ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields

FWIW. Wishfull thinking or real, who knows

This is from heismangator who is supposedly good friends with Dameyune Craig:

FSU Camp
12:56 PMLast edited 12:56 PMby heismangator
(3 votes)
We had a few young kids from Maclay high school attend the FSU camp yesterday. I was able to attend the camp for about an hour and half with Maclay's football coach. What i saw, heard and gathered from the camp:

Fields was very impressive in person, first time i have seen him and he really has that " IT" factor. HE is going to be that next once every 10 year QB imo. To say the kid did not have a good time is an understatement. Sometimes kids do not jive with the coaches, Justin being coached by DC and Jimbo did not have a connection whatsoever. I asked a few others standing around if they felt and saw this also and they did. I had the chance to meetup up with 2 fsu coaches for happy hour last night, both conceded they are not getting Justin Fields and need to move on. I think one thing that noticeably took the relationship south was comments made by Jimbo about Florida and Coach Mac. Negative recruiting happens and we all know that. But the personal attack on Florida, and what he said about Mac and his future in Gainesville seemed to really disgust Fields and hit a nerve. Once that happened the kid totally shut down and went about his business. I was not there but Coach Ramer ( Maclay Coach) did text me and say Fields left rather promptly without having discussions with DC or Jimbo.

I still firmly believe he ends up a Gator in the end and DC said so much when we left Andrews last night. Thought I would pass this on having been there, spoken to high school coaches that were there, and 2 fsu coaches who firmly stated they do not think get him and need to move on.

FSU Camp
(3 votes)
We had a few young kids from Maclay high school attend the FSU camp yesterday. I was able to attend the camp for about an hour and half with Maclay's football coach. What i saw, heard and gathered from the camp:

Fields was very impressive in person, first time i have seen him and he really has that " IT" factor. HE is going to be that next once every 10 year QB imo. To say the kid did not have a good time is an understatement. Sometimes kids do not jive with the coaches, Justin being coached by DC and Jimbo did not have a connection whatsoever. I asked a few others standing around if they felt and saw this also and they did. I had the chance to meetup up with 2 fsu coaches for happy hour last night, both conceded they are not getting Justin Fields and need to move on. I think one thing that noticeably took the relationship south was comments made by Jimbo about Florida and Coach Mac. Negative recruiting happens and we all know that. But the personal attack on Florida, and what he said about Mac and his future in Gainesville seemed to really disgust Fields and hit a nerve. Once that happened the kid totally shut down and went about his business. I was not there but Coach Ramer ( Maclay Coach) did text me and say Fields left rather promptly without having discussions with DC or Jimbo.

I still firmly believe he ends up a Gator in the end and DC said so much when we left Andrews last night. Thought I would pass this on having been there, spoken to high school coaches that were there, and 2 fsu coaches who firmly stated they do not think get him and need to move on.

I think we have a good shot Because we are starting a grad transfer this year and obviously our job will be wide open next year. The one aside to that is our on-field performance this year and how much heat Mac and Nuss take.

Our pluses are a bunch of young offensive talent combined with no clear QB of the future. This kid could come in and change the trajectory of UF football quickly.

Or you can believe Insta that we only want this kid for the 5* PR.....lol

Reactions: 46885

FSU Camp
(3 votes)

This seems like bs to me. Just about all kids enjoy visits to all schools even if they dont sign with a school. Why wouldn't they enjoy it? Schools do everything in their power to impress these recruits

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I think we have a good shot Because we are starting a grad transfer this year and obviously our job will be wide open next year. The one aside to that is our on-field performance this year and how much heat Mac and Nuss take.

Our pluses are a bunch of young offensive talent combined with no clear QB of the future. This kid could come in and change the trajectory of UF football quickly.

This doesn't necessarily give Florida an advantage. Auburn will have Jarret Stidham at quarterback this year. He was a five star quarterback himself coming out of high school.

Stidham is also eligible to turn pro after this year and some people are already projecting him as a first round pick in next year's draft. That would open up Auburn's quarterback position.

As already has been mentioned in this thread, Fields grew up an Auburn fan because he idiolizes Cam Newton. He plays on a 7 on 7 football team that is sponsored by and partially coached by Cam

This doesn't necessarily give Florida an advantage. Auburn will have Jarret Stidham at quarterback this year. He was a five star quarterback himself coming out of high school.

Stidham is also eligible to turn pro after this year and some people are already projecting him as a first round pick in next year's draft. That would open up Auburn's quarterback position.

As already has been mentioned in this thread, Fields grew up an Auburn fan because he idiolizes Cam Newton. He plays on a 7 on 7 football team that is sponsored by and partially coached by Cam

If Zaire works out it will probably be us or Auburn who get Fields imo.

FSU Camp
(3 votes)

Don't buy anyone of this. Dozens of recruits in the past have said we don't negatively recruit as much as others and I doubt Jimbo is doing it now. No need to do it this early. Fields said Jimbo helped him while at camp. We're in the hunt.

"It was good, being able to throw in front of coach Fisher and getting to learn from him," Fields told Noles247 after camp ended. "He talked about how he can develop me into becoming a great quarterback. He really knows what he's talking about. Right when he told me to do something it made my throws better."

Last edited:
Without a doubt we have a shot becuz of Jimbo but its not like im expecting it or anything but i wouldnt be surprised either. 18 yr olds are very impressionable. They change their minds constantly

FSU just offered QB Will Levis , he camped at FSU yesterday.

FSU coaches are not confident Fields will sign with them. They know they are behind some other schools right now.

Reactions: Michi-Gator
Levis has good film and he impressed in person.

Jimbo isn't dumb in recruiting QBs. He knows how it works and has fall back options but he's not out of it with Fields.

He knows out of the four schools he has the best results and is the best coach. He won't let him forget it.

Missed the ?? in my post about Fields I see. Not the 1st thing that you've missed out on in life I'm guessing??????????????? :rolleyes:

Mike White - B-2-B 20+ win seasons, 2016 SEC CoY, Finalist for Natl. CoY
2015 21-15 (.583 - NIT) -- 2016 27-9 (.750 - Elite-8)
2017 ESPN #9 Recruiting Class (4) with 3 Top 100's.

Jim McElwain - B-2-B SECe-C, 2015 SEC CoY
2015 10-4 -- 2016 9-4 (10-4 without the Hurricane cancellation)
2016 Outback Bowl UF 30 - 3 Iowa
2017 Rivals #9 Recruiting Class (23)

Mc's current 'no cause' buy-out would be 2.5 Mill x 6 = 15 Million

(Or you can believe clueless Michi that Mc is on a pre-fire hot seat) :cool:

~ Both Mc & White have now received raises and contract extensions from the AD/UAA..

Missed the ?? in my post about Fields I see. Not the 1st thing that you've missed out on in life I'm guessing??????????????? :rolleyes:

Mike White - B-2-B 20+ win seasons, 2016 SEC CoY, Finalist for Natl. CoY
2015 21-15 (.583 - NIT) -- 2016 27-9 (.750 - Elite-8)
2017 ESPN #9 Recruiting Class (4) with 3 Top 100's.

Jim McElwain - B-2-B SECe-C, 2015 SEC CoY
2015 10-4 -- 2016 9-4 (10-4 without the Hurricane cancellation)
2016 Outback Bowl UF 30 - 3 Iowa
2017 Rivals #9 Recruiting Class (23)

Mc's current 'no cause' buy-out would be 2.5 Mill x 6 = 15 Million

(Or you can believe clueless Michi that Mc is on a pre-fire hot seat) :cool:

~ Both Mc & White have now received raises and contract extensions from the AD/UAA..

In his carrer against ranked teams Mac is 1-6 (.143). I don't G-a-S what $ numbers are there, if he doesn't start beating good teams, most noticibly F$U, he won't be here long. My guess is if we fail to beat anyone this year Nuss is canned and the '18 becomes the year Mac is coaching for his job. He skated by with two seasons of decent records only to get beat by all good teams on the schedule, thats over. Time to play with the schools that are actually good. We come out and suck it up v Michigan things will flip in a hurry. Chump got extensions all the time too. You wanna see real heat, lose to USCe and Satan will be cool compared to Mac

And the whole world revolves around Michi's guesses.... :D:D:D

Sorry, but I'll just go by the Gator AD and let the clueless guess away with their delusional mind set....

"Both Coach Mc and Coach White have done a phenomenal job of leading our programs and we are looking forward to having them lead the Gators for years to come," UF AD Scott Stricklin said. "As much as both have won games and provided a lot of great memories for our fans and stability for the programs they lead, they have both had a huge impact on the development and personal growth of the athletes they coach."

McElwain's new deal is a six-year, $26.9 million pact and will take him through the 2022 season. In his second season with the Gators, McElwain guided the team to a 9-4 record in 2016, a second straight SEC East crown and berth in the SEC Championship Game, then capped the campaign with a 30-3 blowout of Iowa in the Outback Bowl at Tampa. McElwain is 19-8 win his two UF seasons, including a 13-3 mark in regular-season SEC play. His raise is the second in as many years and averages $4.48 million per season, up from his previous $4.16 average.

The contracts take into account base pay, media and television responsibilities, licensing fees, expense accounts, pension, retention bonuses and incentive clauses. For McElwain, the latter includes reaching the SEC title game, qualifying for a bowl, a top-10 finish and any coach-of-the- year honors. The maximum bonus potential for McElwain is $825,000.

The Gator AD is aware of this, http://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=649&path=football
which is why he doesn't go by a clueless Michi guess... ;)

So Mac is a genius when you want him to be, like now. But he's an idiot when he decides to not play Trask and should keep a real estate agent handy. Oh what tangled webs we weave.

The reality here is FSU doesn't need this type of kid, and we have to have one.. They would just be stockpiling a few more toys, Gators staff has to land a big time QB and they know it..

In his carrer against ranked teams Mac is 1-6 (.143). I don't G-a-S what $ numbers are there, if he doesn't start beating good teams, most noticibly F$U, he won't be here long. My guess is if we fail to beat anyone this year Nuss is canned and the '18 becomes the year Mac is coaching for his job. He skated by with two seasons of decent records only to get beat by all good teams on the schedule, thats over. Time to play with the schools that are actually good. We come out and suck it up v Michigan things will flip in a hurry. Chump got extensions all the time too. You wanna see real heat, lose to USCe and Satan will be cool compared to Mac

As I said this past offseason, Mac will be around at least two more seasons. This one for certain. If this season regresses THEN the hot seat kicks in and he needs to show marked improvement in '18. If '17 shows a considerable improvement on offense with the record being close to the same then he could be your guy for the long haul.

FSU just offered QB Will Levis , he camped at FSU yesterday.

FSU coaches are not confident Fields will sign with them. They know they are behind some other schools right now.

Jimbo is in a fortunate position to give out committable offers and 'hang on just a second' offers. FSU does not take commitments from some kids right away. Both sides understand how it works. Fields is a type of kid that is welcome to commit at any time. Others, need to wait for the green light or move on to other schools.

Now yawl can kiss each other to complete the tough guys rag on me... (your usual contribution to a thread)

as the usual morons take yet another thread down into their mindless dumpster....

U asked if i graduated or if i was a sidewalk fan. So i im a fan who buys season tix and goes to all the games. Have for awhile. Even tho i live in Texas. I dont really care if ur his dad. You still dont know what he is thinking, he is a teenager. U coming here acting like u know everything when u CLEARLY no nothing. Also, if Cook finds some place else, good for him. Hope he finds the best place for him. If thats fsu, im even happier. NEWS FLASH. TEENAGERS CHANGE THEIR MINDS ALL THE TIME AND ARE VERY IMPULSIVE. So nothing in recruiting shocks me. I always laff at the complete buffoons who think they can read a teenagers mind. Even some of the best receuiting analyst who get to talk to the kids and its their job to know are wrong at least half of the time but u want me to take ur word as the bible on recruiting this kid. I think not. Ur not important, u have no clue but i no it makes u feel better so carry on with ur bad self

Regardless of what kind of fan you happen to be, FSU is out of it for JF, Jimbo spent too much time telling him about the negatives of attending UF, UGA or AU and not enough time about the positives of attending FSU. He didn't care for the approach and removed them from his list of choices. Apparently he didn't think FSU had much to offer if all Jimbo could do was try to tear down other programs.. Laugh all you want, I am not reading a teenager's mind, I am listening to his words, maybe he isn't telling me the truth, but I have no reason to think he isn't. No I am not important to anyone, I just happen to live in a certain location and been able to have conversations with kids, one who happens to be an elite qb prospect now. I don't know where he is going, I just know where he isn't.

Regardless of what kind of fan you happen to be, FSU is out of it for JF, Jimbo spent too much time telling him about the negatives of attending UF, UGA or AU and not enough time about the positives of attending FSU. He didn't care for the approach and removed them from his list of choices. Apparently he didn't think FSU had much to offer if all Jimbo could do was try to tear down other programs.. Laugh all you want, I am not reading a teenager's mind, I am listening to his words, maybe he isn't telling me the truth, but I have no reason to think he isn't. No I am not important to anyone, I just happen to live in a certain location and been able to have conversations with kids, one who happens to be an elite qb prospect now. I don't know where he is going, I just know where he isn't.
Several people have reported this very thing.

BTW, I should probably change my moniker to be GrumpyoldGator

As I said this past offseason, Mac will be around at least two more seasons. This one for certain. If this season regresses THEN the hot seat kicks in and he needs to show marked improvement in '18. If '17 shows a considerable improvement on offense with the record being close to the same then he could be your guy for the long haul.

If we get drubbed by Michigan he will begin to feel some pressure. I also agree the likelihood is he makes it to '18. But if we don't field an offense and compete with FSU, you are moronic to think he isn't coaching for his job in '18.

And no one, other than Meyer, Saban or Harbaugh is anyone's guy 'for the long haul'. It doesn't work that way, you are constantly having to coach for your job.

I dont believe that at all. Jimbo has never once been accused of negative recruiting. Jimbo prolly told him, move to receiver or get lost. Kids ego is too big. Bust

If we get drubbed by Michigan he will begin to feel some pressure. I also agree the likelihood is he makes it to '18. But if we don't field an offense and compete with FSU, you are moronic to think he isn't coaching for his job in '18.

And no one, other than Meyer, Saban or Harbaugh is anyone's guy 'for the long haul'. It doesn't work that way, you are constantly having to coach for your job.

Kelly likes Mac. He defends Mac like Mac is his child. When rivals like your coach, well...

FSU is 4th, maybe even 5th in the recruitment of Fields. They are behind UGA, Auburn and UF.

They might be behind UF but after that I think you prove, yet again, you aren't credible. UF is attractive to him because you could probably start at QB there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT