ADVERTISEMENT

I know we are blessed with several financial experts here...

But you can. You can put people on ignore and you'll almost never have to read what they write. You won't see any of the threads they start. Seems like that would make you guys feel much safer.
I block MDF and had RGG on ignore because they aren't serious people and they overpost literal spam.

Honestly I don't believe those posters are real, I think they are BSC sock accounts. I'm not going to waste my time with that sad sort of game.

Those things aren't even that bad compared to this:

Every time a liberal troll gets warned to stop trolling, instead of heeding the warnings, they double down, and start attacking the mod.

They typically get banned as a result, then @GatorTheo rushes in to complain about Trump supporters, not the troll LOL
It's weird to me how sensitive 'conservative' posters have become. It didn't used to be that way. I guess it's just a reflection of how sensitive society has become.

It's weird to me how sensitive 'conservative' posters have become. It didn't used to be that way. I guess it's just a reflection of how sensitive society has become.
So you're saying Jason and Fresno were simply being 'sensitive' when they banned RayGravesGhost?

I block MDF and had RGG on ignore because they aren't serious people and they overpost literal spam.

Honestly I don't believe those posters are real, I think they are BSC sock accounts. I'm not going to waste my time with that sad sort of game.
These boards are about entertainment. We're never going to solve any problems. If using ignore makes it more enjoyable, it's the right thing to do.

So you're saying Fresno was the sensitive one?

Amusing that you are blaming the mods and the Trump supporters....but not the troll that got banned.
Well, Jason said a lot of people complained. Who do you think would have complained about Raygraves?

Just about 98% of us ignore those stupid 1-3 word thread titles along with Ray's threads. Only Theo instantly jumps into most of Mega D's threads while just two other conservatives here take the bait.

Just about 98% of us ignore those stupid 1-3 word thread titles along with Ray's threads. Only Theo instantly jumps into most of Mega D's threads while just two other conservatives here take the bait.
And there's a common theme here: Our trolls go out of their way to be trolls.

Why can't they choose to be adults and participate in adult conversations?

Note that the majority of our biggest trolls here, like theo, goldie and bsc, all proudly post on numerous boards, doing this for hours every day. This is literally their lifestyle.

I let a TON of stuff go and I mean a TON bc you all like to talk about this stuff, political agenda, religion etc...and I never chime in but he continued to go out of his way to post racially sensitive topics after I asked him "several" times to please stop...I get very few complaints about posters but he is 100% at the top of the list.....

Jason said otherwise about a lot of complaints. Try not to conveniently ignore his last sentence above
Well, Jason said a lot of people complained. Who do you think would have complained about Raygraves?

Read Jason’s quote above again. You even chimed in on that very thread above.
Come clean about what?

Ditto...same two for me. First people I ever officially ignored.

If you're a troll but you can allow yourself to win some and lose some, have some humility about you and a sense of humor, I have no problems tbh.

These boards are about entertainment. We're never going to solve any problems. If using ignore makes it more enjoyable, it's the right thing to do.

Social commentary certainly has the potential to influence people who have an open mind.

That said, almost totally agree with what you said because most ignorant people are rabidly close-minded.

but you can allow yourself to win some and lose some, have some humility about you and a sense of humor, I have no problems tbh.
Exactly

This is the entire reason I'm here.

If I can't defend my positions with logic, facts and data - and worse have to resort to name calling - I really need to examine how I'm approaching any given subject.

Jason said otherwise about a lot of complaints. Try not to conveniently ignore his last sentence above

Read Jason’s quote above again. You even chimed in on that very thread above.
Also from that thread:

"...spend hours and hours going through the complaints..."

"...my emails are getting flooded with complaints..."

"...you are the only one I get multiple complaints about..."

'Someone' complained a LOT about Ray and Jason wasn't happy having to deal with it.

Social commentary certainly has the potential to influence people who have an open mind.

That said, almost totally agree with what you said because most ignorant people are rabidly close-minded.
Who do you think has an open mind here? Has anyone ever changed their mind or admitted being wrong about a contentious issue? I'd like to see that.

Who do you think has an open mind here? Has anyone ever changed their mind or admitted being wrong about a contentious issue? I'd like to see that.

I have. A 180⁰ turn is probably very unlikely but a 90⁰ is something, no?

I'm sure I'm not alone.

Reactions: GatorTheo
I have. A 180⁰ turn is probably very unlikely but a 90⁰ is something, no?

I'm sure I'm not alone.
That's great. I would like to see some instances of that happening from anyone.

And you're 100% correct about "...most ignorant people are rabidly close-minded." But I don't think those people recognize themselves as close-minded. I mean, if we did a poll, probably everyone would list themselves as open-minded but, of course, we know that is not true.

Also from that thread:

"...spend hours and hours going through the complaints..."

"...my emails are getting flooded with complaints..."

"...you are the only one I get multiple complaints about..."

'Someone' complained a LOT about Ray and Jason wasn't happy having to deal with it.
That's because Ray posted a lot of disgusting things here. Over several months.

I think you overlooked it cause he was also (trying to) trolling Trump supporters.

And I suspect a good number of the complaints about Ray's posts here were from people who rarely or never post here.

Interesting to that you assume all the complaints came from a handful of Trump supporters. Says more about you than it does them.

Reactions: gatordad3
It happened multiple times in the covid shot thread.

All Trump supporters. Not a single liberal changed their mind or admitted they were wrong despite BLATANT evidence that proved they were.

Trump supporters have a track record on this board of humility, admitting when they are wrong, and not getting banned.

Those three things may tie together.

That's because Ray posted a lot of disgusting things here. Over several months.

I think you overlooked it cause he was also (trying to) trolling Trump supporters.

And I suspect a good number of the complaints about Ray's posts here were from people who rarely or never post here.

Interesting to that you assume all the complaints came from a handful of Trump supporters. Says more about you than it does them.
right-dr-evil.gif

That's great. I would like to see some instances of that happening from anyone.

And you're 100% correct about "...most ignorant people are rabidly close-minded." But I don't think those people recognize themselves as close-minded. I mean, if we did a poll, probably everyone would list themselves as open-minded but, of course, we know that is not true.

There have been many. I can only speak to my own experiences...

I thought people who nominated Trump for the Pub nomination in 2016 gave the general election away. I believed that he was unelectable. I was completely wrong and I've admitted it many times.

I was days away from getting vaccinated. Changed my mind and I'm damn glad I did.

I liked DeSantis a whole lot more a year ago than I do today. I still don't despise the guy but my opinion has changed...in large part to info posted here in fact. Ditto on covid vax fwiw. I got info from other places as well on both but I was clearly impacted by reading info here.

I don't agree with many peoples view on what happened with George Floyd but I was certainly impacted by what they posted here. It gave me something to think about. People on both sides of the debate fwiw.

I cannot imagine that I'm the only person on this board who has been similarly impacted by opposing viewpoints.

Reactions: fatman76
But you can. You can put people on ignore and you'll almost never have to read what they write. You won't see any of the threads they start. Seems like that would make you guys feel much safer.
I had Ray Ray on ignore for months, the entire board looked looked like it had been shelled with spam. It was so nice not dealing with that anymore. The day he got banned, I had to read other posts to figure it out, I never knew. So I took him off ignore to see what happened. 😂 He made his own bed, the tattle tales running to mods aggravate them with trivial stuff until they are no longer tolerated. In the 20 plus years I've been with this network chain I have never reported anyone ever.

I had Ray Ray on ignore for months, the entire board looked looked like it had been shelled with spam. It was so nice not dealing with that anymore. The day he got banned, I had to read other posts to figure it out, I never knew.
@GatorTheo thinks you were the one reporting him and that the mods were too inept to do anything other than ban him simply because 'people complained'.

Theo thinks Ray ray got banned for being a liberal. Not because he did anything against the rules.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The only time I ever reported someone here was @SoProudNole back in 2021 for creating a SemenHole thread during Florida-FSU week on the PF. After it was moved to the sports board, SPN disappeared.

Every time a liberal troll gets banned here, @BSC911 and @GatorTheo immediately cry. Because both are terrified they will be the next liberal troll to get banned.

Guys, just follow the rules and you won't get banned. Give the mods some credit for goodness sake.
You just keep flooding admin inboxes with complaints, maybe you'll get lucky.

You just keep flooding admin inboxes with complaints, maybe you'll get lucky.
'Get lucky'? You mean maybe hoodwink a mod into banning someone that shouldn't be banned? I guess I think the mods here are a bit smarter than you do.

And between you, me and @BSC911, I think we all know who does the reporting around here. In fact it looks like one of you just got one of their own threads locked due to their reporting of others LOL

But as always, I'm fine with the mods disclosing the number of times I report anyone, as long as they disclose the number of times you and @BSC911 do as well.

Reactions: gatordad3
'Get lucky'? You mean maybe hoodwink a mod into banning someone that shouldn't be banned? I guess I think the mods here are a bit smarter than you do.

And between you, me and @BSC911, I think we all know who does the reporting around here. In fact it looks like one of you just got one of their own threads locked due to their reporting of others LOL

But as always, I'm fine with the mods disclosing the number of times I report anyone, as long as they disclose the number of times you and @BSC911 do as well.
Well, you complain more than anyone else about Ray and Jason said he got a lot of complaints about Ray.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT