ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Department Offers Scathing Response to Trump: ‘Those Records Do Not Belong to Him’

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
Say what!?!?

Justice Department Offers Scathing Response to Trump: ‘Those Records Do Not Belong to Him’
Jose Pagliery
Tue, August 30, 2022 at 11:50 PM

donald-trump.jpg

The Justice Department came out swinging against former President Donald Trump late Tuesday night, in a scathing court filing to block him from getting his stuff back from the Mar-a-Lago search by stating flatly that “those records do not belong to him.”

In the 36-page document, the DOJ argued that Trump lacks any ability to even ask for a federal judge to step in and oversee the seizure of sensitive documents that were kept unsecured at Trump’s oceanfront mansion in South Florida.

The DOJ also revealed why Trump is being investigated for violating a federal law that prohibits destroying government records, cited as 18 U.S. Code § 2071. Federal prosecutors claim that recovered documents showed that “certain pages of presidential records had been torn up,” a crime that pivotally bars anyone from ever again holding a political office in the United States.

Trump, represented by a team of defense attorneys who have been criticized for their ineptitude, waited a whopping two weeks after the FBI raid at his Palm Beach estate to sue and ask for a judge to appoint a “special master” to oversee federal agents’ handling of the records they seized. On Tuesday night, the DOJ responded by arguing that the Presidential Records Act “makes clear” that the government “has complete ownership, possession, and control” of those documents and the former president can’t just ask for them back—or dictate how they should be handled.

Trump is currently under investigation by the FBI for putting the nation’s security at risk by mishandling “top secret” government records. For more than a year, his office had been in negotiations with the National Archives over the way he took more than a dozen boxes of presidential records from the White House to his private estate instead of turning them over to the nation’s archivists for proper preservation. In recent days, the looming threat of an unprecedented prosecution of a former president has prompted his allies—even prominent Republicans like Sen. Lindsey Graham—to threaten nationwide violence and even civil war.

Trump sued the federal government in South Florida federal court, and U.S. District Judge Aileen Mercedes Cannon asked the DOJ to respond, hence Tuesday’s filing.

The scathing arguments laid out in the court filing—signed by top Miami federal prosecutor Juan Antonio Gonzalez and Jay I. Bratt, chief of the DOJ National Security Division’s counterintelligence and export control section—take the most aggressive tone by the DOJ yet against the former president. From the get-go, it counters the disinformation and politicizing that Trump has engaged in through public statements on social media that also bled into his lawsuit, with the DOJ saying that it would provide “a detailed recitation of the relevant facts, many of which are provided to correct the incomplete and inaccurate narrative.”

For example, Trump and his lieutenants—such as former White House aide Kash Patel—have argued that he had already declassified mountains of records, thus eliminating any accusation that such records were sensitive or improperly handled. On Tuesday, the DOJ revealed that Trump’s lawyers never even mentioned that any of the documents in the 15 boxes Trump turned over to the National Archives in January 2022 were declassified.

Hmm.

"Federal prosecutors claim that recovered documents showed that “certain pages of presidential records had been torn up,” a crime that pivotally bars anyone from ever again holding a political office in the United States."

I'll spell it out for you. They are trying to find any reason to disqualify Trump from running again. They don't care about the classification or nuclear secrets, all they need is a document that's torn that meets the letter of the law.

I think this will backfire. Disqualify Trump and the Deplorables will rise up in fury and vote for whoever the GOP puts on the ticket. My dog could be President if this happens.

Anyone that thinks the Democrats don't fear Trump is delusional.

I'll spell it out for you. They are trying to find any reason to disqualify Trump from running again. They don't care about the classification or nuclear secrets, all they need is a document that's torn that meets the letter of the law.

I think this will backfire. Disqualify Trump and the Deplorables will rise up in fury and vote for whoever the GOP puts on the ticket. My dog could be President if this happens.

Anyone that thinks the Democrats don't fear Trump is delusional.

Is destroying documents disqualifying?

Did someone make trump destroy documents?
Why did he destroy them?

16isa0.jpg

Good to know mall cop "law enforcement" in Alabama doesn't believe in the rule of law

Oh cool, I'm a mall cop again.

We were discussing you missing a very specific point. In no way does that infer that I don't believe in the rule of law. Try to keep up princess.

Reactions: jfegaly
You never been anything else jackass... 🤣

Yea...but you only say it when your feelings get hurt. You're stubborn, not stupid...that's why even 30 years wouldn't help.

That's probably not true btw...you'll likely mature a great deal in the next 10 years or so.

So you're in favor of prosecuting trump if he destroyed documents?

I'm for the equal application of the law. So sure, if that's what we're going to start doing, so long as it applies to EVERYONE, and assuming that guilt can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, absolutely fine with it.

But this partisan application of the law? No son...that won't do.

In my mall it doesn't matter if you're a dem or a pub...if you're loitering, I'll politely request for you to purchase something or leave. I don't fool around...I'll Paul Blart the sh1t out of you.

Yea...but you only say it when your feelings get hurt. You're stubborn, not stupid...that's why even 30 years wouldn't help.

That's probably not true btw...you'll likely mature a great deal in the next 10 years or so.

Getting tired of staking out the Sears end of the mall?

I'm for the equal application of the law. So sure, if that's what we're going to start doing, so long as it applies to EVERYONE, and assuming that guilt can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, absolutely fine with it.

But this partisan application of the law? No son...that won't do.

Name any other POTUS that destroyed documents

https://www.history.com/news/presidential-records-watergate-law-official-documents
How Presidential Records Became Public After Watergate
After President Nixon refused to release his secret tapes, Congress ruled that they were the government’s property, not his.
BECKY LITTLE UPDATED:OCT 16, 2018 ORIGINAL:JUN 12, 2018

In my mall it doesn't matter if you're a dem or a pub...if you're loitering, I'll politely request for you to purchase something or leave. I don't fool around...I'll Paul Blart the sh1t out of you.

Getting tired of staking out the Sears end of the mall?

Your meme was pretty funny. This was weak. Are there still Sears stores? And if so, are they in malls? Are malls even really a thing anymore?

Meh...better go with a donut joke instead. That's your wheelhouse, friend.

Name any other POTUS that destroyed documents

https://www.history.com/news/presidential-records-watergate-law-official-documents
How Presidential Records Became Public After Watergate
After President Nixon refused to release his secret tapes, Congress ruled that they were the government’s property, not his.
BECKY LITTLE UPDATED:OCT 16, 2018 ORIGINAL:JUN 12, 2018

Here's where you pretend to be a retard. And it's also an example of why taking you seriously is a complete waste of time. So yea....I don't.

Equal application of the law. I can copy and paste a wall of text explaining this concept to you if it would help. Which it absolutely would not do, of course.

Your meme was pretty funny. This was weak. Are there still Sears stores? And if so, are they in malls? Are malls even really a thing anymore?

Meh...better go with a donut joke instead. That's your wheelhouse, friend.

You know better than anyone else...you're assigned to protect them everyday

Here's where you pretend to be a retard. And it's also an example of why taking you seriously is a complete waste of time. So yea....I don't.

Equal application of the law. I can copy and paste a wall of text explaining this concept to you if it would help. Which it absolutely would not do, of course.

So, you're in favor of prosecuting trump if he stole & destroyed government documents per the law, right?

So then it doesn't have to do with fear...

trump stole the documents and was caught with them
Plenty of witnesses that he regularly destroyed documents

...it has to do with what trump did of his own free will

Just like any criminal

if trump had shut his mouth and returned the stolen property he wouldn't be facing a criminal prosecution right now

You know better than anyone else...you're assigned to protect them everyday

Meh...not your best work. Do better. If it's funny, I'll give you credit.

So, you're in favor of prosecuting trump if he stole & destroyed government documents per the law, right?

I'm for the equal application of the law. How much clearer can I be?

Picture a blindfolded woman, holding a scale in one hand and a sword in another. I'm for that.

Can't bring yourself to say it, huh? 🤣

No...it sounds like you only apply it to "certain" people...

Do you in your blind pursuit of justice usually allow suspects to lie to you?

6rrrps.jpg

So then it doesn't have to do with fear...

trump stole the documents and was caught with them
Plenty of witnesses that he regularly destroyed documents

...it has to do with what trump did of his own free will

Just like any criminal

if trump had shut his mouth and returned the stolen property he wouldn't be facing a criminal prosecution right now
It had everything to do with not wanting him to legally be able to run again.

The operative word is still IF.

We'll see. In court.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
For most people they don't have to wait for a criminal trial to disqualify someone for POTUS...there are other candidates who are just as if not more qualified

trumpanzees are the ones wrapped up in a cult of personality

Now we can all debate why that is...but its funny to see that your high bar for trump is that he hasn't been indicted [yet]

And the only reason that's been the case is he was exempted from indictment for 4 years. Other than those 4 years he's been indicted for racial discrimination (housing), committing a fraud (trump univ), illegally operating a charity (foundation) and committing fraud again for trump org

When he wasn't breaking the law...he's busy running his businesses into the ground

I'm speaking of your personal bar...

It seems you're all good if he isn't put on trial
Plenty of guilty people never even get indicted....let alone go to trial or jail

Funny how it wasnt a crime when Obuma kept thousands of records and destroyed what he wanted to keep private. Then he refused to return documents he wanted to keep that the NARA demanded be returned. The only difference is Obuma is a black democrat.

Last edited:
People who aren't convicted of a crime aren't guilty of anything.

This is America, not Russia or China.

No. Lots of people are not convicted of a crime are deemed guilty all of the time in America

Guilt (legal responsibility) occurs in both criminal and civil proceedings

The legal "bar" of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is a criminal legal standard

Guilt determined by a preponderance of the evidence is also a legal standard

Hasn't Alex Jones been found guilty by the preponderance standard?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ok-shooting-case-orders-him-to-pay-4-million/
Jury Finds Alex Jones Guilty of Defamation in Sandy Hook Shooting Case, Orders Him to Pay $4 Million

Funny how it wasnt a crime when Obuma kept thousands of records and destroyed what he wanted to keep private. Then he refused to return what documents he kept that the NARA demanded returned.

You haven't heard that you bought a fake story yet? 🤣

The only difference is Obuma is a black democrat.

Yeah...THAT...and the fact that the story you so willing swallowed is false 🤣

White grievance partisan self pity is a helluva drug

Notice, its always the other guy who is believing the fake story when it comes to the Pygmy? His media sites have been caught in multiple lies yet its always the other persons story that is fake. That is someone who doesnt want to know the truth and cant admit the truth.

Nothing false about the obuma story. It well known he took docs and didnt return them. So the NARA is believable and legit when they request docs from Trump, but not believable or legit when they request docs from obuma. A black democrat. That explains it right there.

Notice, its always the other guy who is believing the fake story when it comes to the Pygmy? His media sites have been caught in multiple lies yet its always the other persons story that is fake. That is someone who doesnt want to know the truth and cant admit the truth.

Nothing false about the obuma story. It well known he took docs and didnt return them. So the NARA is believable and legit when they request docs from Trump, but not believable or legit when they request docs from obuma. A black democrat. That explains it right there.

Who says NARA is not believable or legit...I mean besides the trumpanzees like you

No. Lots of people are not convicted of a crime are deemed guilty all of the time in America

Guilt (legal responsibility) occurs in both criminal and civil proceedings

The legal "bar" of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is a criminal legal standard

Guilt determined by a preponderance of the evidence is also a legal standard

Hasn't Alex Jones been found guilty by the preponderance standard?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ok-shooting-case-orders-him-to-pay-4-million/
Jury Finds Alex Jones Guilty of Defamation in Sandy Hook Shooting Case, Orders Him to Pay $4 Million
1. Alex Jones is a giant asshole and was found guilty by a judge.

2. What DJT is accused of is a crime. If he is found guilty, one of the punishments is the inability to run for office.

I don't give a crap if they find you over the dead body with the murder weapon in your hand covered in the victims blood while laughing maniacally. If a judge or a jury of your peers find you not guilty, that's the end of it.

You always talk about rule of law. Well, presumption of innocence is the cornerstone of our law, as is your day in court, face to face with your accusers.

As you pointed out he hadn't even been indicted of anything, but you say he's guilty.

As of right now we know what he's been accused of doing and what unsworn witnesses say he's done.

Means nothing until I hear a gavel and "guilty. "

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
1. Alex Jones is a giant asshole and was found guilty by a judge.

So contrary to what you said...
A person does not have to can be found GUILTY of a criminal offense to be guilty of something

2. What DJT is accused of is a crime. If he is found guilty, one of the punishments is the inability to run for office.

I don't give a crap if they find you over the dead body with the murder weapon in your hand covered in the victims blood while laughing maniacally. If a judge or a jury of your peers find you not guilty, that's the end of it.

Was that the end of it for OJ Simpson?
No. He was found guilty in the Goldman's civil case

You always talk about rule of law. Well, presumption of innocence is the cornerstone of our law, as is your day in court, face to face with your accusers.

Who's denying trump the presumption of innocence?
If he's indicted he'll have his day in court

As you pointed out he hadn't even been indicted of anything, but you say he's guilty.

Court of public opinion is very different than the court of law

Its still America,,,I have a right to have an opinion, right?

The difference between my opinion and the trumpanzees is that mine is based on actual facts and theirs is based on a misunderstanding of the facts, relevant laws, and general misstating comments by anyone critical of trump

As of right now we know what he's been accused of doing and what unsworn witnesses say he's done.

Its reasonable to speculate that some of the witnesses have actually sworn under oath. For example.. A trump lawyer in the trump org case has searched Mar-A-Lago

Think she may have seen something she didn't have security clearance to review?

6rtws6.jpg

Means nothing until I hear a gavel and "guilty. "

So we're back to square 1

Your personal bar for running for president is pretty low
Just so long as he isn't a convicted criminal seems good enough to you

But don't worry buttercup...nothing in the Constitution says you can't run for POTUS even if you're under indictment ...or even in jail

I would suspect that trump will challenge any law that restricts him for the office of the presidency based on the Constitutional sparse requirements

Which will still make him a viable candidate in the eyes of the real diehard trumpanzees

My question will you go that route also?

Last edited:
No...it sounds like you only apply it to "certain" people...

And you got that from this?

I'm for the equal application of the law. How much clearer can I be?

Seriously...is there something wrong with you that we should know about? Something chromosomal perhaps?

Do you in your blind pursuit of justice usually allow suspects to lie to you?

Allow them? Almost no one tells us the truth, goofball. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT