ADVERTISEMENT

Why the ouster of McCarthy will cost Republicans the House

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
There are 18 Republicans in Congress representing districts won by Biden in 2020, Five are from California and six from NY including the F'd up George Santos. How these 18 Congressmen vote for the next leader as well as their actions (not governing) afterward will probably doom many of them, enough to flip the House. (BTW there are only 5 Democrats in the House in districts won by Trump.) The Republican Party is a basically a reality TV show featuring circular firing squads.

There are 18 Republicans in Congress representing districts won by Biden in 2020, Five are from California and six from NY including the F'd up George Santos. How these 18 Congressmen vote for the next leader as well as their actions (not governing) afterward will probably doom many of them, enough to flip the House. (BTW there are only 5 Democrats in the House in districts won by Trump.) The Republican Party is a basically a reality TV show featuring circular firing squads.
So this is more important than inflation, high gas prices, open borders, loss of energy independence, struggling housing market, high rates...etc? LOLOLOL OK...thanks for letting us in on your political affiliation! LOLOL

Your points would be more on target if you would admit the entire House is a clown circus.

Reactions: Mdfgator
So this is more important than inflation, high gas prices, open borders, loss of energy independence, struggling housing market, high rates...etc? LOLOLOL OK...thanks for letting us in on your political affiliation! LOLOL
Dealing with these issues is very important, it is called governing. You make my point that the Republican led Congress is unable to govern. What has this Congress done to resolve any of those issues? Nada...

Reactions: emekz1
Why losing McCarthy as speaker means we will go from a pub governing as a dem, to a dem governing as a dem.

So nothing is going to change? Other than you still being asleep.

Dealing with these issues is very important, it is called governing. You make my point that the Republican led Congress is unable to govern. What has this Congress done to resolve any of those issues? Nada...
OHHHH...so CONGRESS runs the Country? Well DAMN...I thought that is why we elected a PRESIDENT!! I guess the democratic congress made us energy independent, 2 dollar gas and closed borders? GTFO son.....You are so far out of your league here. Start a thread with DMF, Theo and Bsuck..for the slow...you guys will all get along well

Reactions: RussellCasse
Typical Republican response, deflect from the issues by blaming Democrats. It's hilarious to think that Democrats were behind McCarthy's ouster.
It’s a job for the fed not Congress these issues stem from monetary policies. Easy money. Real rates are now at 2.65% highest since 2007. 2020 they were -2.5. Bay shit crazy.

It’s a job for the fed not Congress these issues stem from monetary policies. Easy money. Real rates are now at 2.65% highest since 2007. 2020 they were -2.5. Bay shit crazy.
You for once are correct. Rates will probably not go down as low as they were ever again. We MAY see home mortgage rates in the 5's again...but I do not see them in the 2's ever again.

You for once are correct. Rates will probably not go down as low as they were ever again. We MAY see home mortgage rates in the 5's again...but I do not see them in the 2's ever again.
They won’t, unless trump gets in, that was insanity. 7 is pretty rank and file historically..

Typical Republican response, deflect from the issues by blaming Democrats. It's hilarious to think that Democrats were behind McCarthy's ouster.
Without the DEMS, there would be no ouster. Traditionally, when it involves issues of a party's leadership, the opposing party would simply vote "present" and let the Repubs resolve their own Leadership issues. If they had done that, then McCarthy would still be Speaker as he had something like 96% of the Repubs vote for him. BUT in this case, ALL the DEMS voted to remove him, joining the 8 Repubs votes to win.

michael-keaton.gif

I have finally figured out what Gaetz did. And even though I personally do not like him, he did exactly what a REAL conservative should have done. Fired a guy that sleeps w the enemy

Reactions: Gator Fever
This aged well.

You want your crow grilled, blackened or fried?

I make a mean comeback sauce, I recommend fried.

How did I miss this thread? This is about as good as that stupid thread being locked not long ago. 🤣 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT