ADVERTISEMENT

Hope everyone in the path of Ian emerges unscathed

My wife I had to cancel an anniversary week in North Redington Beach because of Ian. Looks like most of the peninsula is going to get some of it, some worse than others. The prediction right now for Ocala is 40-65 mph winds for about a day and a half and 8-12 inches of rain. Probably lose power for a few days. Would hate to be in the Ft. Myers/Sarasota area the next couple of days!!

I lived in Tampa for Irma. She moved east much like this one so it wasn’t that bad. Just maddening winds for several hours. But Lakeland and Orlando took it in the face.

Best of luck to you all.
Hope everyone gets to safety. My family had to evacuate because of Hugo when we lived in Jacksonville. Storm surge was projected to push a wall of water down the StJohns river. Also had to repair after Andrew winds put a pine tree trough the roof of my house while living in Plant City. Hurricanes are not to be taken lightly. Mother Nature can be a bitch!
Stay safe

Got directly hit by 2 major hurricanes in 2004. I think they both hit at about 130 mph but one was moving so slow you got pounded for over 24 hours. Out of range to get much from this one.

Update 7:20a.m. - Fox News just said that the Sheriff in Lee County says fatalities are in the 100’s.

I know we all go at it on here but I hope everyone is ok especially around where the Eye Wall hit. We are near Tampa and got Hurricane force winds and they weren’t fun. The dog had to poop and she did in probably 50mph winds. They are showing some of the hardest hit areas and Tampa was lucky. If Ian came in by the Bayshore area there would be a lot of rich people w/o houses.

2.4 MILLION people without power. I still have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I'm the luckiest guy in the world here - in a master planned community near the airport. So drainage is 100% legit and I'm on the same grid as the airport, which never goes down. Praying for others!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT