11 Nay'Quan Wright FR RB 3 12 24 2.00 0 4.00 8.00
12 Van Jefferson SR WR 12 1 7 7.00 0 0.08 0.58
13 Tommy Townsend SR P 12 3 5 1.67 0 0.25 0.42
14 Trevon Grimes JR WR 12 1 -4 -4.00 0 0.08 -0.33
15 Team 7 5 -6 -1.20 0 0.71 -0.86
16 Kyle Trask JR QB 11 55 -29 -0.53 3 5.00 -2.64
Total 12 364 1443 3.96 18 30.33 120.25

DFL in the conference.
We know who we are as a team... you guys are delusional as a fan base....oh yeah...nice performance the SEC game.

We know who we are as a team... you guys are delusional as a fan base....oh yeah...nice performance the SEC game.
I know who Georgia is. My point is you can point to the receiving room on a heavy run team if that makes you fell good. It works both ways.

I know who Georgia is. My point is you can point to the receiving room on a heavy run team if that makes you fell good. It works both ways.
We were a heavy run team during the Urban Meyer era yet the UF receivers still produced.

Problem with that theory is you don't have an RPO OC. Also, Beck is more of a statue than Fromm, and you need R to have RPO. Otherwise it's just P. No O.
We ran RPO's all year. Beck is much more mobile than Fromm... much more. R is not solely for the QB. R is as much for the RB.

Last edited:
Paper champions again! Yay! As long as UGA has Coley as their QB coach and OC the trophy case will continue to be empty.

Reactions: GatorNation79
We ran RPO's all year. Beck is much more mobile than Fromm... much more. R is not solely for the QB. R is as much for the RB.

Beck is from the Jacksonville area. I live in the Jacksonville area. There has been much discussion by the talk radio peeps who actually have calls his games, they say he is a statue.

So, do I believe the people with first hand knowledge, or the guy half a world away reading scouting reports?

The RPO is most effective when it's all on the QB, because of the extra blocker. But hey, whatever floats your boat. You guys sure had a world beater of an offense last year, should we expect more of the same?

Beck is from the Jacksonville area. I live in the Jacksonville area. There has been much discussion by the talk radio peeps who actually have calls his games, they say he is a statue.

So, do I believe the people with first hand knowledge, or the guy half a world away reading scouting reports?
The same exact thing I heard about Beck and I also live in the Jax area.

I saw him play. Big, strong kid but not mobile. NOT an RPO guy. He does have a strong arm. To be fair, his stats are not too outstanding as his team around him was pretty bad. I'd take AR all day over this kid.

Carson Beck play in a RPO offense. Hilarious. That isn’t happening. UGA fans don’t want to admit it but they know darn well what type of offense Smart runs and what type of offense he wants to run and he isn’t changing his philosophy anytime soon.

Carson Beck play in a RPO offense. Hilarious. That isn’t happening. UGA fans don’t want to admit it but they know darn well what type of offense Smart runs and what type of offense he wants to run and he isn’t changing his philosophy anytime soon.
I wouldn’t call it RPO. More like Fromm is supposed to read but never pulled it even in the face of a blitz. Makes you wonder if the rumors of him being injured were true or not. Either way, it’s straight traditional offense. I wish we’d had a fullback in there, which is basically what I think Zeus has become after two knee surgeries.

Reactions: PacoGator19
:rolleyes:

We have discussed this. Mandarin isn’t Jacksonville, right? :rolleyes:

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
What's the difference? Ridley and Mecole Hardmon's talents were totally wasted under Kirby. Hardmon could have been Georgia's version of Percy Harvin the way he's playing at KC.

Almost every player regresses the longer he plays for Kirbs. Most hit their ceilings under him as true freshmen.

Better than that, his QB coach has said as much. But I'm sure someone who has actually coached the kid doesn't know as mush as a hopeful internet message board poster. ;)

Uhhhhh, several of those receivers are 2020 signees.....
What happened to those 2019 WR recruits and Robinson? You had two 4 stars sign in 2018. This past off season these Gator fans were pointing out how screwed your passing game was with all the WRs leaving and one getting booted. FSU and Miami fans along with Paco were pointing out Coley was going to make that situation worse. And the common comeback was “oh yeh but our recruiting has brought in so many stars and we have Fromm and the greatest OL ever assembled...” You guys are still so busy star chasing you have yet to learn. And it’s been decades of UGA bringing in talent. That’s the difference between Bowdens, Urbans, Dabos, and Sabans. They not only bring it in but they develop it. The talent isn’t squandered. You’re so desperate you’re hoping for at least a Gene Chizik type of year. You want to find that Cam Newton who will take you over the edge. At some point you’ll realize your coach needs to do more than sell the program. Recruits will stop listening if the results remain the same.

What happened to those 2019 WR recruits and Robinson? You had two 4 stars sign in 2018. This past off season these Gator fans were pointing out how screwed your passing game was with all the WRs leaving and one getting booted. FSU and Miami fans along with Paco were pointing out Coley was going to make that situation worse. And the common comeback was “oh yeh but our recruiting has brought in so many stars and we have Fromm and the greatest OL ever assembled...” You guys are still so busy star chasing you have yet to learn. And it’s been decades of UGA bringing in talent. That’s the difference between Bowdens, Urbans, Dabos, and Sabans. They not only bring it in but they develop it. The talent isn’t squandered. You’re so desperate you’re hoping for at least a Gene Chizik type of year. You want to find that Cam Newton who will take you over the edge. At some point you’ll realize your coach needs to do more than sell the program. Recruits will stop listening if the results remain the same.
Bowden, whom I love, became FSU head coach in 1976. He didn’t win a natty until 1993. So I’m really interested to know where you are going with this.

Bowden, whom I love, became FSU head coach in 1976. He didn’t win a natty until 1993. So I’m really interested to know where you are going with this.
Oh, so now you're waiting on Kirby to win it all in his 17th season. All of you were talking about winning it 2 years ago, then last year, then this season.
Bowden started totally from scratch. In his younger years I remember his teams were fun to watch. They were a little green on defense but Bowden was one heck of an offensive coach.

Oh, so now you're waiting on Kirby to win it all in his 17th season. All of you were talking about winning it 2 years ago, then last year, then this season.
Bowden started totally from scratch. In his younger years I remember his teams were fun to watch. They were a little green on defense but Bowden was one heck of an offensive coach.
Ok, make up whatever facts you want. Kirby is in his 4th year of ever being a head coach. Yeah FSU was still basically a girls school, but it was still 17 years. None of theses coaches listed did much immediately in their first gig. Not defending Kirby as much as I am laughing at the uneven standards you all want to apply here. If he’s so bad how come you can’t beat him?

Ok, make up whatever facts you want. Kirby is in his 4th year of ever being a head coach. Yeah FSU was still basically a girls school, but it was still 17 years. None of theses coaches listed did much immediately in their first gig. Not defending Kirby as much as I am laughing at the uneven standards you all want to apply here. If he’s so bad how come you can’t beat him?
Bobby Bowden didn't inherit the kind of talent at FSU that Kirby inherited at Georgia. If the roles were reversed at UF and Georgia, between Mullen and Kirby, then Mullen would own Kirby.

All I said was he was criticizing receivers that are not on the team yet. They will be in 2020. Actually, my statement was factual and correct.

What's the difference? Ridley and Mecole Hardmon's talents were totally wasted under Kirby. Hardmon could have been Georgia's version of Percy Harvin the way he's playing at KC.
The difference is you are criticizing players that are not even on the team yet.

All I said was he was criticizing receivers that are not on the team yet. They will be in 2020. Actually, my statement was factual and correct.
At least you guys are learning I guess. Pointing out that the talent is green last year was scoffed at and eye rolled.

And national titles were expected and targeted a solid ten to twelve years into his run based on the talent he started bringing in. Once the talent was there the expectations took off. Spurrier, Urban, etc. inherited quality talent and national title expectations were immediate. It almost felt like a forgone conclusion for those guys because they got the most out of their talent. That same feeling is not happening with Kirby. Maybe your fan base feels it but the rest of the country does not. 2017 was his best shot. He choked away that one and last year. Nothing about his program screams improvement when he’s been able to stockpile talent and watched the offensive numbers get worse.

And national titles were expected and targeted a solid ten to twelve years into his run based on the talent he started bringing in. Once the talent was there the expectations took off. Spurrier, Urban, etc. inherited quality talent and national title expectations were immediate. It almost felt like a forgone conclusion for those guys because they got the most out of their talent. That same feeling is not happening with Kirby. Maybe your fan base feels it but the rest of the country does not. 2017 was his best shot. He choked away that one and last year. Nothing about his program screams improvement when he’s been able to stockpile talent and watched the offensive numbers get worse.
So Bowden took another 5-7 years to deliver on those expectations. In today’s climate he’d been fired before ever winning one. Spurrier inherited a VERY average Florida program. Prior to him the Gators had never won anything. So he gets props even taking six seasons to win his only trophy. Urban had success at Utah, got noticed, and then rebuilt SOS’ dynasty. It had declined but still was the new Florida for the most part. He had easily the quickest success. So again, Kirby was the only one that stepped in with zero head coaching experience. He might show he should just be a DC, but the fact you are comparing him to the GOATs is a bit unrealistic. And I don’t want to hear what all the Dawg fans on this board said about winning all the titles, that’s bullshit and we all know it. He’s got a lot of stubbornness in him that he will need to address. I’ll submit he’s been surrounded by more generational programs than any other coach has had to deal with.

Or you could watch his games or highlights where he's running for life and make your own judgement. I've seen Fromm and Beck... Beck is more mobile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT