ADVERTISEMENT

He walked off the field!!!

When should we expect an update on condition?

Any chance Mac was over exaggerating? Not sure why he would, but just hoping for something positive today.

Not sure but him walking like that is what scares me. He either misses just one game or the whole season I am thinking.

I'm not a doctor but I do play one on message boards. Imho his walking off has no bearing whatsoever on the degree of sprain or tear suffered in the knee. The only injury that's almost always a certainty to be a cart off is a break.

He's definitely gone for the entire season, cause coaches NEVER sandbag the coming opponent! And that FINAL!!! :cool:

Unconfirmed rumors have him missing two weeks
Now confirmed;

Florida quarterback Luke Del Rio's left knee injury may not be as serious as originally feared, at least according to a news report on Saturday.

GridironNow.com's Mike Huguenin reports that Del Rio has a sprained MCL that "will keep him out for at least two games." Huguenin reports that Del Rio "should be back" for the team's game against LSU on Oct. 8.

"It doesn’t look great, so you know what, we’ll do whatever," coach Jim McElwain said after the game. "Somebody else will play, we’ll get some guys ready and move forward and get ready to go play next week. It should be really exciting."

The Gators travel to face the rival Volunteers this weekend in Knoxville, Tenn., with Purdue graduate transfer Austin Appleby expected to start in Del Rio's place. Appleby will be backed up by either true freshman Kyle Trask or Feleipe Franks.

"You want to come here and get an opportunity to play, but you don't want to see one of your friends get hurt," Appleby said Saturday night. "My heart goes out to him, and I'm confident and I'm prayerful that he'll be back with us very shortly and we'll get some good news on him."

Happy-by to start, a foregone conclusion.

Intercepton maching Franks to only play if Happy-by goes done injured.

Useless backup clipboard holder Trask will not play, even if both of the others go down. They will instead play walkon Gronto V, because he was at least a HS starter... :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT