ADVERTISEMENT

If stoops goes to FSU...

As much as I like Mark Stoops as a coach, I still don't understand why some, if not most of you confuse Mark with his brother Bob. Mark will never be the coach his brother was.

Stoops isn't going anywhere unless that secondary makes huge strides later in the season.

Mark Stoops has made a name for himself in a basketball school. This also reminds me of the days when Norm Sloan brought so much hoops excitement among just fans of a football school like UF, although Sloan complained that basketball was an afterthought in Gainesville. Billy Donovan just took hoops here to a whole new level.

I just feel Stoops is doing the same exact thing with football in Lexington. Remember when we all thought we could land Bob Stoops at Florida with the snap of our fingers after Spurrier announced his resignation just because he was our DC and how much Bob loved it in Gainesville?

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Well, Mark has learned one thing from ole Cal-cheat.

He now knows how to constantly whine, snivel, shout, and beg the officials to call the game his way.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I don’t think they can afford stoops. There will be other jobs open at the end of the year and almost all of them will be able to outbid the noles, as will Kentucky. Same with heupel. They’re stuck with willie for the time being, and they won’t be getting any big name hired without a miravle

^^
Doesn't matter what coach they can afford in terms of salary. They can't pay out the $17 million if rumors out there are true.

Everything I've read says FSU will HAVE to keep Willie through the end of 2020 but who really knows.

I don’t think they can afford stoops. There will be other jobs open at the end of the year and almost all of them will be able to outbid the noles, as will Kentucky. Same with heupel. They’re stuck with willie for the time being, and they won’t be getting any big name hired without a miravle
This is gator fan fiction.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Potatohead will be looking for a job around the same time that Taggart is let go at FSU. It generally takes UT a bit longer to realize what the rest of the country knows from day 1, that they fired a guy and hired someone worse.

Actually I can't see that FSU would go after pruitt. They screwed up hiring Taggart, but I don't think they would be so insane as to hire pruitt.

I believe they extended his contract along with a raise last season so I'm sure his buyout is insane.

^^
Doesn't matter what coach they can afford in terms of salary. They can't pay out the $17 million if rumors out there are true.

Everything I've read says FSU will HAVE to keep Willie through the end of 2020 but who really knows.
Don't forget having to buyout another coach's contract to bring in who they want. Mark Stoops has a contract which is for 6-8 years with something like $34 million.

Don't forget having to buyout another coach's contract to bring in who they want. Mark Stoops has a contract which is for 6-8 years with something like $34 million.
I find it hilarious that Kentucky can outbid them for a coach right now. I think this objectively makes U.K. a superior program

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

Heads are going to roll in Tally. And I don't mean Taggart. Well, eventually Taggart. But if the AD has to go beg for money from the alumni it will be a new AD doing the begging. And it MIGHT be a new President hiring that new AD. Depends which alumni get upset.

Stoops buyout if he leaves is 1.75m and drops yearly depending on how many years are left on the contract.

I find it hilarious that Kentucky can outbid them for a coach right now. I think this objectively makes U.K. a superior program
I do know their program is in far better shape than the Noles. They even had to settle for Mike Martin Jr to replace Sr as baseball coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT