ADVERTISEMENT

So, CFP SCENARIOS: Bama wins close, undefeateds win?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
So, let’s say Bama beats Georgia 38-37 on a last second F.G. and Michigan, Washington and FSU all win, who’s your 4 teams? I got Bama over FSU. Better team NOW is Bama. Win over #1 vs. a Travis less FSU who managed 232 yards vs U.S.? Close Auburn win or not, Bama won. Come join the SEC and see if you go 12-0 Norvell. Next year will they punish the SEC for
taking Texas and Oklahoma? The A.C.C. LFOL adds SMU, Stanford and Cal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
It's going to be the PAC 12 winner, MI, FSU if they win and the SECCG winner imo. That will create a big backlash about TX being left out though if Bama does win. The commitee will argue the Georgia win and TX bad loss was the deciding factor.

Logic is flawed.

Auburn got blown out by NM State, and Bama needs a miracle to win.

FSU lost their QB and wins by 9. ( Lets face it Brown is as good as the Auburn QB lol).

I understand the FSU hate, perfectly acceptable.

Bigger question is why punish Georgia for losing by 1 ? Once again, Bama lost, at home, by double digits and Texas could have scored again but chose to kneel.

The CFP committee told you all you needed to know last week. Bama needs a lot of chaos and a big win over Georgia IMO.

PS- No-one hates the ACC more than Nole fans. But they were 6-4 against the SEC this year. And yes, as always, we know they were scrub SEC teams against the ACC's best teams......:rolleyes:

So, let’s say Bama beats Georgia 38-37 on a last second F.G. and Michigan, Washington and FSU all win, who’s your 4 teams? I got Bama over FSU. Better team NOW is Bama. Win over #1 vs. a Travis less FSU who managed 232 yards vs U.S.? Close Auburn win or not, Bama won. Come join the SEC and see if you go 12-0 Norvell. Next year will they punish the SEC for
The more reasonable member, pun intended, of this dynamic duo thinks that no one is willing to punish FSU for their QB having a series ending injury. If they beat the Cards, they're locked in.

Reactions: goldmom
Logic is flawed.

Auburn got blown out by NM State, and Bama needs a miracle to win.

FSU lost their QB and wins by 9. ( Lets face it Brown is as good as the Auburn QB lol).

I understand the FSU hate, perfectly acceptable.

Bigger question is why punish Georgia for losing by 1 ? Once again, Bama lost, at home, by double digits and Texas could have scored again but chose to kneel.

The CFP committee told you all you needed to know last week. Bama needs a lot of chaos and a big win over Georgia IMO.

PS- No-one hates the ACC more than Nole fans. But they were 6-4 against the SEC this year. And yes, as always, we know they were scrub SEC teams against the ACC's best teams......:rolleyes:
If FSU beats the Ville you can't leave them out. So if Washington wins, Michigan wins, FSU wins, Texas wins, and bama wins a close one against uga, then Bama should be out. They needed a fluke miracle to beat a bad auburn team, not to mention they almost lost at home to Arkansas and were up only 7 against usf late in the 4th q.

Well we shall see…we did okay against the SEC this year with the two teams on our schedule…
neither one was at home…
I hope the Dawgs woodshed the Bammers. No team with two losses should be in the conversation this year.

For Bama to make it they need a convincing win and an FSU loss. They probably need a Texas loss as well.
Hate to say it, but Oregon beats Washington, Ville beats the nolies, Michigan wins, texas wins and Bama wins a close one against the puppies. So then its texas, michigan, bama and pups.

If FSU beats the Ville you can't leave them out. So if Washington wins, Michigan wins, FSU wins, Texas wins, and bama wins a close one against uga, then Bama should be out. They needed a fluke miracle to beat a bad auburn team, not to mention they almost lost at home to Arkansas and were up only 7 against usf late in the 4th q.

Oregon won't be left out either if they win.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

Bama needed a miracle to beat a 5 win Auburn team LOL tf games are you watching? We would trounce bama with Rodemaker

It’s gonna be hard for Bama to jump Texas. What with Texas taking Oklahoma State to the woodshed and owning a win over Bama in Tuscaloosa.

Yep that helps make them not pull some crap. The perfect scenario is Georgia and FSU both lose and are eliminated.

If Bama wins they should get in because they are SEC champs and beat a team that hasnt lost in 2.5 years if FSU loses plus why are we starting threads about every team when we have a playoff scenario thread?

If Bama wins they should get in because they are SEC champs and beat a team that hasnt lost in 2.5 years if FSU loses plus why are we starting threads about every team when we have a playoff scenario thread?

Texas beat them..... Georgia played a soft schedule all yr.

And the sec has had its worst yr in 15 yrs

If FSU loses and I hope they do then final 4 are Michigan, Washington, Georgia and Alabama. The committee will keep Georgia and Bama away from each other so they arent first round matchups. We do have a college playoff thread that this should be discussed in. NO need to create a thread for every team.

This is the ultimate scenario, Meatchicken, UW, TexAss and Southern Methodist U.

If FSU loses and I hope they do then final 4 are Michigan, Washington, Georgia and Alabama. The committee will keep Georgia and Bama away from each other so they arent first round matchups. We do have a college playoff thread that this should be discussed in. NO need to create a thread for every team.
So they screw Texas?

My bad, I thought the game was at Texas Stadium but either way if FSU loses then I hope Bama is IN
It’s fine. I knew only because , one I live in Alabama and two, bama fans around here have been bemoaning that home loss to Texas for several weeks now.

Reactions: goldmom
Florida defense staff needs to go visit Iowa. I mean there is no where to throw. Their DBs and lbs eyes are all on the qb. No pass interference and nothing deep.

Michigan & Washington are in. I hope FSU is out, but an undefeated P5 champ not getting in seems a stretch. And they can't put Bama in over Texas can they? Georgia & Ohio State are definitely out of it this year. It's just a questions of which 2 of the 3 get in between Alabama, Texas & FSU. Somebody is going to be really upset however it shakes out.

Reactions: Gator Fever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT