ADVERTISEMENT

Musicians vs. Trump

The 70's and 80's were my wheel house too but both had really good and really bad music. I could easily post terrible songs from each decade. Early 90's had some really great stuff, after that I pretty much tuned out. As for these artists that don't want their music played it just shows again how libs are big babies. Trump should play the Ramones, the great Johnny Ramone was a huge conservative, loved Reagan and at their R&R HOF ceremony he pissed everyone in the crowd off by saying "God Bless President Bush and God Bless America" and didn't give a fck haha. He'd have loved Trump. His autobiography is great too for anyone interested.

OIP.VMeHyS36ma2LlFrC_Pc2cgHaHQ
Johnny and Joey Ramone did not agree politically at all, they had some heated exchanges about it I understand ...

Johnny and Joey Ramone did not agree politically at all, they had some heated exchanges about it I understand ...

Oh yeah, Joey was a typical NYC Jewish lib. They did butt heads about stuff especially when Joey's GF Linda who he totally loved dumped him for Johnny. He never got over it. Johnny and her were together until Johnny died. She's dead now too. Their long time tour manager Monte Melnick has a great book about their tours, highly recommend, stories are hilarious. Joey also had terrible OCD. They'd be leaving on a tour and would have to go up to Joey's apt in NYC and physically pull him out of it because he had a routine of touching damn near everything in his apt the same order, same number of times before he left it and it would take him so long because if he messed up he had to start all over from the beginning. The whole band would be in a Van waiting on him and would finally get pissed and go drag him out haha.

94d58c49885eab1e1ddc1b942839ab51.png

Reactions: FresnoGator
Oh yeah, Joey was a typical NYC Jewish lib. They did butt heads about stuff especially when Joey's GF Linda who he totally loved dumped him for Johnny. He never got over it. Johnny and her were together until Johnny died. She's dead now too. Their long time tour manager Monte Melnick has a great book about their tours, highly recommend, stories are hilarious. Joey also had terrible OCD. They'd be leaving on a tour and would have to go up to Joey's apt in NYC and physically pull him out of it because he had a routine of touching damn near everything in his apt the same order, same number of times before he left it and it would take him so long because if he messed up he had to start all over from the beginning. The whole band would be in a Van waiting on him and would finally get pissed and go drag him out haha.

94d58c49885eab1e1ddc1b942839ab51.png
Saw them 4x, once at CBGB (the whole place was like an old movie theater floor, where you stick to anything you touch), Once at Brandeis University crowd of about 400, I was right up front, and once at a theme park great adventure in New Jersey, went to see them with some buddies instead of going to my senior prom, since there was no one in particular I wanted to take. Fourth time was also at a small club. Man were they fun!

Saw them 4x, once at CBGB (the whole place was like an old movie theater floor, where you stick to anything you touch), Once at Brandeis University crowd of about 400, I was right up front, and once at a theme park great adventure in New Jersey, went to see them with some buddies instead of going to my senior prom, since there was no one in particular I wanted to take. Fourth time was also at a small club. Man were they fun!

Yeah, they were unlike anything else when they came out. Rapid fire song after song...I saw them a few times, in late 70's New Orleans at the little theater on Tulane's campus, they played the Bandshell on Halloween in I think '83, 2 or 3 more times in the 80's in Dallas at the Arcadia (another old great little theater, I loved that place). Man I miss the late 70's - 80's. They were so influential too. They should have been huge. Only college radio would play them.

Reactions: FresnoGator
that's true, it's not equivalent, but has it happened even once? i never said it was equal, now answer the question ...
Here you go. Took all of about 5 minutes to find one. Although there are a lot more about republicans, which should be expected given the political makeup of musicians. So my answer is yes.

Song: "Hold On I'm Coming"
Politician: Barack Obama
Outcome: Democrats have been asked to stop playing music as well. In 2008, Sam Moore of Sam & Dave asked Obama to refrain from playing his "Hold On I'm Coming" for fear it would look like the singer had endorsed the candidate. The Obama campaign agreed to stop.

Here you go. Took all of about 5 minutes to find one. Although there are a lot more about republicans, which should be expected given the political makeup of musicians. So my answer is yes.

Song: "Hold On I'm Coming"
Politician: Barack Obama
Outcome: Democrats have been asked to stop playing music as well. In 2008, Sam Moore of Sam & Dave asked Obama to refrain from playing his "Hold On I'm Coming" for fear it would look like the singer had endorsed the candidate. The Obama campaign agreed to stop.
Thank you. So there is one ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT