ADVERTISEMENT

Its . . . Junior and Lulu Week!

reidelanthony2-e1369469082275.jpg

Ronnie‏@gatorron24
@ReidelAnthony15 do tell what you said on the leap.

Reidel Anthony‏@ReidelAnthony15
Reidel Anthony Retweeted Ronnie

Well it's been 20 years so I guess it's time to reveal what I said " Hello They Call Me Freakem"

Reactions: sadgator
I ise
Do you realize that no one has ever texted, emailed, tweeted or posted on FB on an iPhone that Tennessee beat Florida? It wasn't invented yet the last time they won.
I use to always get phone calls the few times UT beat UF. I honestly don't think I ever ever ever got a Text. Closet thing was the AOL Aim message.

I guess. I relied on Google and couldn't get anything either.
Well, you see it goes that this. You have ducks. They are cute and all. They are a metaphor for UT players. And then you have a truck. The truck is a metaphor for the Mighty Gators.

Dem ducks can't pull dat truck.

Or beat that truck.

Yea, whatever. But that is what I say about most of the vernacular of our youth. And stay off my lawn!

To be completely honest, sadgator thinks Wilson actually screwed up the intent of the phrase.

If you pull the original line from Martin Lawrence, he says something that effectively means, "If I tell you a duck can pull a truck, then you'd better believe it can." In other words, "If I tell you something improbable is about to happen, you can take it to the bank." A guarantee, if you will.

Since Wilson was using the quote to effectively guarantee a seemingly improbable victory, the Gators would actually be the duck and Tennessee would be the truck.

Wilson said the reverse in his explanation.

Which kind of makes it more bizarrely endearing in a way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT