ADVERTISEMENT

Is Ron DeSantis Flaming Out Already?

Has anybody seen the Governor?

His most populated part of the state is flooded & having gas outages...

And he's busy in Wash DC losing donors to donald trump?
So he was supposed to be driving a fuel truck to Fort Lauderdale and then pumping gas to a bunch of NY transplants who were panic buying?
Dummmmmb

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
He teeters betwixt here and the netherworld my friend.

Tough to say who will win. We have very few ideas about who the Democratic candidate will be. There's no certainly about the Republican candidate at this point.

Hell, in two years, both Joe and Trump could pass.
It will be trump v biden and the results will be the same a complete ass whooping by big Joe. The sheep on the left out number the sheep stupid enough to vote for trump.

So he was supposed to be driving a fuel truck to Fort Lauderdale and then pumping gas to a bunch of NY transplants who were panic buying?
Dummmmmb

I wouldn't employ him to drive a truck or pump gas because he would screw that up too. 🤣

How about he actually do the job he's elected to do?
I guess what you consider "dumb" is exactly what DeSantis figured out 2 weeks AFTER the event

So @goldmom is DeSantis "dumb" for taking so long to realize he should do something?
Or are his supporters "dumb"?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...y-responded-to-Fort-Lauderdale-Flood-Disaster
After 10 days, DeSantis today finally responded to Fort Lauderdale Flood Disaster
Saturday April 22, 2023 · 4:42 PM EDT

7j9nla.jpg

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Saturday he will request a Major Disaster Declaration for Broward County due to the catastrophic impacts of unprecedented flooding in Fort Lauderdale.

The announcement comes 10 days after heavy rainfall caused historic flooding that damaged countless homes and left residents reeling in the devastation.

DeSantis' request comes after Florida Democrats criticized his response time and claimed he went missing in action while people in Broward County suffered.

Reactions: emekz1
About 44% of Republicans don’t want former President Donald Trump to run for reelection, according to a new poll.

The poll, published last week from The Associated Press and NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, found that 70% of adults, regardless of party affiliation, don’t want Trump to seek another term in the White House, compared with 30% who disagreed. Some 93% of Democrats said the same, along with 63% of Independents.

Just half of Democrats, or 47%, think Biden should run again in 2024, an Associated Press and NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll found. Overall, 26% of Americans said they want Biden to seek a second term.

We are potentially headed into an election between two guys who the majorities of both their OWN parties don’t want.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
I wouldn't employ him to drive a truck or pump gas because he would screw that up too. 🤣

How about he actually do the job he's elected to do?
I guess what you consider "dumb" is exactly what DeSantis figured out 2 weeks AFTER the event

So @goldmom is DeSantis "dumb" for taking so long to realize he should do something?
Or are his supporters "dumb"?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...y-responded-to-Fort-Lauderdale-Flood-Disaster
After 10 days, DeSantis today finally responded to Fort Lauderdale Flood Disaster
Saturday April 22, 2023 · 4:42 PM EDT

7j9nla.jpg

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Saturday he will request a Major Disaster Declaration for Broward County due to the catastrophic impacts of unprecedented flooding in Fort Lauderdale.

The announcement comes 10 days after heavy rainfall caused historic flooding that damaged countless homes and left residents reeling in the devastation.

DeSantis' request comes after Florida Democrats criticized his response time and claimed he went missing in action while people in Broward County suffered.
So it’s his JOB to make sure the bozos running Port Everglades gas lines get THEIR equipment going again?
And jump to whatever the jerks in local media are attacking him for every day? Or what loser Nikki Fried says SHE thinks is his job?

So it’s his JOB to make sure the bozos running Port Everglades gas lines get THEIR equipment going again?

Yes.

LOL...What is the Governor not responsible for state?

And jump to whatever the jerks in local media are attacking him for every day? Or what loser Nikki Fried says SHE thinks is his job?

I guess your in favor of him selling books and losing donors to donald trump instead of doing his job

Take heart...trump will be indicted a ferw more times and then DeSantis will have a chance going up against the republican B-team which is chock full of other losers

At least he'll have a puncher's chance 🤣

Yes.

LOL...What is the Governor not responsible for state?

I guess your in favor of him selling books and losing donors to donald trump instead of doing his job

Take heart...trump will be indicted a ferw more times and then DeSantis will have a chance going up against the republican B-team which is chock full of other losers

At least he'll have a puncher's chance 🤣
Is it difficult for you to ignore the mental decline of Joey Applesauce so you can yell about Republicans?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pre-campaign-ron-desantis-ruined-094605522.html
Has pre-campaign Ron DeSantis ruined things for Ron DeSantis' 2024 run?
Rafi Schwartz, Staff writer
Tue, May 2, 2023 at 5:46 AM EDT·8 min read

After months of intense speculation and more than a little optimistic prognosticating from Republican insiders and political commentators both, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) appears poised to finally make official what has seemed obvious to anyone paying attention: He's indeed running for president in 2024.

According to multiple GOP operatives who have spoken with both NBC News and ABC News, the former congressman and first-term governor will launch his presidential campaign mid-May, establishing an exploratory committee as early as May 11, followed shortly thereafter by a public announcement of his intent to challenge former President Donald Trump for his party's nomination. It's a decision motivated, at least in part, by his supporters' worry over the "creeping national narrative that former President Donald Trump is the overwhelming front-runner for the 2024 GOP nomination," as NBC's Matt Dixon and Natasha Korecki report. "A good politician knows when their moment is and they seize the opportunity," says one Republican adviser and aspiring DeSantis supporter to the network. "There's no question that the door is swinging against DeSantis."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-people-rookies-even-trump-083000790.html
‘The DeSantis people are rookies’: Even Trump critics say he’s running circles around DeSantis

“Trump came to New Hampshire the other day [and] rolled out 51 endorsements,” said Fergus Cullen, a former New Hampshire Republican Party chair and early member of the “Never Trump” movement. “There was nothing like that the first time or the second time.”

By comparison, he said, “the DeSantis people are rookies.”

Trump's onslaught has been disorienting for the nascent DeSantis operation. The Florida governor, who's expected to announce his candidacy in the coming weeks, plans to make the case that he will counter Trump's circus with a sense of normalcy that positions him to do what many Republicans fear Trump cannot: Defeat President Joe Biden. But that argument is running head first into the tidy — and muscular — organization the former president is putting together.

In recent weeks, Trump’s team has worked to bank wins before DeSantis officially enters the race. They have rolled out policy videos focused on a second Trump term and made hires in early voting states. They have developed relationships with state party leaders, met with lawmakers at Mar-a-lago and worked the phones to steal endorsements from DeSantis in his home state. Trump is even doing a town hall event with CNN, a former cable news foe of the ex-president, in an effort to reach more mainstream audiences. Now DeSantis — a politician who places a high premium on control – will be forced to catch up.

Since it was decided that the DeSantis thread about his non-accomplishments must be cancelled we'll just continue to post here...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/worse-trumpism-ron-desantis-flips-130710278.html
Worse than Trumpism: Ron DeSantis flips conservative ideology to make it more dangerous
Heather Digby Parton
Fri, June 23, 2023 at 9:07 AM EDT·7 min read

0f043db16e0fdb9f70d999f7906405d3

I realize that many people are probably sick of hearing about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis now that he's fallen in the polls and looks less like a real threat to win the GOP presidential nomination. He's an unpleasant person and it's vaguely uncomfortable to even read about him which is no doubt why his slide has invited what seems like dozens of new entrants into the race. They all now think they could be in second place in case Trump trips on the golf course and breaks a hip. It's still quite early in the process, DeSantis has a lot of money and is, by all accounts, putting together a serious campaign so it's too early to write him off. But there's no need to dwell on his candidacy quite as much now that he's lost his luster.

Still, it's probably a good idea to continue to keep an eye on DeSantis regardless of his presidential ambitions. Of all the candidates, he best represents the next generation of GOP leaders and his political philosophy is something quite new for the Republican Party. It's not the conservatism that dominated the GOP since the 1950s but neither is it Trumpism, to the extent that such a thing even exists without Trump. It's a whole new ballgame.

As he has done in Florida, DeSantis plans to use the massive power of the government to inflict his own ideology on the country by force.

Trump is essentially all about Trump. He still says it all the time: "I alone can fix it" or, more recently, "I am your retribution." Since he apparently considers himself the natural heir to the Sun King, Louis XIV, his view of government is essentially "L'État, c'est moi" and therefore anything that hurts him can be seen as an attack on the country. Despite all the hand-wringing about "what it all means" with reporters venturing out to the heartland every few weeks to figure out what it is that Real America really wants from the moment he won the nomination in 2016, all of politics and government has been about what is good for Donald Trump. MAGA isn't an ideology it's a cult of personality.

I don’t agree that DeSantis is worse than Trump. But I do agree that his attempts to pander to MAGA backfired because MAGA is ultimately about Trump. There can be only one.
Highlander-Kurgan-Kills-Ramirez.jpg

If DeSantis had just run as a typical moderate Florida republican, the Trumpers would still be calling him a RINO, but he at least wouldn’t have prematurely burned the bridge with moderates who dumped him after the six-week abortion limit and the Disney/culture war posturing.

I don’t agree that DeSantis is worse than Trump. But I do agree that his attempts to pander to MAGA backfired because MAGA is ultimately about Trump. There can be only one.
Highlander-Kurgan-Kills-Ramirez.jpg

If DeSantis had just run as a typical moderate Florida republican, the Trumpers would still be calling him a RINO, but he at least wouldn’t have prematurely burned the bridge with moderates who dumped him after the six-week abortion limit and the Disney/culture war posturing.
He is worse because he got like every policy he signed being rejected but the courts for being too extreme/unconstitutional . Trump is crazy but he doesn't force crazy policies...yet.

He is worse because he got like every policy he signed being rejected but the courts for being too extreme/unconstitutional . Trump is crazy but he doesn't force crazy policies...yet.

That says more about the Florida state legislature than it does about DeSantis. New Yorkers may be moving to Florida by the million, but the Good Ole Boys still rule the state.

So glad malone has committed to not repsonding on my threads anymore

Lets see if he can keep his promise
He's actually crying in another thread about how I get his threads sidetracked. The same guy who has to bump his own threads to keep them from being deleted for 0 replies LOL

Our trolls complaining that we don't take their trolls seriously enough is the best entertainment here.

That says more about the Florida state legislature than it does about DeSantis. New Yorkers may be moving to Florida by the million, but the Good Ole Boys still rule the state.
I’m glad they do and if the residents of “Bow-Ca” don’t like it, I-95 runs both ways.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Let's stay focused on the only news story in the world right now: The Hiden family being exposed as criminals.

In real time. How many of you ITT voted for Hiden? All of this is on your heads.

Maybe fetuses will stop having fatal birth defects that appear after six weeks.
If a Baby Mama and a Baby Daddy used birth control those instances might become even more exceedingly rare, but if it’s fatal then it dies in utero or micarried anyway.
BTW I’m sort of pro choice.

Which ones are you referring to specifically? The ones that are extreme IYO?

If a Baby Mama and a Baby Daddy used birth control those instances might become even more exceedingly rare, but if it’s fatal then it dies in utero or micarried anyway.
BTW I’m sort of pro choice.

I’m not talking about unplanned pregnancies. I’m talking about the planned ones where there is a fatal defect that doesn’t conveniently show up before the six weeks are up. I’m talking about mothers who are forced to give birth to babies who are missing vital organs and are doomed to die immediately after the umbilical cord is cut.

The "good ole boys" are made up of New Yorkers who moved here years ago. When states are overwhelmingly red or blue it appears easy for Governors or other state legislators to get elected If they happen to be a Desantis they get to brag about all THEY accomplished when in fact it is the state legislators that actually have more to do with it. Desantis has all it takes to make him a tyrant. I hope he has reached the end of the line as far as further progress in his personal ambitions take him. It's really too bad that when he fails he can still be Governor. Hopefully we in Florida get "shut of him" sooner than later.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nail1988
I’m not talking about unplanned pregnancies. I’m talking about the planned ones where there is a fatal defect that doesn’t conveniently show up before the six weeks are up. I’m talking about mothers who are forced to give birth to babies who are missing vital organs and are doomed to die immediately after the umbilical cord is cut.
That has always happened regardless of abortion rights. Back in the day there was no way to tell if you were going to have a healthy baby or not.
As I said in my earlier post I am pretty much pro choice except the final trimester.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
That has always happened regardless of abortion rights. Back in the day there was no way to tell if you were going to have a healthy baby or not.
As I said in my earlier post I am pretty much pro choice except the final trimester.
Same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT