ADVERTISEMENT

Hansard to UF!

Great pickup. The recruiting class is shaping up very nicely. We are getting another commitment from another good prospect today as well.

That was a much needed pickup. I'll be thrilled to get Davis today as well. I'm still concerned about OL. I hope we can flip some good ones.

With Muschamp gone, will the Gators be able to recruit good defensive players now?

In the final of 3 teams, UF, home state Rutgers, and tennis-sea, #11 DT Fred Hansard 6-3 324 **** from Princeton, N.J. makes his college choice,,,, and he's a GATOR! (sorry, mad-doggie) :p

The 2017 Gator DT's have something in common, they are all quite a load!
Hansard 6-3 324 -- Scott 6-1 345 - Edwards 6-3 350 JuCo

McElwain is expected to land another prospect Friday with Miami CB Shawn Davis **** announcing his decision. His finalists are Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami and tennis-sea, but if he doesn’t choose UF it will be surprise.

Proof that Mc-staff can't recruit: The Gators beat out Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss for 5-star DE CeCe Jefferson in his 1st class. He turned out to be a member of the All-SEC Freshman team in 2015.

The coaches have more defensive priorities in this year’s recruiting cycle, and so far they’ve landed the state’s No. 1 strongside DE (Zachary Carter), and 4-star CB's, Elijah Blades and Marco Wilson, and now the #11 DT Hansard.

They’re also expected to receive official visits from 4-star DE Jarez Parks, 4-star DT Aubrey Solomon, 4-star LB'ers K.J. Britt and Rahyme Johnson, 4-star CB's Brad Stewart and Ambry Thomas and 4-star, #3 FS Devon Hunter. He has a top 5 of Alabama, Clemson, Florida, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.

Among the 15 schools currently ranked higher than UF, only FSU has fewer commitments than Florida’s 14. Half of UF's 14 are Rivals250 prospects, which is more than 8 schools ranked ahead of the Gators, including FSU. No. 3 LSU also has seven commits in the Rivals250. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr
That was a much needed pickup. I'll be thrilled to get Davis today as well. I'm still concerned about OL. I hope we can flip some good ones.

Ah, we will get the OLine recruits. We finally have the balance numbers at the OLinr position that TLG neglected. Not only are the quantity, the quality will be there. Ivey and Fred Johnson made good strides at the position last season. Jwaan Taylor is tearing things up as a true freshmen this year.

Sure, insert the star and rivals rankings that are missing but on this particular position I'll trust the coaches.

Last edited:
This really leaves only OL away from this being a great class. But we need to add both numbers and quality on the OL before Feb. and thats assuming Telfort sticks

This really leaves only OL away from this being a great class. But we need to add both numbers and quality on the OL before Feb. and thats assuming Telfort sticks
I agree 100%.

I feel they will add one more DT, numerous OL, and save a few spots for high profile skill position recruits.

I agree 100%.

I feel they will add one more DT, numerous OL, and save a few spots for high profile skill position recruits.

1 more Cornerback after Davis commits tonight
1 Safety....Hunter would be ideal
1 more Defensive Tackle
Jarez Parks at DE
2 more Offensive Linemen - especially Tackles
1 stud Linebacker....Hines would fit the bill
Robinson or DPJ at WR....both if we can get them.

That is what we need and would probably be a top 5 class.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Best case we're probably a top 8-10 class and that's more than fine to me. As long as you are top 10 every year, filling needs and working a Juco and Transfer here/there you have plenty of talent to compete.

Mac has shown he's good at x/o's and he's pretty crafty when it comes to 5th years/Juco players. Top 10 classes and he should do fine.

What happened with Davis?

We got him and our class is currently ranked #11 on Rivals. Pick up the guys I listed above and we'll finish around #5 which is excellent. My big concern is Offensive Tackles though. Other than Navaughan Donaldson, I don't see any other top rated ones on our radar. Alex Leatherwood claims he'll visit in the Fall and claims we're still in it but I doubt that.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
We got him and our class is currently ranked #11 on Rivals. Pick up the guys I listed above and we'll finish around #5 which is excellent. My big concern is Offensive Tackles though. Other than Navaughan Donaldson, I don't see any other top rated ones on our radar. Alex Leatherwood claims he'll visit in the Fall and claims we're still in it but I doubt that.

Yea I saw that it was just being reported he'd commit Friday and the day came and went with nothing. I think Davis is probably the best corner in the class at this moment. Really good.

You know you're in a hell of a conference when you have the 12th ranked class in the nation andthenme are still 5 more conference teams ahead of you.

There's 10 SEC teams in the top 19 right now.

You know you're in a hell of a conference when you have the 12th ranked class in the nation andthenme are still 5 more conference teams ahead of you.

There's 10 SEC teams in the top 19 right now.

Yep. Which is why it's not outlandish when some people say top 15 classes ain't good enough. The run the SEC is on now is ridiculous. You can land a top 10 class and still be 4th or 5th in the conference.

One thing about Mac is not only does he fill our needs but he seems to be very strategic about how he does things.... he's been very methodical about how he goes about things. It's interesting to think that he's only gone through one season so far. Yeah he's made so many moves.

Davis will get his 4th star soon and we have a couple other underrated guys who will get additional stars in the Fall. Solid top 10 class when all is said and done.

I'm curious to see how the 5 stars pan out.

When I checked yesterday...the top three rated classes had 9 of them and the next 97 teams had a total of 5 I believe.

There's going to be some major moving going on. I really hope we get one this class (I don't see two).

Also...I believe we are only 104 points from jumping from 12th to overtaking UGA for 8th.

just wait til the product on the field looks better this year

and with the best coach of all time back in our corner, a little Steve magic is all we need.

Reactions: miksta
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT