ADVERTISEMENT

I see some trouble brewing for UGA...

So Bowden took another 5-7 years to deliver on those expectations. In today’s climate he’d been fired before ever winning one. Spurrier inherited a VERY average Florida program. Prior to him the Gators had never won anything. So he gets props even taking six seasons to win his only trophy. Urban had success at Utah, got noticed, and then rebuilt SOS’ dynasty. It had declined but still was the new Florida for the most part. He had easily the quickest success. So again, Kirby was the only one that stepped in with zero head coaching experience. He might show he should just be a DC, but the fact you are comparing him to the GOATs is a bit unrealistic. And I don’t want to hear what all the Dawg fans on this board said about winning all the titles, that’s bullshit and we all know it. He’s got a lot of stubbornness in him that he will need to address. I’ll submit he’s been surrounded by more generational programs than any other coach has had to deal with.
Then talk to your own fan base about expectations. Like it or not your obnoxious fan base has been lecturing every fan base between UF, Alabama, Clemson, Miami and FSU since you’ve been recruiting our backyard about all the titles coming. It’s all been based purely on recruiting rankings. You don’t like the comparisons but your base has brought it on itself. Those coaches mentioned all felt like inevitable titles were coming and they delivered because you saw significant improvements in the programs they took over. Kirby has not done that at all. The only thing he’s improved has been recruiting but the results are dead heat equal to Richt at this juncture and funny enough Richt’s first HC gig was UGA too. End of the day your base is still getting off on recruiting and it’s just comical at this point.

Yep, DeAndre Baker, the Thorpe Winner, and Roquan Smith, the Butkus winner, are prime examples of how Kirby wrecks a player. More winning words from the shit troll.
He's just spewing ignorance.
JR Reed former 2 star is a 2019 All American and All SEC Safety.
Watch Tae Crowder get drafted. Former 2 star RB that Kirby has turned into our starting MLB.
3 star CB Eric Stokes also says hello.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
His QB coach said he was a statue? Link?

Don't be a douche. First, the coach never used the word "statue" and neither did I. Second, he SAID it. Not sure if you are aware, but the large majority of what is SAID, is not on the internet, thus no link.

Don't be a douche. First, the coach never used the word "statue" and neither did I. Second, he SAID it. Not sure if you are aware, but the large majority of what is SAID, is not on the internet, thus no link.
Douche? LG89 said statue and you stated his QB coach has said as much. Can you have a football discussion without the name calling?
Beck is from the Jacksonville area. I live in the Jacksonville area. There has been much discussion by the talk radio peeps who actually have calls his games, they say he is a statue.

So, do I believe the people with first hand knowledge, or the guy half a world away reading scouting reports?

Better than that, his QB coach has said as much. But I'm sure someone who has actually coached the kid doesn't know as mush as a hopeful internet message board poster. ;)

Douche? LG89 said statue and you stated his QB coach has said as much. Can you have a football discussion without the name calling?

I didn't name call I said don't be one, and like you said in this post I said 'coach said as much', not statue. Probably used the phrase "more of a pocket passer" or similar.

The difference is you are criticizing players that are not even on the team yet.
So just what makes you think any of them will be better than Hardmon? I'm talking about the ones who played this season. I wasn't criticizing the players, I said their talents are wasting away at Georgia.

Or you could watch his games or highlights where he's running for life and make your own judgement. I've seen Fromm and Beck... Beck is more mobile.

So your answer is to believe the guy who knows nothing over the guys who know everything.

Got it.

I didn't name call I said don't be one, and like you said in this post I said 'coach said as much', not statue. Probably used the phrase "more of a pocket passer" or similar.
He's absolutely a pocket passer, but the guy is mobile enough. He's more mobile than Fromm... for whoever said he's not. Maybe @LizardGrad89 ?

Hard to argue. We didn't have a pulse offensively in the SECCG. Even though we were the only one of those teams to keep LSU under 500 yards of offense, we couldn't put up much of a fight with our offense. This shouldn't surprise anyone.
Nobody is stopping their offense... you have to out score them.

The whole Mandarin is not part of Jacksonville debacle was courtesy of the beloved @instaGATOR

Let's see if this map of Jacksonville helps at all. The royal blue line is the Jax city limits and also the Duval county limits, as they are one and the same.

For reference, Orange Park is in Clay county, below Mandarin is St Johns County.

828f80a148fb7ba2eb82266d4180f3ea.gif

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
The whole Mandarin is not part of Jacksonville debacle was courtesy of the beloved @instaGATOR

Well, I have insta blocked, so not surprised I don't know what's going on with hem.

But as I showed on the map, Mandarin is a neighborhood in Jacksonville.

Now does that mean there might not be people one block over, in the very very north of St Johns County, that consider themselves part of Mandarin? There could be, it's a neighborhood, not a jurisdiction. But based on the map, at least 99% of it is on Jacksonville. So I would say Mandarin consists of South Jacksonville and maybe a couple of confused people.

You seem very sure of yourself. I see it didn't take long to forget being humbled by LSU.
I didn't say we were winning anything... only that we'll be good enough to be in the talk late into the season. I expect our offense to be better.

Bowden, whom I love, became FSU head coach in 1976. He didn’t win a natty until 1993. So I’m really interested to know where you are going with this.
He never “won” anything. He cheated and lied and everyone ate it bc he was a sweet old man with a funny Alabama accent. Any hardware they have has an asterisk attached to it. Say all you want about Alabama and Auburn or whoever else blatantly cheating, but I’ll never believe they got a single decent player fair and square and if there was a way to cheat, on it off the field, he did it. He basically wrote the book on how to slime your way to notoriety, but you know, cream rises, sh-t floats, and everyone to ever wear their colors is a floater. Eff bowden

yeah you paid 6 figures to get Fields on campus then he didn’t play. Did the check bounce?

and don’t give me that racism card that he played to get out of there. That was bullshit seeing as his sister was still playing softball there.

Georgia is learning not to give up front payments. But it's hurting their recruiting. This is why the board's flea infestation believes they might end up with the #1 class. They are still negotiating payment terms with several elite athletes.

He never “won” anything. He cheated and lied and everyone ate it bc he was a sweet old man with a funny Alabama accent. Any hardware they have has an asterisk attached to it. Say all you want about Alabama and Auburn or whoever else blatantly cheating, but I’ll never believe they got a single decent player fair and square and if there was a way to cheat, on it off the field, he did it. He basically wrote the book on how to slime your way to notoriety, but you know, cream rises, sh-t floats, and everyone to ever wear their colors is a floater. Eff bowden

He didn't write that book. The Bear wrote it. His antics created the NCAA rulebook we had until about 1985, when it was rewritten. The old book could have been called "What Alabama can't do any more". Want to put 200 kids on scholarship just to keep any possibly good players off other team's rosters? Ok, we'll set scholly limits. Want to circumvent scholly limits by putting football players on gymnastics scholarships? Ok, we will write a rule that everybody who plays football on an athletic scholarship will count against football. Want to give all your players "after school jobs" paying $20 an hour (it was a long time ago) that they never have to show up to? We'll set rules limiting job opportunities. And so on.

I get what you are saying. But Bowden wasn't smart enough to scheme up ways to cheat. He had to copy the master. Don't forget he was one of Bear's boys, he learned at the great cheater's feet.

Now, Bowden knew the NCAA was just waiting for him to retire to investigate, so he cut down on the cheating for long enough to get out of the statute of limitations, to preserve his legacy. He was afraid if FSU got hammered right after he left, people would think Paterno was the better coach AND better man. Oh, the irony.

This is the real reason FSU was lousy at the end of his career. What you saw from FSU in those years was what them on a level playing field looks like. That was the REAL FSU program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT