ADVERTISEMENT

Harsh Reality...

RentechCEO said:
To the butthurt tapdancer. Thanks for the funny. It was a long day at work. Hey, we know good entertainment when we see it hence we come over here to watch it. :)

To the many 'brain-dead little brother wannabees' from that SoW:
Admitting that nothing good ever happens in tallycrappy. :(
Admitting that good things and good entertainment happen in G-ville. :)
Admitting that the Gator board is worth being on, while the reFSUcks snore-rant board is worth always being absent from. :cool:

I wonder if the HS recruits will lock in on those two opposing realities?

Well, the smart ones will, but the Deion Rule Clowns will always end up with the criminoles in poor ole tallycrappy. o_O

15326601_10212090228640249_1674827982437787157_n.jpg

And I really can't believe we're about to try to sign him. Doesn't give a lot of confidence about the dudes that are here. And I'm not seeing how he fits unless Mac has made up his mind to bring in a new OC? Zeir is a spread option QB. More athlete than anything and not that accurate. If they hated Treon not sure why he's an option.

They were discussing this on TOS as well. Baldwin brought in tempo and true spread dynamics and that is not Mac. Mac prefers this crap offense he and Nuss run. Baldwin also wanted more mobility in his QBs. Mac is not going to bring excitement here. This may be why there could be interest in parting ways. imo, unless Mac is ready to dump his philosophy, I think this is what we are going to see for the forseeable future

You *are* smart enough to realize that this is a Gator board? I am beginning to wonder.
I'm here because this is a Gator Board but that doesn't mean every Gator responds to my posts. Thankfully, you are quite predictable hence it increases the entertainment value. Your butt-hurt minuet is quite marvelous, please continue!

To the many 'brain-dead little brother wannabees' from that SoW:
Admitting that nothing good ever happens in tallycrappy. :(
Admitting that good things and good entertainment happen in G-ville. :)

I wonder if the HS recruits will lock in on those two opposing realities?
Well, the smart ones will, but the Deion Rule Clowns will always end up with the criminoles in poor ole tallycrappy. o_O
You crazy bruff.

That must have sucked when the fryer went down.
Yeah I had to send two of my UF educated assistances out to get a new one. They can't read the manual so they don't know how to maintain it. Hope they can find their way back, I have businesses to run.

The two b2b SECe titles should keep Mac through year 4 unless year 3 is similar to 2013. Even then Muschamp got a mulligan and stayed an additional season. With the SECe being so bad it is a race for least worse team. Looking at the schedule UF should still finish with at least 7 wins. LSU, aTm, Tenn, Vandy all at home. The 'easier' division games on the road, USCe/KY. The toughest games are at a neutral site, Mich, and at home, FSU. I see Mac hanging around for at least four years, imo.

Please no - 3 straight 4 loss seasons should never be acceptable at UF especially if the recruiting isnt up to par.

I think you need to look at the starting point when Mac took over. Unless the new AD feels otherwise, Mac was brought in at a time to fix an offense that was really lacking in just about all departments. Without an offense UF has won the SECe his first two seasons. That will carry a lot of weight for Mac. There are some young Qbs that will probably need a couple seasons for the new AD to evaluate the trajectory of the overall program. Even if Mac were to falter in year three he still has two division titles to prop him up for a fourth season.

Now, beyond year four is fair game, imo. If the offense shows signs of life and the defense can remain good to very good then Mac could be your longer term guy. I just do not see him gone any time soon.

Last edited:
I think you guys are being overly pessimistic.

You may not be competing for national championships, but a 10 win, followed by a 8/9 win season isn't that bad, especially when recovering from the hole that Muschamp dug. This is actually the same trajectory that Jimbo took the Noles on during his first two seasons. It wasn't until 2012 that things started to turn around.

One silver lining about being curb stomped by Bama is that you'll end up in an lower bowl, where you get an easier opponent and likely end with a respectable 9 win season.

Don't be too quick to kick McElwain to the curb for only winning 8-9 games per year. You could end up the same boat that programs like Tennessee, Georgia and Texas are in. They assumed that their coach was underperforming, and that their programs were above that, only to find themselves in a situation where 8-9 wins would be an improvement.

I think you need to look at the starting point when Mac took over. Unless the new AD feels otherwise, Mac was brought in at a time to fix an offense that was really lacking in just about all departments. Without an offense UF has won the SECe his first two seasons. That will carry a lot of weight for Mac. There are some young Qbs that will probably need a couple seasons for the new AD to evaluate the trajectory of the overall program. Even if Mac were to falter in year three he still has two division titles to prop him up for a fourth season.

Now, beyond year four is fair game, imo. If the offense shows signs of life and the defense can remain good to very good then Mac could be your longer term guy. I just do not see him gone any time soon.

Get over the "back to back East title" thing. it really doesn't impress, not at all.

Like you said, he was brought to fix the offense, and well, it ain't close to fixed.

Going to year three, and STILL no QB, still looking at transfers. And even if he finds one, what is he going to do with him?

Now we're supposed to see how year four goes before we judge? Dammit...I remember when Gators fans gave a spit, they expected to win, they were pissed about one or two loss seasons, they were pissed about wins that were closer than expected, but now we are complacent with multiple embarrassing losses every year. WTF.

Yeah I had to send two of my UF educated assistances out to get a new one. They can't read the manual so they don't know how to maintain it. Hope they can find their way back, I have businesses to run.
Come on, you need to step up your game

End this never-ending misery in the best, quickest, and easiest way possible.
Shut down the football program completely and immediately.

Get over the "back to back East title" thing. it really doesn't impress, not at all.

Like you said, he was brought to fix the offense, and well, it ain't close to fixed.

Going to year three, and STILL no QB, still looking at transfers. And even if he finds one, what is he going to do with him?

Now we're supposed to see how year four goes before we judge? Dammit...I remember when Gators fans gave a spit, they expected to win, they were pissed about one or two loss seasons, they were pissed about wins that were closer than expected, but now we are complacent with multiple embarrassing losses every year. WTF.

Well, what if Franks/Trask can be somewhat close to what Grier was doing prior to him getting caught popping the wrong pills? Mac went hard after Franks thinking he was the future. Flipped him from LSU. He may take a lump or two next season, but the schedule is still relatively favorable between the first and last games of the regular season.

Well, what if Franks/Trask can be somewhat close to what Grier was doing prior to him getting caught popping the wrong pills? Mac went hard after Franks thinking he was the future. Flipped him from LSU. He may take a lump or two next season, but the schedule is still relatively favorable between the first and last games of the regular season.

No-NO! Neither of them deserve even a look on a game day.
Strip their ships and dump them both in favor of 2 more xfer failures from the nuttless of neutered lame, and defunct Bay-lore's program. That's the ticket. After-all, it worked so good in 2016, so why change things for 3 totally untested freshmen. Franks rsFr, Trask rsFr, or Allen Fr.

I think you guys are being overly pessimistic.

You may not be competing for national championships, but a 10 win, followed by a 8/9 win season isn't that bad, especially when recovering from the hole that Muschamp dug. This is actually the same trajectory that Jimbo took the Noles on during his first two seasons. It wasn't until 2012 that things started to turn around.

One silver lining about being curb stomped by Bama is that you'll end up in an lower bowl, where you get an easier opponent and likely end with a respectable 9 win season.

Don't be too quick to kick McElwain to the curb for only winning 8-9 games per year. You could end up the same boat that programs like Tennessee, Georgia and Texas are in. They assumed that their coach was underperforming, and that their programs were above that, only to find themselves in a situation where 8-9 wins would be an improvement.

You're not completely wrong. The difference is though that while Jimbo was building he was bringing in monster classes. And they were improving little by little. You can't say that about us. There's been no improvement and in fact our offenses are worse now than Muschamp's were. And to top it off the recruiting is really bad. So how exactly is it gonna get better? Talent is half the battle and we're getting out recruited by 7-8 teams on our schedule.

You're not completely wrong. The difference is though that while Jimbo was building he was bringing in monster classes. And they were improving little by little. You can't say that about us. There's been no improvement and in fact our offenses are worse now than Muschamp's were. And to top it off the recruiting is really bad. So how exactly is it gonna get better? Talent is half the battle and we're getting out recruited by 7-8 teams on our schedule.

Do you think the D drops off next year or has the exodus of talent without adequate backfill been greatly exaggerated?

Do you think the D drops off next year or has the exodus of talent without adequate backfill been greatly exaggerated?

Both. Don't think we're gonna have a defense outside the top 50 or anything but I don't think the lack of back fill is exaggerated either. If things hold like they are we shouldn't have signed a DT in 3 straight classes. That's just unbelievable to me. LB recruiting has been mediocre too. Our starters will still be good but there will be zero proven depth.

Both. Don't think we're gonna have a defense outside the top 50 or anything but I don't think the lack of back fill is exaggerated either. If things hold like they are we shouldn't have signed a DT in 3 straight classes. That's just unbelievable to me. LB recruiting has been mediocre too. Our starters will still be good but there will be zero proven depth.

Chances of Brantley staying/leaving? Any other defenders leaving early? What is your projected starting defense for 2017?

Maye, Tabor and Wilson are all top round NFL picks. I can't see where there win't be some drop off there. That will put more pressure on a line that has not adequately been addressed

Chances of Brantley staying/leaving? Any other defenders leaving early? What is your projected starting defense for 2017?

Who knows until they declare. If I'm a defensive player I don't return their stock can't really get any higher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT