ADVERTISEMENT

It's over: Even the 'fact-checkers' won't defend Hiden anymore

The slippery slope, incrementalism. Drip, drip, drip, slow erosion of a Constitutional right. Full disclosure, I only have two guns, both shotguns. But I've considered getting a CCP and gun to keep under my seat. Too damn many crazies running in the streets, I'm getting older and a firearm properly aimed is the great equalizer.
I NEVER, EVER do not have a gun in my pocket for the same reason(unless I am in my boat) I am 60 now, and can no longer handle physical situations like I could. I actually got mine when Hussein was president, because he was INVITING attacks from ISIS, and my social media looks very much like my posts here. I leave no stone unturned. When he was coddling muslim terrorists...I was calling them out LOUDLY. I actually was worried I would be targeted. And I am OK with that....I am read still to this day. I gun not on your body where you can get to it 100% of the time is near worthless to me.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Shall not infringe is 3 words. ;) I know you aren't a leftie but you are on the wrong side of this argument. You live in Duval County and think you don't need a gun? :oops:
Shall not be infringed, right?

I don't really go anywhere where I think I need to carry. It's probably best I don't....other drivers can be very annoying.

WHAT COLOR IS THAT LIGHT? BLAM! BLAM! :)

I don't really go anywhere where I think I need to carry. It's probably best I don't....other drivers can be very annoying.

Don’t ever go to Alaska as a tourist then. They give tourists bear bells to carry. Not to scare away bears, but to identify the tourist in the poop

Even JTB has become an insane asylum. There are people who use their vehicles as assault weapons! :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: jfegaly

So this is funny..not funny. When I was younger...I had MUCH more of a temper, and for that reason( and I believed I could whip any two or three men) I did not carry a gun. Two things happened. I got older, and lost that ability...and at the SAME time..my temper lessoned. So if you see me out anywhere other when I am in a swim suit in my boat...I am carrying.

I have had only two times in my life that I considered pulling a gun out. I walk my dog between 3;30am and 4:00 am every day. We own 2 houses on our block, and when I was passing by our rental(her son lives there) a guy in a black hood was walking across the back yard VERY suspiciously. I walk a VERY fit 150 lb Rottie, have my gun in my pocket, and have a 1200 lumen surefire flashlight. I decided under the circumstances NOT to pull my gun out immediately, (but was ready) and just shine the flashlight in his eye's, and yell POLICE...stop! ( he was inside the back yard, I was in the street in the front yard)He did as I thought and took of running. Mission accomplished, no harm, no foul. Why I share this story is because this is the SECOND time in my life I have had a gun and could have made the choice to pull it out, and did not. I understand the consequences that come with actually having to use it. It is LAST resort for me. However if these was someone that put me, my family, or others around me in to imminent danger, I have NO PROBLEM doing so. The other time I was a 13 yr old kid, and someone was breaking in to our house. We owned a bar, and my Father taught me at a young age how to properly handle a gun. We kept LOADS of money in our house, as well as a small armory of guns. I could not see the person clearly, but could se ehis shadow through the sheer drapes. So my decision was to shoot through the door( A NO NO in my opinion,and from what I was taught) let him come in and THEN shoot him...or do as I did, and put the gun right up next to the window, and cock it. (where he could hear it) I did that...but all he did is put his face right up next to the window and try to peek in. When he did that, I crashed the butt of the gun through the window, and hit him in the face as hard as I could. He had a VERY bad day, ansd I got my azz chewed (for a few minutes only) for breaking the window. I did not want to shoot anyone I did not KNOW who it was. He ran away, and everything was AOK.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Would we be better off if criminals quit using guns? Well, duh! Guns are very effective. They can kill a lot of people quickly from a distance.

Nobody wants to disarm law-abiding people. Even if they took your 'assault' style guns you'd still have a ton of weapons from which to choose.

...shall not be infringed.

What do you think that means?

And obviously criminals will never stop using guns. NEVER....no matter what you do.

As for Beto's idea of confiscating them, are you willing to go door to door to confiscate all semiautomatic rifles? Good luck with that.

No, gun owners are not necessarily gun nuts.

I'd say if someone works 'shall not be infringed' into every gun conversation, they may qualify as a gun nut. :)

So I'm a gun nut? 😂

How many do you think I own? How many semiautomatic rifles do you think I own?

Maybe I'm just a nut for the constitution???

I support your choice...and respect the wisdom if you believe a gun could get you in trouble. That's wisdom in practice.

I personally would NEVER kill to protect my property. I just couldn't live with that. I would absolutely kill to protect human life. I just couldn't live with myself if I did not.

If you were able to magically eliminate all guns you would eliminate all gun crime. Yeah, people would still kill each other but it would be way more difficult. People use guns for crime for a reason.
I will never understand people like you.

You want to eliminate gun crime.

You should want to eliminate crime.

So, if Beto won and the constitution was changed to outlaw all firearms, you'd turn yours in?

If they managed to amend the constitution of the United States of America, absolutely. I swore to uphold and defend that document. Have you?

If the Constitution was amended to say you vote for Trump or go to jail, guess who you are voting for in 2024?
You don't want to answer my question?

I voted for Trump twice. If he was running against a democrat, I'd vote for him again.

That doesn't mean I don't recognize he has serious flaws.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
You don't want to answer my question?

I voted for Trump twice. If he was running against a democrat, I'd vote for him again.

That doesn't mean I don't recognize he has serious flaws.
Your question is irrelevant. If it's in the Constitution, we are ALL bound by it.

If the Constitution says you vote for Trump or go to jail, then those are your choices.

How is this confusing you?

Your question is irrelevant. If it's in the Constitution, we are ALL bound by it.

If the Constitution says you vote for Trump or go to jail, then those are your choices.

How is this confusing you?
I'm confused because you are not answering the question.

If the constitution was amended to outlaw civilian possession of guns, you would want everyone, including yourself, to turn them in, correct?

I'm confused because you are not answering the question.

If the constitution was amended to outlaw civilian possession of guns, you would want everyone, including yourself, to turn them in, correct?
That's what you don't understand: It's not a question of whether or not you follow the Constitution.

I'll put you down for no answer.
That's the point, I don't have an option. Neither do you.

If the Constitution says we turn in our guns, we turn in our guns or face the consequences.

If the Constitution says you can't vote for Ron DeSantis, you have to vote for Trump, then you have to vote for Trump, or face the consequences.

This clearly illustrates that you have absolutely no idea what the Constitution is. Just like your posts here clearly illustrate that you want to stop gun crime and could care less about stopping crime.

Your posts here are available for all to see. You want to eliminate gun crime.

I want to eliminate crime. Sorry.
Does eliminating gun crime somehow supersede eliminating crime?

Of course it doesn't.

Gun crime is a subset of crime.

This is what I mean about gun nuts being nuts. Your 'logic' makes no sense yet the other gun nuts will come support you in a blind effort to defend guns.

Does eliminating gun crime somehow supersede eliminating crime?

Of course it doesn't.

Gun crime is a subset of crime.

This is what I mean about gun nuts being nuts. Your 'logic' makes no sense yet the other gun nuts will come support you in a blind effort to defend guns.
You are projecting your own fanaticism onto me.

Eliminating guns does nothing to address eliminating crime. Any person thinking rationally and critically understands this.

You are doing neither. You are thinking EMOTIONALLY.

I've never owned a gun in my life. I'm not fanatical about guns, I'm fanatical about common sense.

I want to eliminate crime. If you eliminate crime, the unlawful use of guns is eliminated as well.

You believe eliminate the guns, you eliminate the crime.

That's emotional thinking. I prefer critical and rational thought.

• Love
I have no idea how many you own.

I don't know if you're a gun nut or not. I haven't been around here enough to figure out who's who.

The point I was making with my questions....

those who defend the constitution, specifically the 2nd amendment in this case, are not necessarily gun nuts. It's an intellectually lazy tactic that many use in order to not have a real conversation on the subject.

I'm a constitution nut. I think it's the greatest document man has ever written.

Also, I probably own fewer firearms than you might suspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCSpell
The point I was making with my questions....

those who defend the constitution, specifically the 2nd amendment in this case, are not necessarily gun nuts. It's an intellectually lazy tactic that many use in order to not have a real conversation on the subject.

I'm a constitution nut. I think it's the greatest document man has ever written.

Also, I probably own few firearms than you might suspect.
My belief is, after years of discussing this topic, gun nuts don't really care all that much about the constitution. They just latched on to the 'shall not be infringed' phrase because it's convenient to support their worship of guns.

That may not be true for you specifically.

Click the vertical dots for More Options.

How does taking away someone's gun address crime?
On other Rivals boards, they come up under smilies. My more options don't show anything that I recognize being related to emojis.

Can you see how taking away hammers could impact the construction industry?

Eliminating the preferred tool of criminals does nothing address eliminating crime?

Where are y'all's laughing emojis?
Don't most "gun" crimes involve pistols and not rifles? BUT every time the DEMS talk about banning guns, its rifles. Hmmm. And even if you took every gun away from law abiding citizens, it would do very little to stop criminals from getting and using guns for crime.

My belief is, after years of discussing this topic, gun nuts don't really care all that much about the constitution. They just latched on to the 'shall not be infringed' phrase because it's convenient to support their worship of guns.

That may not be true for you specifically.

Well you must admit, that phrase does sort of sum up the position.

My gun is a tool that I'm willing to use once all other options are found to be inadequate.

Don't most "gun" crimes involve pistols and not rifles? BUT every time the DEMS talk about banning guns, its rifles. Hmmm. And even if you took every gun away from law abiding citizens, it would do very little to stop criminals from getting and using guns for crime.
Rifles get extra attention because of their involvement in 'mass' events and it's easy to get people to question why anyone would need an assault-style weapon. Pistols clearly cause more problems.

I have no interest in disarming law abiding citizens.

I see a nation flooded with firearms with an epidemic of gun crime. That's unlike any other civilized country.

Gun crime requires criminals AND guns. Both parts should be addressed.

On other Rivals boards, they come up under smilies. My more options don't show anything that I recognize being related to emojis.

Can you see how taking away hammers could impact the construction industry?
Sure, taking away hammers would impact the construction industry.

What would happen as a result? Would the industry simply dissolve, or would those in the construction industry adapt and start using other tools to replace the hammer?

Apply that same logic to taking away guns.

If your goal is to eliminate gun crimes, then take away guns. Same way if your goal is to eliminate construction via hammers, take away the hammers.

But if you want to eliminate crime, eliminating guns has as much impact as eliminating hammers in an attempt to eliminate the construction industry.

Logical thinking vs emotional thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT