ADVERTISEMENT

House overwhelmingly votes to ban TikTok. What will Shumer do?

I wish they’d kill it.. this is a terrible bill. Giving the President authority to shut down a website just cause.

Reactions: RussellCasse
I keep being told we aren’t bad guys. This bill is very anti free speech. Patriot Act says hello. Amirite @DCandtheUTBand ?

American “Democracy” at work again. The constitution is over with, and has been for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: NavigatorII
YAS LAWD FINALLY.

@RussellCasse the bill as written is crap but Tiktok needs to be banned. The Chinese government is using all this data for their facial recognition and deepfake technology, which is already the best in the world and it's not close.

Needs a rewrite.

Make it about national security or use any number of loopholes from HIPPA. but tiktok should be banned from the phones of military and anyone with a security clearance in the interests of national security.

YAS LAWD FINALLY.

@RussellCasse the bill as written is crap but Tiktok needs to be banned. The Chinese government is using all this data for their facial recognition and deepfake technology, which is already the best in the world and it's not close.

Needs a rewrite.

Make it about national security or use any number of loopholes from HIPPA. but tiktok should be banned from the phones of military and anyone with a security clearance in the interests of national security.
MUCH deeper than this. They are also controlling what our children see, as most of them use this as their only "news" source. So in effect...they are controlling their minds.

Reactions: BCSpell
I don’t think protecting kids from Chyna would activate the uniparty., there is another that would.

I’m not going out on a
Limb because I haven’t read the bill but it does seem like it needs a cleanup.
I thought the major effort was to force the sale to an American company?

YAS LAWD FINALLY.

Needs a rewrite.

Then they simply could have banned tik tok. Yet they didn’t. Why do you think that is?

Instead, they passed a bill that says…

Mark my words. This is Patriot Act all over again. Get the citizens worked up about Tik Tok, while other companies are doing the same crap, in the name of “fear”. Let daddy Government protect you.

Then they simply could have banned tik tok. Yet they didn’t. Why do you think that is?

Instead, they passed a bill that says…

Mark my words. This is Patriot Act all over again. Get the citizens worked up about Tik Tok, while other companies are doing the same crap, in the name of “fear”. Let daddy Government protect you.

I hadn't read the bill all the way thru. Yup, you're dead on balls with this.

Hopefully someone on SCOTUS is awake at the switch.

So I'm thinking X will be the first target?

I would have been open to the idea of banning it. But we also have Other companies selling data to China. What concerns me, is that this comes on the heels of Missouri v Biden.

Is this just our political classes way around it? Sure seems like it.

I’m not going out on a
That is my understanding and the concern is what the CCP is doing with the data and how they are using our kids.

My thing is, it’s a parents job.
Unfortunately....does not happen very often. And I get the other side argument...but I DAMN sure do not want China, our enemy controlling a social media platform in the USA for MANY, MANY reasons. Also do not want them to own property near top secret military installations...which they have been buying up for years.

Unfortunately....does not happen very often. And I get the other side argument...but I DAMN sure do not want China, our enemy controlling a social media platform in the USA for MANY, MANY reasons. Also do not want them to own property near top secret military installations...which they have been buying up for years.

Correct. Many parents don’t do their job. Unfortunately, I don’t trust our government either. For good reason.

I agree with u on property.

I’m not going out on a
How may people on here actually read any bill? Very damn few I'd imagine. I don't unless it's about firearms or immigration and that's painful enough. Generally speakings Americans are pretty stupid but now I'm starting to sound like Mdfgator which is scary.

YAS LAWD FINALLY.

Needs a rewrite.

It's not really to ban, it's to force a sell. Apparently, they asked Tiktok to sell and they refuse. Grindr was told the same, and they did.

The biggest problem is probably the I Phone with their software allowing hacking of phones through a backdoor. Hell, they are made in China, maybe that might be a clue? 😂 I don't know who manufactures the androids. I've still got a flip phone because I HATE PHONES! 😂

297.png

This. Force a sale.

They could not own NBC.

I happen to think that some of the best, funniest content HAPPENS to get posted to TikTok, but they can go to any other platform.

Reactions: goldmom

exactly, the bill is censorship, period. you really cannot make this shit up.

Or this...

Wait,

The Trump Family owns businesses in China? Weird. You really do have TDS bigly eh? His corruption with China was and is so big that he imposed Tariffs on china and would do it again.

You know, the country that colluded with Fauci to oust him. Weird that they like him so much that they wanted him gone.

You really aren’t very good at this are you?

Not good enough? How about one of your favorites? But hey, let’s not let a made up counter narrative get in the way of Facts.

So…back to current affairs…

Our government is soooo worried about China spying on us with Tik Tok that they:

-Let Chinese spy balloons slowly float across America.
-Let record numbers of Chinese nationals freely cross our border.
-Ignore that Eric Swalwell dated a Chinese spy.
-Ignore that Dianne Feinstein employed a Chinese spy for 20 years.
-Do nothing about Hunter and the 'big guy' having multi-million dollar deals with a CCP connected energy company.

Nothing to see here... everyone move along.

💊 counter lives matter

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for the Trumpers to acknowledge that Trump changed a policy position because of a donor. I was told that he never does that @fatman76 🤨.
So Trump is "changing policy positions" for a $2700 donation in 2016?

You really need to do better research.

He's also donated to John Kerry, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

And it's good to see that you still don't understand what a trademark is, even after I've explained it to you multiple times.

Wait,

The Trump Family owns businesses in China? Weird. You really do have TDS bigly eh? His corruption with China was and is so big that he imposed Tariffs on china and would do it again.

You know, the country that colluded with Fauci to oust him. Weird that they like him so much that they wanted him gone.

You really aren’t very good at this are you?

Not good enough? How about one of your favorites? But hey, let’s not let a made up counter narrative get in the way of Facts.

So…back to current affairs…

Our government is soooo worried about China spying on us with Tik Tok that they:

-Let Chinese spy balloons slowly float across America.
-Let record numbers of Chinese nationals freely cross our border.
-Ignore that Eric Swalwell dated a Chinese spy.
-Ignore that Dianne Feinstein employed a Chinese spy for 20 years.
-Do nothing about Hunter and the 'big guy' having multi-million dollar deals with a CCP connected energy company.

Nothing to see here... everyone move along.

💊 counter lives matter
These dolts don't even understand the issue.

TikTok installs tracking software on your phone. China is collecting a crapload of data on users. I have no idea what they are doing with it, but they aren't collecting it for fun.

Furthermore, they adjust the algorithms to the US market to show less than desirable behavior, while the Chinese version (Douyin) shows kids content about excelling in school, doing good things for society and improving themselves (as well as Chinese gov't propaganda).

It's part of an effort to rot our young people willingly while they enhance theirs.

China is an enemy, why is anyone defending going after TikTok?

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT