, 2 int.

Get used to that stat line, you are going to see similar ones next year.

I doubt seriously we will..........

The clemson game is your go-to for judging Newman. Yeah, he sucked and so did his Oline giving up 2 sacks and 12 tackles for loss. The game was played in clemson and Venables blitzed all day long. Nice cherry picking there........

Wake Forest signed but two 4-Star players in the last decade. I'd dare say he'll have greater success in Athens.

So Smart is on his 3rd OC already and none of the other 2 left for promotions. One got up and ran to UT of all places and the other just got demoted. Doesn’t really sound like everything is under control on that side of the ball.

The clemson game is your go-to for judging Newman. Yeah, he sucked and so did his Oline giving up 2 sacks and 12 tackles for loss. The game was played in clemson and Venables blitzed all day long. Nice cherry picking there........

Wake Forest signed but two 4-Star players in the last decade. I'd dare say he'll have greater success in Athens.
He sucked in more than just the Clemson game.

It's not cherry-picking, it's the ACC. Only one program in the conference has a pulse.

Reactions: fsumc
So Smart is on his 3rd OC already and none of the other 2 left for promotions. One got up and ran to UT of all places and the other just got demoted. Doesn’t really sound like everything is under control on that side of the ball.
Chaney went home. Coley sucked and got demoted. This is either a sign Kirby won’t get out of the way on O, or he’s seen the light and will stay in his lane. Just like his former boss did I guess.

Last edited:

What about the other half dozen games he blew chunks?

Kirbs coaches like a little brother trying to prove himself. Acts like that in postgame interviews after losses, too.

He definitely didnt learn that at Bama, Saban ran off both Nussmeier and Kiffin in large part because they wouldnt run the type of offense he wanted. Kirbs knows nothing about offense and still tries to stick his nose in the OC's business, thus the little brother syndrome.

Your offense is a shambles. You lost, what, 8 starters? 4/5 of your oline, your all star RB, your 3 year starting QB, and 2 of the three guys who could catch the ball. Now they have to learn a new offense.

And let's be clear about the QB situation. You don't have a guy who's been groomed in the system and knows what he's doing, who could take the new faces and put them in the right positions and tell them what to do. You have a guy who is walking into a HUGE upgrade in opposition (might as well be coming out of high school), who has no idea about the offense, hasn't worked with the receivers, hasn't worked with the Oline, etc. YOU ARE STARTING FROM SCRATCH.

As I said, you can continue to talk out of your backside, but we both know this is going to be a tough year for you.

So much talent that Pat Forde just ranked us number 2 going into next season. Stop doing this to yourselves every year. We have tons of talent with Kirby running the show, and that’s not going to change.

What are you going to do when Bama beats you 44-3?

Well...........ok. To whom will he be throwing too? W/o Jefferson and Chase Joe Burrows doesn't win the Heisman. Who will be Fla's Jefferson and Chase?

Well, three short seasons ago Kirby had three 5-Star QBs on his roster. Eason entered the portal after the 2017 season and Fields after the 2018 campaign. Not exactly all Kirby's fault. Smart wasn't actively recruiting a 2019 QB until the season's end when Fields suddenly entered the portal.

Kirby subsequently flipped Ohio St commit Dwan Mathis but his development hit a set-back after brain surgery this past spring and has yet to be cleared to play. Fromm then decides to enter the 2020 draft leaving only true freshman Carson Beck who did enroll early as the only healthy QB on the roster heading into spring.

Newman gives the Dawgs DT talent and more importantly experience entering the 2020 season. Beck will back up. ***** Brock Vandagriff looking good for 2021.

So Beck is next for the portal then.

You can bet he went to UGa to be the next guy up after Fromm, not backup a transfer then a guy a year younger. Seriously, it's ok to recruit a three star once and a while and develop him, then you have a guy you can call on in situations like this.

You can bet he went to UGa to be the next guy up after Fromm, not backup a transfer then a guy a year younger. Seriously, it's ok to recruit a three star once and a while and develop him, then you have a guy you can call on in situations like this.
Georgia has a Heisman candidate at QB next season.

Georgia has a Heisman candidate at QB next season.

I have seen his name a couple of times on other sites. I guess they didn't see the Clemson stat line.

Frankly, I'm not surprised he's on the betting line. As delusional as you fleas are, you'll be running to put money on him. This is how bookies make bank. Playing the suckers.

Here's some good betting advice. Bet everything you own against him being a finalist. Easy money.

I have seen his name a couple of times on other sites. I guess they didn't see the Clemson stat line.

Frankly, I'm not surprised he's on the betting line. As delusional as you fleas are, you'll be running to put money on him. This is how bookies make bank. Playing the suckers.

Here's some good betting advice. Bet everything you own against him being a finalist. Easy money.
How much are you guys gonna put on Trask?

Dead serious. As we have been told ITT, having odds makes you a candidate. And Newman has odds. Now, would you like to tell me I”m wrong? I knew one of you would bite on this.
If you think this is the time to try and be pompous and arrogant then I know exactly how that can be taken care of. You are on the wrong board for that and I’m not really in the mood. This is the UF board so I suggest knowing where your at first.

Dead serious. As we have been told ITT, having odds makes you a candidate. And Newman has odds. Now, would you like to tell me I”m wrong? I knew one of you would bite on this.

He has odds, he's a candidate. There are a few who assume Georgia equates to good. I've seen him mocked as a first round draft choice as well, although only once, others have him in the 6th, which seems about right to me.

Now, as to why people equate Georgia to good, I think it's their relentless self promotion about their "great recruiting classes". Funny about that, never seen a recruiting class win anything. But rosters do. Georgia has a tendency to see their best recruits transfer away, and those who find some collegiate success run to the NFL ASAP. So recruiting gets an "A", but roster gets a "C+". Some people have a hard time understanding that.

What are you going to do when Bama beats you 44-3?
I’m certainly not going to claim we were the better team like you all do, IF we lose. If you think UGA with Kirby isn’t going to continue to reload talent every year then I don’t know what to tell you. The offense will get going soon. Oh look, we just landed the #1 QB...

If you think UGA with Kirby isn’t going to continue to reload talent every year then I don’t know what to tell you.

Why do you keep bringing this up? No one here is contesting this point, everyone here knows Kirbs can recruit.

Most of us know he struggles to DEVELOP that talent.

Congrats on getting another #1 QB. I'm sure the Oregon fans will be thrilled to see him join them in 2 years.

I’m certainly not going to claim we were the better team like you all do, IF we lose. If you think UGA with Kirby isn’t going to continue to reload talent every year then I don’t know what to tell you. The offense will get going soon. Oh look, we just landed the #1 QB...
Not throwing stones on this one. But what kind of offense does Kirby want? He got Jake Fromm who was an obvious pro style. Then he gets Fields who is a fantastic dual threat. He nabs Dwan Mathis dual threat and Carson Beck who much to the chagrin of Iraqdog is a pro style QB. Jamie Newman transfers in and you all are going ape shit because of his wheels. Now you just got a commitment from the #1 pro style QB for next year. Is he hedging his bets on what kind of offense is going to stick? Clearly not all those dudes are sticking around to run an offense they weren’t recruited for. Is there concern you end up in the same situation again as this year?

If you think this is the time to try and be pompous and arrogant then I know exactly how that can be taken care of. You are on the wrong board for that and I’m not really in the mood. This is the UF board so I suggest knowing where your at first.
Pompous = pointing out contradictory statements. Got it. If you want to ban me and leave Laker, do what you must. This mod stuff is getting to you.

Why do you keep bringing this up? No one here is contesting this point, everyone here knows Kirbs can recruit.

Most of us know he struggles to DEVELOP that talent.

Congrats on getting another #1 QB. I'm sure the Oregon fans will be thrilled to see him join them in 2 years.
Umm, he was clearly contesting this which is why I responded to his post before you decided to jump in. Go troll someone else.

Not throwing stones on this one. But what kind of offense does Kirby want? He got Jake Fromm who was an obvious pro style. Then he gets Fields who is a fantastic dual threat. He nabs Dwan Mathis dual threat and Carson Beck who much to the chagrin of Iraqdog is a pro style QB. Jamie Newman transfers in and you all are going ape shit because of his wheels. Now you just got a commitment from the #1 pro style QB for next year. Is he hedging his bets on what kind of offense is going to stick? Clearly not all those dudes are sticking around to run an offense they weren’t recruited for. Is there concern you end up in the same situation again as this year?
I think he wants a more vertical passing attack with a mobile QB that can run RPO. We tried with Fromm but he very rarely ever kept the ball. Beck seems to be a little more mobile than Fromm. I don’t think anyone is going apeshit over Newman. I think we’re excited about a proven QB vs an unproven freshman, considering our defense is going to be even better next year.

Reactions: superdawg51
Umm, he was clearly contesting this which is why I responded to his post before you decided to jump in. Go troll someone else.

You've brought it up like 3 times this week again no one is contesting it. Obviously you keep mentioning it because it's the only accomplishment of Kirbs' that you can hang your hat on, since he can't win anything with that talent once he gets it on campus.

I think he wants a more vertical passing attack with a mobile QB that can run RPO. We tried with Fromm but he very rarely ever kept the ball. Beck seems to be a little more mobile than Fromm. I don’t think anyone is going apeshit over Newman. I think we’re excited about a proven QB vs an unproven freshman, considering our defense is going to be even better next year.
Sorry, bud but you need to read this board more and listen to your fanbase. One dude was on here immediately calling Newman an upgrade. Pulled stats from some other UGA board claiming there’s a 10% improvement of Newman over Fromm. The fact that you just called Newman “proven” is a testament to inflating this guy. You may not be calling him a second round QB like some of your base but the narrative is out there this guy will deliver. But he couldn’t deliver at Wake. Take it from someone in ACC Land, our defenses suck. Newman struggled running a wide open offense against weak opponents other than Clemson. He was benched for a reason.

Fair points everywhere else. I guess he’s hoping these pro style guys have just enough wheels to keep defenses honest. Personally I’d be concerned about the consistency because it looks like star chasing. Again, take it from someone who’s seen his team do just that and it not turn out well.

You've brought it up like 3 times this week again no one is contesting it. Obviously you keep mentioning it because it's the only accomplishment of Kirbs' that you can hang your hat on, since he can't win anything with that talent once he gets it on campus.
Yeah, I don’t think so. If I brought it up it was in response to someone praying we ran out of players.

Sorry, bud but you need to read this board more and listen to your fanbase. One dude was on here immediately calling Newman an upgrade. Pulled stats from some other UGA board claiming there’s a 10% improvement of Newman over Fromm. The fact that you just called Newman “proven” is a testament to inflating this guy. You may not be calling him a second round QB like some of your base but the narrative is out there this guy will deliver. But he couldn’t deliver at Wake. Take it from someone in ACC Land, our defenses suck. Newman struggled running a wide open offense against weak opponents other than Clemson. He was benched for a reason.

Fair points everywhere else. I guess he’s hoping these pro style guys have just enough wheels to keep defenses honest. Personally I’d be concerned about the consistency because it looks like star chasing. Again, take it from someone who’s seen his team do just that and it not turn out well.
I can’t speak for the others on here and haven’t been paying too much attention to what “everyone” has been saying. I’m just happy that he has the guts to make changes at this point. What does he have to lose? The defense is going to keep us in most every game even with a bad offense. He saw where we were struggling and decided to make changes. If it works, he’ll win a title. If it doesn’t, you all will still think he’s a terrible coach.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg

Tomayto-Tamahto...experienced would have been a better word for him.

Vandagriff committed today so yeah.....Beck in the portal next. but it won't happened till 2021. Beck will be given a chance this spring but it's probably Newman's job to lose.....then Vandagriff's.

Which will send this year's 4 star to the portal, because he will have no shot at starting. You really don't see it, do you? It's not the recruiting. It's the roster. Your recruiting is an A, but your roster, after the early NFL entries and the transfers, is a C+.

Which will send this year's 4 star to the portal, because he will have no shot at starting. You really don't see it, do you? It's not the recruiting. It's the roster. Your recruiting is an A, but your roster, after the early NFL entries and the transfers, is a C+.
So don’t recruit blue chippers then? Who else is doing that? Do none of you remember when Bama was doing this very thing? Tons of transfers and eventually they had to settle on Jake Coker, a transfer from FSU. Bama is all about signing 5 stars and let them battle for playing time. Transfers are part of that. If they want to come, do you say no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT