ADVERTISEMENT

Happy MLK Day

He supports abortion and gay marriage. He and his administration are actively promoting both of them which is completely against the Catholic faith.

Are you saying that if you advocate for murder, tell people to murder, say murder is okay then you are not actually pro-murder just because you yourself have no murdered someone?

Man, I am really trying to have a respectful conversation here. I have been anything but vague. I said that he was not a faithful Catholic because he actively supports and promotes positions which the Catholic church has said are wrong and have actually fought to deny Biden the Eucharist which would put his soul in mortal and eternal danger if he died not in a state of grace. That is a pretty big rebuke from the church.

I suspect he himself has not had an abortion and using your logic, since he is not his wife, whether she had one is irrelevant. As for adultery, that was never a basis of me questioning your assertion that he was a faithful Catholic.

I keep trying to stay on the original subject and it seems you keep trying to morph the conversation into a different issue. Maybe I am wrong, but I have cross-examined far too many people in my life to get thrown off an issue that easily, lol.

Simple question: if someone rejects and actively promotes actions and choices which go against the teachings of a religious organization, would you call them "faithful" to that particular religious organization? - And don't try to say that the Catholic church's teachings are different than Jesus because that was not your original assertion. :)
Ah, a lawyer, that explains it. You are arguing for your clients position without recognizing the counter argument.

I thought I have been clear, but apparently you still aren’t getting it. Let me try again. There is a big difference in following your Church‘s teaching in your private life and trying to force those positions on the rest of the population. He can be against abortion personally, while allowing other nonCatholics or Christians to make their own choice. That is the law of the land that he obligated to follow in his job. Do I wish he would be more forcefully antiAbortion, sure. But there is no politician that I agree 100% with. By the law of the land, abortion is not murder, nor is the death penalty, which I assume he opposes as well.

I am against homosexuals being married in my Church, but I don’t really care about civil marriages. It doesn’t lesson my own. I wouldn’t pass a law against contraception. That doesn’t mean I support it.

I would be against anyone, Catholic, Protestant Muslim or atheist that tried to force his personal religion on the populous. That is what our founding fathers were afraid of.

PS. The “Church“ hasn’t denied him the Eurcharist. He even received it from the Pope. You know not of what you speak.

Last edited:
So you think that Jesus changed or did away with the Jewish law? Then he must have been stuttering or lost his mind when he said:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." Matthew 5 : 17-20

Last time I checked, heaven and earth have yet to pass away.

I am not busting your chops, I am just trying to point out that you cannot claim that you admire, like, trust, or follow Jesus and his teachings (assuming you do) without also knowing and understanding his full teaching and how he relates to the old testament. If you think you can throw out one of the Torah because you don't like it and think it was written by an old angry dude (Moses inspired directly by God) then you have to basically throw out the entire old and new testament because they were all written by people, not Jesus directly.
Ah, so you follow Leviticus‘ teachings on animal sacrifices, eating shellfish, pigs, and rabbit, treatment of slaves? And believe God kills those who make him unhappy and the punishment for blasphemy is death? Good for you.

Sorry, I don’t. I am not a literalist. Especially considering the questionable sources of the Old Testament. I don’t shut off my brain when I read the bible, but rather take it for the times it was written and research it’s sources.

Do you trust all third party witnesses who say they were “inspired by God” therefore take them at their word.

Last edited:
Ah, a lawyer, that explains it. You are arguing for your clients position without recognizing the counter argument.

I thought I have been clear, but apparently you still aren’t getting it. Let me try again. There is a big difference in following your Church‘s teaching in your private life and trying to force those positions on the rest of the population. He can be against abortion personally, while allowing other nonCatholics or Christians to make their own choice. That is the law of the land that he obligated to follow in his job. Do I wish he would be more forcefully antiAbortion, sure. But there is no politician that I agree 100% with. By the law of the land, abortion is not murder, nor is the death penalty, which I assume he opposes as well.

I am against homosexuals being married in my Church, but I don’t really care about civil marriages. It doesn’t lesson my own. I wouldn’t pass a law against contraception. That doesn’t mean I support it.

I would be against anyone, Catholic, Protestant Muslim or atheist that tried to force his personal religion on the populous. That is what our founding fathers were afraid of.

PS. The “Church“ hasn’t denied him the Eurcharist. He even received it from the Pope. You know not of what you speak.
Now, now, we don't need to get into insults. I actually recognize counter positions better than most. You keep doing the same thing...answering a question I did not ask and side stepping the original topic. This all started with your statement that Biden was a "faithful Catholic" or don't you remember that? I merely pointed out that he was not faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church. He has done more than allow the law of the land stand, he has zealously advocated for abortion.

that is only one article...there are plenty more

As for homosexuality, you may recall the other thread where I said that the government should get out of marriage and let the individual churches decide.

No one is trying to force personal religion on anyone except the left who continually attempt to force people who do not subscribe to their causes to do things contrary to their religion...or do you choose to ignore that fact? Homosexuals have sued and tried to get anyone speaking against homosexuality fined or sent to prison for "hate speech." See what is happening in Canada right now.

Many bishops sought to deny Biden communion:

I never said he was denied it but that members in leadership in the Catholic Church wanted to deny it to him further demonstrating the fact that he was not a "faithful Catholic."

Sorry, but you cannot put words in my mouth, deflect the original conversation, or simply make comments unsupported by the actual facts and expect to get away with it. Unlike most, I have actually struggled through my beliefs, both sides, and found a cohesive Biblical worldview which I can defend. Can you?

As for saying abortion is the law of the land as if that makes it a settled issue, do you have the same opinion of the German's positions in 1939-1945 where they said that Jews and homosexuals were not people, did not have rights and chose to systematically exterminate those who they did not want? Sounds exactly like 2022 America with abortion. Don't hide behind immoral laws as justification unless you pardon everyone in history complicit in atrocities because that was the law of the land at the time. Question: if the white majority in this country decided to throw out current laws and go back to slavery, would that make slavery acceptable to you as the law of the land?

P.S. I really don't want to get into an insult throwing contest. I have tried to avoid that at all costs. I want every interaction I have to be cordial, respectful, and productive. Insulting each other does not advance understanding or anything productive.

Alabama still gonna Alabama.

LOL...I've written exactly two non-DUI related tickets thus far in my career.

...in Alabama.

Ah, so you follow Leviticus‘ teachings on animal sacrifices, eating shellfish, pigs, and rabbit, treatment of slaves? And believe God kills those who make him unhappy and the punishment for blasphemy is death? Good for you.

Sorry, I don’t. I am not a literalist. Especially considering the questionable sources of the Old Testament. I don’t shut off my brain when I read the bible, but rather take it for the times it was written and research it’s sources.

Do you trust all third party witnesses who say they were “inspired by God” therefore take them at their word.
Interesting...how do you decide what to believe and what to throw out? Your own personal feelings? If so, you are making up your own god and not following Jehovah or Jesus, if that is in fact what you are trying to do. IMHO.

I believe that God made all of us and is free to end our lives whenever he desires. Same as if I painted a piece of art, I, as the creator am free to burn it, smash it, deface it or anything else, but you are not. If God knows everything, he knows if someone will repent and choose him or not. I think that is what Paul was getting at by his passages on the "elect." He chose to make examples of certain people in the Old Testament and New when they did things against his will or in outright rebellion. That is not to say that He is not merciful since we all deserve death and eternal punishment for our sin.

I agree that some parts of the Bible are allegorical and some literal. I also agree we need to read the verses in context including from the perspective of the people of the day. See - we agree on a lot.

I trust the third party witnesses inspired by God in the bible since generations of people have vetted those books and I believe the Counsel of Nicaea was inspired by God in choosing which books were inspired and authoritative and which were not. Absent that, there would be absolutely no scripture and everyone would have a different opinion about God based on their personal beliefs. For any current person who says they are inspired by God...if their inspiration aligns with the Bible, then I have no problem with it. If it adds to the Bible or contradicts it in any way, I have a major problem with it.

Hope that answered your questions.

Now, now, we don't need to get into insults. I actually recognize counter positions better than most. You keep doing the same thing...answering a question I did not ask and side stepping the original topic. This all started with your statement that Biden was a "faithful Catholic" or don't you remember that? I merely pointed out that he was not faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church. He has done more than allow the law of the land stand, he has zealously advocated for abortion.

that is only one article...there are plenty more

As for homosexuality, you may recall the other thread where I said that the government should get out of marriage and let the individual churches decide.

No one is trying to force personal religion on anyone except the left who continually attempt to force people who do not subscribe to their causes to do things contrary to their religion...or do you choose to ignore that fact? Homosexuals have sued and tried to get anyone speaking against homosexuality fined or sent to prison for "hate speech." See what is happening in Canada right now.

Many bishops sought to deny Biden communion:

I never said he was denied it but that members in leadership in the Catholic Church wanted to deny it to him further demonstrating the fact that he was not a "faithful Catholic."

Sorry, but you cannot put words in my mouth, deflect the original conversation, or simply make comments unsupported by the actual facts and expect to get away with it. Unlike most, I have actually struggled through my beliefs, both sides, and found a cohesive Biblical worldview which I can defend. Can you?

As for saying abortion is the law of the land as if that makes it a settled issue, do you have the same opinion of the German's positions in 1939-1945 where they said that Jews and homosexuals were not people, did not have rights and chose to systematically exterminate those who they did not want? Sounds exactly like 2022 America with abortion. Don't hide behind immoral laws as justification unless you pardon everyone in history complicit in atrocities because that was the law of the land at the time. Question: if the white majority in this country decided to throw out current laws and go back to slavery, would that make slavery acceptable to you as the law of the land?

P.S. I really don't want to get into an insult throwing contest. I have tried to avoid that at all costs. I want every interaction I have to be cordial, respectful, and productive. Insulting each other does not advance understanding or anything productive.
Sigh. Yes, faithful Catholic in his private life. Youve presented nothing to dispute that. As I’ve pointed out, his job as president in not to promote Catholic teachings. If you don’t understand that by now, I give up.

And spare me the Nazi Germany comparisons. That’s beneath you.

Interesting...how do you decide what to believe and what to throw out? Your own personal feelings? If so, you are making up your own god and not following Jehovah or Jesus, if that is in fact what you are trying to do. IMHO.

I believe that God made all of us and is free to end our lives whenever he desires. Same as if I painted a piece of art, I, as the creator am free to burn it, smash it, deface it or anything else, but you are not. If God knows everything, he knows if someone will repent and choose him or not. I think that is what Paul was getting at by his passages on the "elect." He chose to make examples of certain people in the Old Testament and New when they did things against his will or in outright rebellion. That is not to say that He is not merciful since we all deserve death and eternal punishment for our sin.

I agree that some parts of the Bible are allegorical and some literal. I also agree we need to read the verses in context including from the perspective of the people of the day. See - we agree on a lot.

I trust the third party witnesses inspired by God in the bible since generations of people have vetted those books and I believe the Counsel of Nicaea was inspired by God in choosing which books were inspired and authoritative and which were not. Absent that, there would be absolutely no scripture and everyone would have a different opinion about God based on their personal beliefs. For any current person who says they are inspired by God...if their inspiration aligns with the Bible, then I have no problem with it. If it adds to the Bible or contradicts it in any way, I have a major problem with it.

Hope that answered your questions.

Im talking OT. What third party witnesses were there for Adam and Eve, the Parting of The Red Sea, Noah’s flood, etc.

And the “inspired by God“ line is just a cop out for lack of evidence. It’s a meaningless attribute.

And don’t get me started on Paul.

So on today's episode of The World According to @BSC911, we learn that:

Hiden is a 'devout Catholic', even though he supports abortion and gay marriage.

And Moses, one of the greatest prophets and religious figures in the history of Christianity, is really some 'angry old guy'.

Nice! @BSC911 I can't help but wonder if you might be a better Christian if you defended Moses as blindly as you defended Hiden. But that would require putting the teachings of the Bible ahead of your party's platform.

Im talking OT. What third party witnesses were there for Adam and Eve, the Parting of The Red Sea, Noah’s flood, etc.

And the “inspired by God“ line is just a cop out for lack of evidence. It’s a meaningless attribute.

And don’t get me started on Paul.
Ok. Now I got it. We are not even speaking the same language. That is fine. We cannot have a discussion regarding the moral teachings of the Bible if you don't believe it to be God-inspired. As I understand it, you choose which parts you choose to believe and adhere to based on your own subjective point of view. That is fine. I pray that works for you and you have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

So you don't believe anything another person says unless you can verify it yourself. Well then, history must be very frustrating for you since you are limited to only the last handful of decades. I kid!

Wish you all the best. This discussion will not really be productive anymore since we seem to have very different views on Scripture and its authority and application. That is fine. I can happily disagree with you and you me and still be respectful and cordial.

Sigh. Yes, faithful Catholic in his private life. Youve presented nothing to dispute that. As I’ve pointed out, his job as president in not to promote Catholic teachings. If you don’t understand that by now, I give up.

And spare me the Nazi Germany comparisons. That’s beneath you.
You cannot have one set of morality in you private and another one in public. I think Jesus called that hypocrisy. Why are you assuming that Biden is against homosexuality and abortion in his private life? Because he says he is Catholic? Apparently you believe certain things about the Bible and not others. Does that make you a faithful follower of the Bible?

Why do you not like the Nazi comparison? Because it is the most accurate comparison available and logically consistent with what is happening today? Do you think chattel slavery was morally okay just because the majority of the country was either in support or apathetic about it? You have to be consistent in your logic. Otherwise you come off as either illogical, ignorant, or just plain inept which I don't believe you to be. I think you have staked out a really indefensible moral position and are trying to deflect the arguments which show it to be a house of cards. I would not like to defend it either, lol.

Ok. Now I got it. We are not even speaking the same language. That is fine. We cannot have a discussion regarding the moral teachings of the Bible if you don't believe it to be God-inspired. As I understand it, you choose which parts you choose to believe and adhere to based on your own subjective point of view. That is fine. I pray that works for you and you have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

So you don't believe anything another person says unless you can verify it yourself. Well then, history must be very frustrating for you since you are limited to only the last handful of decades. I kid!

Wish you all the best. This discussion will not really be productive anymore since we seem to have very different views on Scripture and its authority and application. That is fine. I can happily disagree with you and you me and still be respectful and cordial.
Now who’s putting words in other people’s mouth.

My point is that I don’t accept everything as fact just because it is bound up in a nice, pretty book 1700 years ago and some people claim it was “inspired by God.” I promise you I am quite well read on the history of the “Bible“(which one?) and it’s various iterations.

Not different than not trusting the Book of Mormon or the Quran, just because other dudes also said it was ”inspired by God.” Or the Arch Angel Gabriel as the case may be. Thats just in my make up. It makes me no less a Christian than you, or anyone else, since no one has all the answers. I can understand why you don’t want to argue scripture if you aren’t willing to question its source material.

Last edited:
I may think smoking pot is wrong, but I’m against laws restricting them.

I sort of agree. Decriminalization is a better idea than legalization imo. People freaking LOVE to smoke and drive. No idea why but it's WAY more common than drinking and driving now. Legalization would exacerbate the issue.

The govt. shouldn’t be regulating peoples private lives IMO. To each his own.

Oftentimes the behavior in our "private lives" affects the community at large...like I mentioned above.

It's a step beyond what your discussing but why not let people smoke meth in their "private life" inside their home. Well obviously when they freak the hell out and eat the neighbors dog while high, it becomes a community problem.

Ditto with pot smoking...just more wrecks and other issues instead of dogs getting eaten.

You cannot have one set of morality in you private and another one in public. I think Jesus called that hypocrisy. Why are you assuming that Biden is against homosexuality and abortion in his private life? Because he says he is Catholic? Apparently you believe certain things about the Bible and not others. Does that make you a faithful follower of the Bible?

Why do you not like the Nazi comparison? Because it is the most accurate comparison available and logically consistent with what is happening today? Do you think chattel slavery was morally okay just because the majority of the country was either in support or apathetic about it? You have to be consistent in your logic. Otherwise you come off as either illogical, ignorant, or just plain inept which I don't believe you to be. I think you have staked out a really indefensible moral position and are trying to deflect the arguments which show it to be a house of cards. I would not like to defend it either, lol.
Nailed it. I don’t follow a book written by imperfect humans. I do follow Christ’s words in my personal life. As best I understand them.

It seems some worship a book more that Christ. That’s the sad part to me.

I sort of agree. Decriminalization is a better idea than legalization imo. People freaking LOVE to smoke and drive. No idea why but it's WAY more common than drinking and driving now. Legalization would exacerbate the issue.

Oftentimes the behavior in our "private lives" affects the community at large...like I mentioned above.

It's a step beyond what your discussing but why not let people smoke meth in their "private life" inside their home. Well obviously when they freak the hell out and eat the neighbors dog while high, it becomes a community problem.

Ditto with pot smoking...just more wrecks and other issues instead of dogs getting eaten.
Then we agree. When peoples actions affect others is where I draw the line.

And same with driving intoxicated, of which there are already laws against.

Now who’s putting words in other people’s mouth.

My point is that I don’t accept everything as fact just because it is bound up in a nice, pretty book 700 years ago and some people claim it was “inspired by God.” I promise you I am quite well read on the history of the “Bible“(which one?) and it’s various iterations.

Not different than not trusting the Book of Mormon or the Quran, just because other dudes also said it was ”inspired by God.” Or the Arch Angel Gabriel as the case may be. Thats just in my make up. It makes me no less a Christian than you, or anyone else, since no one has all the answers. I can understand why you don’t want to argue scripture if you aren’t willing to question its source material.
No offense, but underneath that statement is a very arrogant perspective. You cannot call yourself a "Christian" and disregard the Bible...any of it. If you disagree with Christ on anything, by definition, you are not his disciple. Now you are free to subscribe to whatever religion tickles you ear but you really don't have the freedom to pick and choose different things ala cart from the bible, or any other religion, as if that is your prerogative and still call yourself a disciple of that religion.

You are correct, different people can believe other texts and live their lives based on it. Our discussion was pretty narrow regarding initially Catholicism and now Christianity in general. If you choose to pick parts of the Bible and disregard others, you have that option. I would warn you with the words of Jesus, since you seem to be receptive to those,

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” Matthew 7:13-14.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” Matthew 7:21

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Matthew 12:40
- See - Jesus believed in the literal reading of Jonah - not allegorical...

and...as previously quoted...
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." Matthew 5:17-18

I truly pray that you know or come to know the truth and that it sets you free my friend.

Reactions: gatordad3
And same with driving intoxicated, of which there are already laws against.

Agree. The problem is, it's much more difficult and expensive to prosecute. And even if you spend the extra $, prosecution is still more difficult.

As I said, driving while high is much more common today than driving drunk. I'm sure you smell it while driving all the time just like everyone else.

Reactions: gatordad3
No offense, but underneath that statement is a very arrogant perspective. You cannot call yourself a "Christian" and disregard the Bible...any of it. If you disagree with Christ on anything, by definition, you are not his disciple. Now you are free to subscribe to whatever religion tickles you ear but you really don't have the freedom to pick and choose different things ala cart from the bible, or any other religion, as if that is your prerogative and still call yourself a disciple of that religion.

You are correct, different people can believe other texts and live their lives based on it. Our discussion was pretty narrow regarding initially Catholicism and now Christianity in general. If you choose to pick parts of the Bible and disregard others, you have that option. I would warn you with the words of Jesus, since you seem to be receptive to those,

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” Matthew 7:13-14.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” Matthew 7:21

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Matthew 12:40

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." Matthew 5:17-18

I truly pray that you know or come to know the truth and that it sets you free my friend.
Of course I can. Its not up to you to decide. That’s the height of arrogance. I’m quite comfortable how I will be judged., even if I don’t believe in talking snakes or I eat pork. That seems to bother you.

Show me where he said you have to accept every verse of this book that will be written after his death and decided upon 300 years later, and then changed again 1200 years later. And you’ve Admitted to you don’t accept 100% of the Bible.

PS. I love it when people start out with “no offense” and then proceed to offend you.

Last edited:
Agree. The problem is, it's much more difficult and expensive to prosecute. And even if you spend the extra $, prosecution is still more difficult.

As I said, driving while high is much more common today than driving drunk. I'm sure you smell it while driving all the time just like everyone else.
Huh? Not really. I don’t hang around people that smoke pot. I don’t even think I’d know what it smells like.

Last edited:

Since you like Leviticus, answer this.

1. Who wrote it?
2. How do you know?
3. What language did he write it in?
4. Where are the original writings?

Answer these questions and then we can proceed.

Of course I can. Its not up to you to decide. That’s the height of arrogance. I’m quite comfortable how I will be judged., even if I don’t believe in talking snakes or I eat pork. That seems to bother you.

Show me where he said you have to accept every verse of this book that will be written after his death and decided upon 300 years later, and then changed again 1200 years later. And you’ve Admitted to you don’t accept 100% of the Bible.

PS. I love it when people start out with “no offense” and then proceed to offend you.
And now we've moved onto the 'let's disparage the accuracy of the Bible' portion of the thread. This is where @BSC911 attempts to justify why he places his party platform's beliefs above the Bible's teachings.

A related question: Since I am as well versed in the teachings of Catholicism as @BSC911 is, I have to ask: What is the Catholic Church's stance toward racism? I ask, because @BSC911 claims Hiden is a 'devout catholic', but Hiden is also a very known and open racist. So is it safe to assume that Catholics encourage and celebrate racism?

@kjfreeze you're a real Catholic, what say you?

PS. Youve totally misconstrued the meaning of Matthew 7:21. Buts that’s OK. I forgive you.

Man, you Alabama people have come a long way. Are you people still burning black churches?
Actually...YOUR side has done all of the looting, rioting and burning! And your side is SO stupid, they burn EACH OTHERS inner cities! I think all of you watch too much CNN (all 2500 of you in America)

Which brings up a VERY good question. Since FNC has SUCH a ratings success, and many of the lib channels are almost out of business, do you think that you are smarter than the large majority of people in our Country... ?

Actually...YOUR side has done all of the looting, rioting and burning! And your side is SO stupid, they burn EACH OTHERS inner cities! I think all of you watch too much CNN (all 2500 of you in America)

Which brings up a VERY good question. Since FNC has SUCH a ratings success, and many of the lib channels are almost out of business, do you think that you are smarter than the large majority of people in our Country... ?
Sorry, Capt. Ron, I don’t have a side, other law and order. Unlike you, I can criticize both sides.

And while I don’t watch much cable news because it’s all horrible. I probably watch Fox more than CNN since my wife has it on all the time, and it’s closer to ESPN. It’s trash. Just because a lot of dumb rednecks watch it doesn’t make it good news.. They all jumped the shark a long while ago.

So, which of the thousands of Christian denominations has the correct interpretation of the Bible?

Whenever the various Dogma fanatics go at it, I just revert back to the 10 basic rules for any successful civilization:

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6“You shall not murder.
7“You shall not commit adultery.
8“You shall not steal.
9“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Reactions: BSC911
So, which of the thousands of Christian denominations has the correct interpretation of the Bible?
I honestly don't think any one person or denomination has the 100% correct interpretation of every scripture. There are some passages which are open to interpretation, but none of those are fundamental to the basic tenants of Christianity. For example, Calvinists and Armenians disagree on whether God chooses you for salvation or if you have a say in choosing God. It is looking at the same coin from different sides.

Wow. This whole thing started with Biden being a faithful Catholic and has now somehow turned into a debate on the nuances of Biblical interpretation. Let's just go back to the two things Jesus said were most important: Love God and love people as you love yourself. If we do those two things, the rest will take care of themselves.

Wow. This whole thing started with Biden being a faithful Catholic and has now somehow turned into a debate on the nuances of Biblical interpretation.
This is what the dems here always do: If you bring up a topic they don't want to discuss, they lie, deflect, and engage in personal attacks to try to get everyone OFF the original topic that hurt their feelings.

Also note which posters are doing this ITT. Every SINGLE one of them claims to be an 'independent' voter.

Hiden is a horrible Catholic and a horrible person. After 4 years of the 'independent' voters here claiming Trump was a terrible person, they go and vote for a guy who is actually all the things they claimed Trump was.

Irony.

Whenever the various Dogma fanatics go at it, I just revert back to the 10 basic rules for any successful civilization:

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6“You shall not murder.
7“You shall not commit adultery.
8“You shall not steal.
9“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
True that. I know I give all of servants the day off on Sunday so I’m good to go.

b7c076bd887cc7a8.jpeg

No offense, but underneath that statement is a very arrogant perspective. You cannot call yourself a "Christian" and disregard the Bible...any of it.

Parked Mike, can you tell me what happened to the Bible's Book of Enoch???
(About the Book of Enoch (Also known as "Ethiopian Enoch") The Book of Enoch (also known as 1 Enoch) was once cherished by Jews and Christians alike, this book later fell into disfavor with powerful theologians (that's men, not God) - precisely because of its controversial statements on the nature and deeds of the fallen angels.)

And can you tell me how many times that the King James version of the Bible has been translated by different cultures, with different goals, and into different languages? (Gilgamesh and the flood story, long before Noah and the Christian Bible)

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT