ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or are we assembling a staff or what?!

I really think Willie thought it was a lock he would be bringing one coordinator from Oregon. I think he is in a bit of a bind now. It may turn out OK, but I know he thought Leavitt was coming and I know Jom Leohnard turned him down, so yes, there is a degree of scrambling
Yes that is correct. 99.9% you typically you hire your OC and DC first and then build your staff from there. Usually the OC and DC have some input who fills out the staff since they have to work with them closely. Taggart has done the complete reversal. Yes it looks like he’s out of sorts a bit.

2018 Coaching Staff

HC Dan Mullen (plus 10 Assistant Coaches under new NCAA rules)

1. DC Todd Grantham - ??

2. Billy Gonzales WR - Co-OC at MsSt??

3. John Hevesy OL - Co-OC at MsSt??

4. Brian Johnson QB - the 2017 OC/QB's at Houston??

5. Ja'Juan Seider RB - ??

6. Greg Knox ST/TE - ??

7. Sal Sunseri DL - ??

8. Charlton Warren DB - ? ?

9. Christian Robinson ILB - ??

10. ????
--------
Nick Savage - Director of Football Strength & Conditioning

Last edited:
2018 Coaching Staff

HC Dan Mullen (plus 10 Assistant Coaches under new NCAA rules)

1. DC Todd Grantham - ??

2. Billy Gonzales WR - Co-OC at MsSt??

3. John Hevesy OL - Co-OC at MsSt??

4. Brian Johnson QB - the 2017 OC/QB's at Houston??

5. Ja'Juan Seider RB - ??

6. Greg Knox ST/TE - ??

7. Sal Sunseri DL - ??

8. Charlton Warren DB - ? ?

9. Christian Robinson LB - ??

10. ????
--------
Nick Savage - Director of Football Strength & Conditioning

Ron English is going to get that 10th spot. Great coach, average recruiter

Welp I guess this spells the end of FSU football. It was nice ruling the state and being the only nationally relevant team for the last decade. Oh well.
The 2008 National Title winner does not count as being nationally relevant? Or part of the last decade?

How about the 2009 Gators? Or how about the 2012 Gators?

Just when I think FSU cannot make me think any less of them, a guy like this wades into a discussion for which he is clearly not equipped to handle

In any case, back to the original point after all the Florida/FSU tit for tats, I will be impressed with this Mullen coaching staff, or not, after I see them coach and recruit for at least two cycles.

2 and 3 star players? You don't get out much do you? Michigan State has had a top 25 class 4 of the last 5 years. Their defense has 4 stars all over the place. Josh Butler, Justin Layne, Raequan Williams, Mike Panasiuk, & Auston Robertson were all Rivals 250 guys. It's hilarious to me that people act like teams like Michigan State, Stanford, and Wisconsin don't have good talent. They don't have Alabama or Clemson talent, but they have better players than 80% of CFB teams and routinely put guys in the NFL.
Fill your class with 3* players and you are top 25 every year. Do the math.

The 2008 National Title winner does not count as being nationally relevant? Or part of the last decade?

How about the 2009 Gators? Or how about the 2012 Gators?

Just when I think FSU cannot make me think any less of them, a guy like this wades into a discussion for which he is clearly not equipped to handle
In 2012, not really. UF didn't even win their division that year and got slapped around in the bowl. Blind squirrel finds nut imo.

In 2012, not really. UF didn't even win their division that year and got slapped around in the bowl. Blind squirrel finds nut imo.
"You honor, I disagree with one of these three things. Therefore none of them are accurate."

hardliner, you are doing nothing to change our opinion of FSU fans.

8 weeks in the top 10, 4 of them in the top 5, finish the year in the top 10, that's not "nationally relevant"? We finished before the bowl at #4, btw, which these days puts you in the playoffs.

So, are you always this stupid, or does talking about UF bring out a double helping of maroon in you?

Look at all that SEC experience:

Mullen
Johnson
Gonzales
Hevesy
Grantham
Knox
Sunseri
Warren

And we going to officially keep Seider and Skipper at some point?

The "feel good" since day one of Mullen era just keeps on feeling good with each new day that passes. Getting top flight transfers, top flight recruits, experienced coaches.

Can't freakin' wait until 9/1/2018.

Most r good, dont like sunseri, he coached at fsu a few yrs, wasnt that impressed, hes not bad or anything but not great, hes a journeyman for a reason

8 weeks in the top 10, 4 of them in the top 5, finish the year in the top 10, that's not "nationally relevant"? We finished before the bowl at #4, btw, which these days puts you in the playoffs.

So, are you always this stupid, or does talking about UF bring out a double helping of maroon in you?

It was a good team, actually just a great defense. Having to have a miracle to beat Louisiana Lafayette and squeaking by bad teams doesn't equal great team.

It was a good team, actually just a great defense. Having to have a miracle to beat Louisiana Lafayette and squeaking by bad teams doesn't equal great team.

I remember the Ravens having a great defense and not much offense in 2002.. They squeaked by a bunch of teams as well.

Were the 2012 Gators the 2002 Ravens? No. The point is that you don’t need a great offense to be championship caliber. Or, at a minimum, “nationally relevant”, which is the standard required for this discussion.

Yes that is correct. 99.9% you typically you hire your OC and DC first and then build your staff from there. Usually the OC and DC have some input who fills out the staff since they have to work with them closely. Taggart has done the complete reversal. Yes it looks like he’s out of sorts a bit.

He’s a hot mess, and it will catch up to them pretty quickly.

I predict a lot of Nole complaining in future years about how they can recruit so well but play so poorly.

Reactions: djegators
He’s a hot mess, and it will catch up to them pretty quickly.

I predict a lot of Nole complaining in future years about how they can recruit so well but play so poorly.
Yes he’s an unorganized mess already. How can you hire just about your entire staff before you even hire an OC and DC. Makes no sense at all.

Reactions: mcanes
I like what we've done. Lots of experience, guys with defined roles, and they've worked together before. Nothing that makes you go "WTF?". When Grantham, a guy who has had multiple top 15 type defenses, is one of the iffy hires, you're in a good spot.

I like grantham, think he has done a goid job, his greatest strength is his greatest weakness(being too aggressive) but i think that style fits the athletes that UF will have

Cosign. I'm always down with aggressiveness even if you get burned a time or two. If you recruit like you're supposed to you'll get way more big plays out of it than you will get burnt. Much prefer that to Shannon's passive bullshit that let teams move up and down the field praying for a mistake.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
UF has always been more successful with more aggressive defenses and defensive coordinators.

In any case, back to the original point after all the Florida/FSU tit for tats, I will be impressed with this Mullen coaching staff, or not, after I see them coach and recruit for at least two cycles.
I agree with you but it's hard not being excited...in a short time...every time you hear info with Mullen and recruiting...it's all super positive and our HBC Mullen sounds like a man on a mission.

Mullen sounds like a guy that has a plan.

That's the biggest thing. Came in and sured up the staff. In recruiting he identified weaknesses and started addressing them ASAP. Even reached out to jucos to come in and help right away at certain positions instead of whining and using facilities as an excuse for why he couldn't recruit unlike the last clown. Even the off the field staff has gotten a boost. We're organized.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
That's the biggest thing. Came in and sured up the staff. In recruiting he identified weaknesses and started addressing them ASAP. Even reached out to jucos to come in and help right away at certain positions instead of whining and using facilities as an excuse for why he couldn't recruit unlike the last clown. Even the off the field staff has gotten a boost. We're organized.
True...Meyer and Spurrier won with a lot less...I know that times have changed but winners win. Mullen is starting fast.

They were 11-2, that's relevant. In the last 10 years you've only had one season better than that. And that season occurred for us during a historically bad stretch for UF who is quite clearly on the mend now. Hope you enjoyed Jimbo 4 loss fisher(3-4 losses every year winston wasn't his qb) because Taggert is in over his head.

They were 11-2, that's relevant. In the last 10 years you've only had one season better than that. And that season occurred for us during a historically bad stretch for UF who is quite clearly on the mend now. Hope you enjoyed Jimbo 4 loss fisher(3-4 losses every year winston wasn't his qb) because Taggert is in over his head.

Some interesting facets to these statements. First: please realize that the list of active coaches with more than 5 seasons that avg. better than 11-2 / yr. is like 3 coaches. Second: Since Jimbo is 4 loss Fisher, will Mullen be referred to as 5 loss Mullen. He only reached 10 wins once and that was with a QB named Dak. With an overall losing record in the SEC, Mullen might be considered just as over his head as Tag. Time will tell. Both schools needed a change and I suspect those coaches will provide the needed changes.

Lol if you say so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT