ADVERTISEMENT

Grantham is a bully.

LizardGrad89

Bull Gator
Nov 12, 2003
That's the only way I can describe it.

When we play a lesser opponent, either a small school, or a team playing the backup (or third string), or in some other way has an impotent offense, we blitz like crazy and play bump man coverage.

But when we play a team that can block and has a QB that can throw, the bully does what all bullies do, he becomes a coward. We rush 3, play deep, give up all the short throws. In short, play scared.

This is how we can have 3 shutouts in a season yet be completely incapable of stopping any offense with a pulse.

He's a bully? We blitzed plenty last week but got beat by UGA's O Line. We got lucky on 1 pass today that was a TD and they missed a field goal. I think the defense did their job. Last week we lost 1 on 1 match ups. Vandy is terrible...we're not playing them the way that we played LSU or UGA.

Are we really still talking about last weeks loss when we just won 50+-0?

The problem is that when we blitz a good team with a good QB - they light us up in press/man. Think back to MIssou last year as a prime example. The 2 teams we lost to this year? Good QBs with good lines.

It's a talent thing imo.

Reactions: GatorNation79
He's a bully? We blitzed plenty last week but got beat by UGA's O Line. We got lucky on 1 pass today that was a TD and they missed a field goal. I think the defense did their job. Last week we lost 1 on 1 match ups. Vandy is terrible...we're not playing them the way that we played LSU or UGA.

Are we really still talking about last weeks loss when we just won 50+-0?
It seemed to me that we blitzed UGA mostly on 2nd down, and it seemed to shut down their running game. But they had like 10 3rd down conversions of 8-15 yards to go...........and we played soft zone. There is a reason there are so many points scored in the NFL with less than 2:00 to go, because they play that soft shit to prevent a big play. I'd rather get beat on a big play than let the other team hold the ball for 8 minutes and end up with the same agonizing result.

It seemed to me that we blitzed UGA mostly on 2nd down, and it seemed to shut down their running game. But they had like 10 3rd down conversions of 8-15 yards to go...........and we played soft zone. There is a reason there are so many points scored in the NFL with less than 2:00 to go, because they play that soft shit to prevent a big play. I'd rather get beat on a big play than let the other team hold the ball for 8 minutes and end up with the same agonizing result.
Not disagreeing on not pressing receivers. We've gotten lighten up.

[QUOTE="gatorbuilderorlando, post: 1614009, member: 5706"

It's a talent thing imo.[/QUOTE]
I'm no expert but some bad game planning too

And more proof of his incompetence is this UGA-Mizzou game. UGA has -6 yards in the second quarter but we made them look like the damn 99 rams with our soft ass coverage. Mizzou is manning them up and they have no passing game, just like against South Carolina, but nah let’s play soft zone all game. Grantham is a bum.

The switch today ? Elam at corner, Henderson at corner , Marco Wilson at Nickel.. our weakness Reese and Brad Stewart in pass coverage.

When we play a lesser opponent, either a small school, or a team playing the backup (or third string), or in some other way has an impotent offense, we blitz like crazy and play bump man coverage.

But when we play a team that can block and has a QB that can throw, the bully does what all bullies do, he becomes a coward. We rush 3, play deep, give up all the short throws. In short, play scared.

This is how we can have 3 shutouts in a season yet be completely incapable of stopping any offense with a pulse.

I hadn’t signed in and saw this post and even though you’re ignored I’m going to answer this ignorant post as I have to say guys like you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL!!! He blitzed Georgia plenty asshole, their O.L. just stuffed us THE WHOLE GAME! He’s a good defensive coordinator if you look at the stats. Remember Mullen would probably still have Feleipe Franks out there as Q.B. and we’d be 7-3 or 6-4 if he didn’t get hurt. ( almost said luckily but, the cocky kid is a Gator ). Nobody is criticizing him? Even with improved offense we still are ranked to low to EVER win the CFP.

So, we lost to L.S.U. and how’s their offense been doing this year? They’ll be ranked #1 BTW Nerd.

And Georgia will be #5 in the rankings on Tuesday you imbecile.

But, our losses are all on Grantham? You’re riding the train ( Not that one that you and your buddies do ) that is against T.G. which has little merit if AGAIN, you knew ANYTHING about football. It’s obvious you NEVER played a down in your life. But, you did lead an awesome Chess Club LMFAOL.

Wambulance to LizzyGrad89’s house. Go ahead and make up another I.D. Numbnutts but, you’ll be blocked and I won’t read it U dickless wonder. BTW, how was your date with Danny? I hear you guys are engaged. Congrats!

Last edited:
I hadn’t signed in and saw this post and even though you’re ignored I’m going to answer this ignorant post as I have to say guys like you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL!!! He blitzed Georgia plenty asshole, their O.L. just stuffed us THE WHOLE GAME! He’s a good defensive coordinator if you look at the stats. Remember Mullen would probably still have Feleipe Franks out there as Q.B. and we’d be 7-3 or 6-4 if he didn’t get hurt. ( almost said luckily but, the cocky kid is a Gator ). Nobody is criticizing him? Even with improved offense we still are ranked to low to EVER win the CFP.

So, we lost to L.S.U. and how’s their offense been doing this year? They’ll be ranked #1 BTW Nerd.

But, our losses are all on Grantham? You’re riding the train ( Not that one that you and your buddies do ) that is against T.G. which has little merit if AGAIN, you knew ANYTHING about football. It’s obvious you NEVER played a down in your life. But, you did lead an awesome Chess Club LMFAOL.

Wambulance to LizzyGrad89’s house. Go ahead and make up another I.D. Numbnutts but, you’ll be blocked and I won’t read it U dickless wonder. BTW, how was your date with Danny? I hear you guys are engaged. Congrats!

You realize there is an ignore button, right? I mean, a retarded 5 year old can navigate this board, so I'm hoping one day you will be able to as well.

BTW, I'm right and you are an idiot. Just sayin'.

Reactions: GatorNation79

"He's a good defensive coordinator IF YOU LOOK AT THE STATS".

Stats lie and morons believe them.

Actually in the past watching his defenses he was burned a lot playing that blitz man coverage stuff. He seems to have overcompensated this season with thinking he can outsmart these talented teams or something while all he did really was expose our biggest weaknesses on defense with this crap.

Actually in the past watching his defenses he was burned a lot playing that blitz man coverage stuff. He seems to have overcompensated this season with thinking he can outsmart these talented teams or something while all he did really was expose our biggest weaknesses on defense with this crap.
We didn't make adjustments during the UGA and LSU game. They just kept burning us.

Reactions: Gator Fever

That's pretty stupid, even for you.... :rolleyes:

#7 Auburn scored 13 pts. (currently ranked #11)

#5 LSU scored 42 pts. (currently ranked #2)
(with the help of ZERO OL holding calls for the entire game)
>> And they just scored 46 pts vs #3 Bama... o_O

#8 UGly scored 24 pts. (currently ranked #6)
(with the help of two trapped ball receptions that kept scoring drives alive)

BTW, I noticed vs VU, that the refs could get the 'trapped reception' call correct against UF...

Furthermore....... :cool:

Defensively, UF/Grantham rates 2nd in the SEC in scoring (15.0 points allowed per game) and 3rd overall (308.2 yards). o_O

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The SEC announced their weekly football honors on Monday, as Mohamoud Diabate was named Co-Freshman of the Week, while Jonathan Greenard was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Week for their defensive efforts in Saturday's 56-0 win over Vanderbilt. The nod serves as Greenard's 2nd SEC Defensive Player of the Week selection this season.

The #11 CFP Gators have lost 2 games,,, but who did they lose to?
1. LSU by 14 pts in 'Death Valley'
5. UGly by 7 pts at the WLOCP
And the Gators have an 11 pt win over current #13 AU.

There are 1 loss teams ranked ahead of the Gators that haven't even played a Top 10 Team, much less 2 teams in the Top 5.... :confused:

And more proof of his incompetence is this UGA-Mizzou game. UGA has -6 yards in the second quarter but we made them look like the damn 99 rams with our soft ass coverage. Mizzou is manning them up and they have no passing game, just like against South Carolina, but nah let’s play soft zone all game. Grantham is a bum.

Florida needs better players, not pussies in the secondary. Find some DB's who can man up when called in to press coverage , without being flagged for pass interference, and can drop a pair and tackle a ball carrier.

DBU? Bullshit...Pussy U!

As to Grantham's defense so far in 2019...

Florida's blanked Vanderbilt for its 3rd shutout of the season, the program's most in a season since 1988.

The Gators are ranked 9th Nationally in Scoring Defense (15.0 points per game). (while playing 3 teams that were ranked in the Top 10, AU-LSU-UG)

Last edited:

When he was at UGA, he tried to fight the Vanderbilt coach during a game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT