ADVERTISEMENT

LOL UGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey they have a 3rd recruiting title coming...I'm just wondering is it a trophy or like a wrestling championship belt? Where is that UGA fan when we need him?

download_zpscsnp8nfo.jpg

This was the year! Who was the Dawg poster that predicted they’d win all their games this year by double digits? Was that the one with the hound dog avatar?
Where is that guy? About 4-5 of them guaranteed a natty this year, but most of them disappeared after the SC loss.

Paul Finebaum believes there is a bit of a cultural problem at UGA right now.
WHAT CULTURE?!!! That is precisely their problem. They have none. It is a school and sports program that is best summed up by the fact that I have witnessed grown men (as in this has happened more than once) get down on their hands and knees and imitate a dog peeing on your car tire in Jax by lifting their leg. There was a picture in the 80's floating around of an actual UGA fan who dropped trousers and DID do the dog pee on a gator vehicle's tire.

They are an absolute joke of an education system. Anyone from that state who wants their kids to be able to at least spell their names correctly after 4 years sends their kids to Georgia Tech.
They brag like they are the blue bloods of the SEC that are right up there alongside Tennessee and Alabama, even though they've won 1 national title in Football and fewer SEC championships in all sports than any other SEC East program short of the newcomers.
Their fans act like they have a 10,000 year winning streak against us just because Kirby has won 3 in a row while we've been recovering from our worst decade since before WW2.
They award themselves rings for recruiting national titles in football. No other program does that. No other program prints up Tshirts for their fans to wear bragging about that fact.
They're located in Georgia. God hates Georgia. That should be enough of a clue to you as it is but then again no UGLY graduates are actually capable of reading the bible so....
Inevitably, losing Fromm will be an UPGRADE for them, just like losing Coley to UT was an UPGRADE. All the other players leaving early is actually going to benefit them as well somehow or another if you listen to their fans.

So fill me in.... I love laughing at UGA. People leaving thru portal or decomits? Was Kirby being racist again?

Reactions: fsumc
Offense is decimated. But Coley is still there, so...

Where's IraqDoggie at? He swore up and down that UGa had everybody coming back and was guaranteed elite status next year. Interested to see if he still feels that way. At least 7 starters gone from the offense, and what, 4 or 5 gone from the defense? Lotta turnover...

I don't think there's a culture problem there at all. You have a ton of kids who gave 2-3 years to a program that were promised national championships back to back to back. The glaring loss to LSU pretty much showed them just how far away from that they still really are so those that could, cut bait and ran for the money. Those Maybelline contracts are VERY lucrative and I do not begrudge Jake Fromm one bit for jumping for the money. Losing his whole O line could get him hurt next year for crying out loud. Transfer portal is a B but that is the reality when you have so much blue chip talent stacked up on your team and a lot of them are standing on the sidelines not getting to play. It's not going to take these kids and the instant-gratification lifestyle these millennials lead very long before they move on to find a team that they can build their NFL resume at.

And let's face it, at the end of the day, that's what all these 4 and 5* players were sold who signed with Kirby, a good shot at the NFL. If it's a 4th chance in a row for a national title finally vs a covergirl sponsorship, that's no contest to your average Georgia player IMHO and I don't blame them.

Not a culture thing at all, it's what you get after having too much talent on your sidelines and not winning anything for 4 straight years.

Reactions: NavigatorII
I don't think there's a culture problem there at all. You have a ton of kids who gave 2-3 years to a program that were promised national championships back to back to back. The glaring loss to LSU pretty much showed them just how far away from that they still really are so those that could, cut bait and ran for the money. Those Maybelline contracts are VERY lucrative and I do not begrudge Jake Fromm one bit for jumping for the money. Losing his whole O line could get him hurt next year for crying out loud. Transfer portal is a B but that is the reality when you have so much blue chip talent stacked up on your team and a lot of them are standing on the sidelines not getting to play. It's not going to take these kids and the instant-gratification lifestyle these millennials lead very long before they move on to find a team that they can build their NFL resume at.

And let's face it, at the end of the day, that's what all these 4 and 5* players were sold who signed with Kirby, a good shot at the NFL. If it's a 4th chance in a row for a national title finally vs a covergirl sponsorship, that's no contest to your average Georgia player IMHO and I don't blame them.

Not a culture thing at all, it's what you get after having too much talent on your sidelines and not winning anything for 4 straight years.
That might count as a cultural problem. Too many highly ranked kids not getting playing time will probably result in them looking elsewhere. I really don’t think you can blame them, or uga for that matter. Of course you want to stack your roster with as many blue chips as possible, and of course if you’re a highly ranked kid you’re going to want to see the field. I can see both sides there. Why it doesn’t happen at bama or Clemson or Ohio st might be the real key to sustaining success

That might count as a cultural problem. Too many highly ranked kids not getting playing time will probably result in them looking elsewhere. I really don’t think you can blame them, or uga for that matter. Of course you want to stack your roster with as many blue chips as possible, and of course if you’re a highly ranked kid you’re going to want to see the field. I can see both sides there.

Why it doesn’t happen at bama or Clemson or Ohio st might be the real key to sustaining success

ih8f$u,

Well said !

How the coaches at those three schools keep talented kids around when not starting is something I hope Dan Mullen already knows !

Finally found the article that talks about how Mullen handles special teams which is one of the primary ways to keep Blue Chip Players interested & waiting for their turn to start.

It also helps win games ! LOL

Florida coach Dan Mullen has made the point repeatedly that special teams is more important than offense or defense. Special teams players eat first at team meals and get other perks for their participation there.

The Gators use prominent players on just about every special teams unit, and Mullen has tried to stress that you earn your way onto the field on offense or defense once you make an impact on special teams.

On a kickoff return for Charleston Southern in the third quarter, running back Dameon Pierce flew down the field and put a massive shot on Buccaneers running back Taz Lindsey to drop him at the 12-yard line.

Mullen immediately went over to running backs coach Greg Knox to tell him to put Pierce in the game on the next offensive series.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...portant-two-blocked-kicks-in-debut-121326211/

https://www.alligator.org/sports/an...cle_4e4e1b9e-b810-11e9-8dd6-97312f712eec.html

superdawg51,

Damn It ! You may be correct ! Newman looks good !

Wake Forest was 4-4 in the ACC; 8-5 overall; losing to Michigan State in the Pinstripe Bowl.

"...Newman passed for 2,868 yards and 26 touchdowns with 11 interceptions in his 2019 season at Wake Forest. He also ran for 574 yards and six touchdowns.
https://uga.rivals.com/news/qb-jamie-newman-knows-his-next-stop

The verbiage below is really deep, so put on your hip waders before reading !

IMO, Brent & UGA forgot a few small things -
  • SECCG & getting blown out by LSU,
  • Oklahoma made the CFP - but they too got blown out by LSU.
  • Oklahoma has had two Grad Transfer QB win the Heisman
  • Wake Forest plays in the ACC
Other than that, a very insightful article if you bark like a Dawg.

Brent: "This is basically like the NFL's supplemental draft for Georgia, and they have the number one pick. Yes, Oregon and Oklahoma might have open quarterback spots and the Sooners especially have had success with graduate transfer quarterbacks (NOTE: Two Heisman Trophy winners), but those teams have not really proven themselves deep enough to make it to the college football playoff (Oregon) or have the defensive horses to truly compete at the highest level (Oklahoma 4 CFP appearances).

Thus, the Bulldogs' combination of talented, though somewhat inexperienced, returning offensive personnel (scored 10 points against LSU in SECCG), a dominant defense (held LSU to 37 points in SECCG), recent success and the ability for a quarterback to show what they can do in the SEC offers the best situation on the graduate transfer market."
https://uga.rivals.com/news/film-don-t-lie-grad-transfer-qb-s

Last edited:
Huh? For real? A Wake Forest QB? Check his stats from this year. Not really that impressive. So going from Fromm to Newman is an upgrade? That homerism at its finest.
They’re not bad at all. Almost 3k yards through with 26 passing td’s, and nearly 600 yards on the ground with 6 rushing td’s. He should’ve went somewhere like Oregon though. They would know how to utilize his talents much better than Kirby. Trust me, the game against UGA will be much harder with him at qb, than facing whoever their second string is currently. This pickup will also more than likely solidify UGA as the favorite (from a media perspective) to win the East this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT