ADVERTISEMENT

Houston is for real

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
They lead Oklahoma 33-17 with 2 minutes left in the third quarter. OU has time to come back, but the Cougars are for real. I will be surprised if they are not invited to join the Big 12 soon.

They demolished FSU in the bowl and now are handling OU.

The Big 12 is kinda screwed. Adding Houston takes away from the conference more than it adds to it. They'll take talent from Texas and the other schools like OU, Okie State, TCU, etc. and they don't add a market the Big 12 doesn't already have. But at the same time if they let another conference snatch them up then that conference gets an in to the Houston area and all that talent. Prolly gonna have to bite the bullet and invite them.

Good ole Big Game Bob strikes yet again. :D

#15 Houston 33 - 23 #3 Choke-la-homa (and it wasn't that close really)

This will likely rid us of ole head-nailed-to-da-flor... :cool:

Reactions: oozie7
I've said it for the last few years. Bob has been at OU too long. His time is up. You can be at a place too long and that is exactly what has happened. The OU program has gone stale.

Reactions: nail1988
Big 12 made a mistake when they decided to emulate the arena league. They get shocked when someone actually plays defense in these OOC matchups.

I couldn't understand why OU was so highly ranked coming into this year. Clemson slapped them around the last 2 years.

I've said it for the last few years. Bob has been at OU too long. His time is up. You can be at a place too long and that is exactly what has happened. The OU program has gone stale.

Surprised Steve didn't warn him about being at one place too long.

But then again, Bob built a multi-Million dollar home in Norman Oklahoma not long ago.

Even the Guy who replaces him wouldn't be able to afford that place.

Big 12 made a mistake when they decided to emulate the arena league. They get shocked when someone actually plays defense in these OOC matchups.

I couldn't understand why OU was so highly ranked coming into this year. Clemson slapped them around the last 2 years.

because they have loads of talent, just like the LSU's and Mark Richts of the world... it's always the coaching that wastes these teams

Errrr... he was in the playoff like 7 months ago. It is amazing what happened to his defenses, though. He's never figured out the spread, and that's all anyone plays out west.

No we figured out the spread...he just applied it to the offense.

He hasn't done good defense in over 10 years.

No we figured out the spread...he just applied it to the offense.

He hasn't done good defense in over 10 years.

It's amazing. He beat FSU for the NCAA champ. with like 3 first downs for the game. Now he whips the ball all over the place and can't stop anyone. His brother's eyes looked liked they were going to pop out of their sockets about six different times watching Houston's offense.

I promise that if you asked anyone younger than 21 what side of the ball Stoops coached, you'd be hard pressed to get the answer "defense."

Wish he was our coach. He's an actual offensive guru, unlike the false bill of goods Foley bought.

Good ole Big Game Bob strikes yet again. :D

#15 Houston 33 - 23 #3 Choke-la-homa (and it wasn't that close really)

This will likely rid us of ole head-nailed-to-da-flor... :cool:

You ain't getting of the Choklehoman that easy instant-hen. :pI ain't skeered. I'm here for the long haul.:D

Houston is a solid team ( as free shoes found out) and we made WAY too many bonehead mistakes to win on the road.

13 points off defensive personal fouls
7 points off special teams implosion
7 off a Fumble ( should have been overturned)
first half couldn't get off the field on 3rd down 6 for 6 ( defense only allowed 73 total yards second half)
OC abandoned the run with arguably with 2 of the best back in the nation ( 12 carries for both) BRAVO SIERRA
Mayfield not getting rid of the ball to open receivers... looking for too many Heisman moments ( kiss that goodbye)
The offense cost OU the game:oops:

No excuse..Stoop's crapped the bed again and didn't have his team prepared against a team playing their super bowl. We will see what OU is made of when we play OSU:confused::confused:

Congrats on a impressive win against the 3rd worst team in Division one by 17 points. 35 point spread at home? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Glass houses...the Lizzerds have some real issues on offense again and this years defense is not even close to as good as the 2015 unit. :eek:

Del Rio is way below average and will become a problem ( hope the freshmen is ready)
Offensive line on the right side is awful
Lizzerds need to try and establish the run.The running back committee must stop. 25 is the best
front 7 is not near as strong as last year unit and secondary has some holes.
The lizzerds have a lot of issues ( I would be worried and wouldn't be polishing a turd)

Be thankful the S$C east is garbage this year and you play more OOC cupcakes @ home. o_O

Last edited:
Why would Texas allow Houston into the Big12 when they can just hire Tom Herman?

If they lose to Notre Dame tonight, the calls to replace Charlie Strong will be deafening.

I figure that Tom has already gotten a call from tennis-sea, offering him the head coaching job and the governorship of tennis-sea as a signing bonus... :D

Rumor is Texas is the job Herman wants.

And in this case, I can't blame him, can you?

Nobody really wants to go to ole sloppy-drop in no-Knox tennis-sea, even for the vast sums that they're willing to pay to get them to come there. It's now where coaches go to end their careers in disgrace.... (just ask Derri-lick Doo-little) :D

If the LSU season does not improve, I wonder if they will make another run at Jimbo?

You had to go there. :)

I think Tom Herman would be a PERFECT fit at LSU! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I don't think LSU can afford to pay off Miles' contract while outbidding Texas. And I'm sure he'd rather be in Austin anyway.

If the LSU season does not improve, I wonder if they will make another run at Jimbo?
Besides "muh sec" I've never seen a legitimate reason why Jimbo would go to LSU. I guess easy mode recruiting with no in state competition is nice.

LSU is also facing severe budget cuts, and yes I know that the school is separate from athletics it's still hard to justify paying a coach 7mil, which is what it would take to get Jimbo, when you are cutting programs and letting professors go.

They might be stuck with Les no matter what.

Houston is for real

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT