ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

To subtle for you to understand that there are differences in what some coaches seem to know and do. Things and times change....

Feveredbrains is all over Miller Time (deep end), but I'm fixated on Brown. Now that's just funny....

6-7 loser overall, with 3-5 loser in the SEC. Lost to Tn, Ugly, and FSU, with a 3-30 loss to LAC-12 OreSt, so at least that's solid....

I just made a point we need to see what Miller does when given the chance but I saw enough from that and the spring game that he doesn't have good touch with his passes and would be turnover prone in the SEC with how he throws into dangerous places. I would rather go with a freshman and go 6-6 than with Miller or hopefully we pick up a proven QB in the portal for one season.

Bring on the xfer portal QB's, because that's worked out so well here.... 🤣

But hey, with the current QB coach, getting a QB that's been coached up by someone else, might actually be the best plan.... 😉

And The Riley Coyote also needed xfer QB's that someone else had already coached up.
How'd he do with the 5-Star Rattler, before he bailed out on OK for the LAC-12 level of competition, before they have to play at an SEC level.
Oh Riley Coyote must be pretty good at what he does with Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Caleb Williams winning the Heisman trophy. He's coached 3 out of the last 6 winners and then throw in Jalen Hurts that he had for one year who is currently the QB of the Philly Eagles with the best record in the NFL and front runner for MVP. I guess ole Maxine just couldnt cut the mustard for his standards.

Last edited:

Pearsall uncertain of future with one year of eligibility remaining​

Though he’s already played four seasons at the college level, Pearsall still has a year of eligibility remaining thanks to the pandemic-impacted 2020 campaign, something that put the 6-foot-1, 200-pound wideout in a position to make a significant decision as he is eligible to be selected by a professional team in the upcoming draft.

Pearsall has never recorded more than 700 receiving yards in a single season at the college level and has just 1,455 career yards and 10 touchdowns to his name.

Wide receiver Ricky Pearsall, who paced the Gators in receiving yards and touchdowns in his first season in Gainesville, is among those who remain uncertain of their future.

"There's a lot of aspects that go into it,” Pearsall, who is draft eligible, said after Florida’s 30-3 loss to No. 14 Oregon State in the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 17. “But, you know, I'm still thinking about it, being patient with it.”

Pearsall was a key fixture in Florida’s offense this year.

The fourth-year junior caught 33 passes for 661 yards and five touchdowns, though it should be noted that he finished the campaign with 780 total offensive yards and six touchdowns as he proved effective in the team’s ground game, too, when called upon.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...s-roster-NFL-Draft-transfer-portal-200810272/

Reactions: Gator Fever
When a new HC/staff comes in, you expect some to go, and a few did.

However, after a year with the new HC/staff, the flood of those leaving are doing so for different reasons.

Think about that....

Pearsall uncertain of future with one year of eligibility remaining​

Though he’s already played four seasons at the college level, Pearsall still has a year of eligibility remaining thanks to the pandemic-impacted 2020 campaign, something that put the 6-foot-1, 200-pound wideout in a position to make a significant decision as he is eligible to be selected by a professional team in the upcoming draft.

Pearsall has never recorded more than 700 receiving yards in a single season at the college level and has just 1,455 career yards and 10 touchdowns to his name.

Wide receiver Ricky Pearsall, who paced the Gators in receiving yards and touchdowns in his first season in Gainesville, is among those who remain uncertain of their future.

"There's a lot of aspects that go into it,” Pearsall, who is draft eligible, said after Florida’s 30-3 loss to No. 14 Oregon State in the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 17. “But, you know, I'm still thinking about it, being patient with it.”

Pearsall was a key fixture in Florida’s offense this year.

The fourth-year junior caught 33 passes for 661 yards and five touchdowns, though it should be noted that he finished the campaign with 780 total offensive yards and six touchdowns as he proved effective in the team’s ground game, too, when called upon.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...s-roster-NFL-Draft-transfer-portal-200810272/

If we keep his NIL up he might stay for another season. He would really be a weapon if we could find a true stretch the field WR out of the young ones in 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
I just made a point we need to see what Miller does when given the chance but I saw enough from that and the spring game that he doesn't have good touch with his passes and would be turnover prone in the SEC with how he throws into dangerous places. I would rather go with a freshman (Rashada) and go 6-6 than with Miller or hopefully we pick up a proven QB in the portal for one season.
Fever,

See your point & agree.

Curious,

What do we do with Miller ?

IMO, we can't encourage him to transfer till we actually sign a Portal QB & compare both of them in Spring Practice.

No guarantee new portal QB any better then Miller.

FWIW, Napier was sold on Miller & he is underwhelming.

As other posters have pointed out, unfair to Miller to kick him to the curb after spring practice as his transfer option would be non-existent.

Do you or anyone else on this board (PACO ?) know if Rashada can / will qualify for Early Entry ?

Having Rashada in Spring practice & summer conditioning drills (throwing / practicing with the receivers while an "off duty" Asst Coach just happens to be watching - LOL) COULD make a tremendous difference.

If the IPF doesn't all ready have cameras, bet we could install them quickly & the off duty asst coach could monitor the workouts that way.

A basketball coach did that for years & got away with it. Players were monitored for "safety" reasons.

If Rashada goes EE, would you keep Miller & Brown for back up & try to go straight ahead with Rashada as QB1 ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yep I think Hopper was our only big loss in the portal since Napier got here. The rest didn't do a lot where they went or were going to struggle to ever land a starting position here.
Pretty sure Billy has already met with the ones entering the portal and sealed their fate to move on.

Fever,

See your point & agree.

Curious,

IMO, we can't encourage him to transfer till we actually sign a Portal QB & compare both of them in Spring Practice.

As other posters have pointed out, unfair to Miller to kick him to the curb after spring practice as his transfer option would be non-existent.

Do you or anyone else on this board (PACO ?) know if Rashada can / will qualify for Early Entry ?

Having Rashada in Spring practice & summer conditioning drills (throwing / practicing with the receivers while an "off duty" Asst Coach just happens to be watching - LOL) COULD make a tremendous difference.

If the IPF doesn't all ready have cameras, bet we could install them quickly & the off duty asst coach could monitor the workouts that way.

A basketball coach did that for years & got away with it. Players were monitored for "safety" reasons.

If Rashada goes EE, would you keep Miller & Brown for back up & try to go straight ahead with Rashada as QB1 ?

If I was Napier I would just be honest and tell him he will have to compete to be the starter if he stays here and tell him the truth about looking for other QBs in the portal.

We've got to revamp the way we do NIL's because it appears we're getting "OUTBID" by other schools for some of the better players we've been recruiting.

Fever,

See your point & agree.

Curious,

This article says Rashada will be an early enrollee.

Ocala,

I guess Fletcher after watching the L V Bowl & looking at the OL he would be depending on, he then looked at Canes OL commits, spoke with Ruiz, & then made his decision.

In fairness it is close to his home town.

Tebow,

Fletcher was on an OV to Miami.

What was Ruiz supposed to do ?

Ignore Him or pull out his checkbook ?

Anything less would have made Ruiz look like a rude & discourteous host.

Four-star Florida running back Mark Fletcher committed to the Miami Hurricanes after an official visit this weekend, choosing them over the Florida Gators. He was committed to the Ohio State Buckeyes until backing off his pledge on November 16. Since then, the Hurricanes and Gators have been the teams to beat.

Fletcher was in Gainesville last weekend for an official visit with the Gators before going to Coral Gables this weekend and deciding to commit to The U.

The Hurricanes class now sits at fourth overall, trailing only the Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, and Texas Longhorns.

https://mikefarrellsports.com/recru...lan-gooden-commit-and-other-names-in-the-news

DT John Walker - All in with UCF.

Guess he watched the L V Bowl !
These kids don't care about the wins and losses. Miami got spanked by Middle Tenn St this year and also got smacked by Duke and finished 5-7...money and playing time are the two major drivers. If you're a running back we have 2 of the best in country coming back and a top rated incoming freshman. At Miami you can play right away....

Every player that is leaving other than ones going to the NFL havent done sh!t this year. Those leaving are the ones that needed to leave.

While the coaching, game planning, and the play calling have absolutely nothing to do with on the field results,,, the leaving players are all no talent bums... 😂 🤣 😂

Report: Gators Emerge as ‘Serious Contender’ for Transfer QB​

The Florida Gators are firmly in the mix for Coastal Carolina signal-caller transfer Grayson McCall.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...contender-transfer-quarterback-grayson-mccall

McCall is Currently ranked as the No. 4 quarterback in On3’s Transfer Portal rankings, he has two years of eligibility remaining.

He was set to visit Auburn last weekend but, per Auburn Live, had an “academic snag.”

Auburn is now turning its attention to N.C. State quarterback Devin Leary.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-gators/news/florida-is-a-serious-contender-for-grayson-mccall/

If McCall had an academic snag at Auburn; doesn't sound too good for UF.

Another article states - "...McCall recently cancelled a planned visit to Auburn and all insider reports seem to have him favored for Gainesville."

Strange how media types get their heads turned around; academic snag turns into McCall canceling the visit ?

More to follow I guess.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/12/19/florida-football-las-vegas-bowl/

i

Grayson McCall 6-3, 215

2022 SEASON STATS​

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4427936/grayson-mccall
  • YDS 2,633
  • TD 24
  • INT 2
  • QBR 67.8

Last edited:

The Florida Gators are firmly in the mix for Coastal Carolina signal-caller transfer Grayson McCall.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...contender-transfer-quarterback-grayson-mccall

McCall is Currently ranked as the No. 4 quarterback in On3’s Transfer Portal rankings, he has two years of eligibility remaining.

He was set to visit Auburn last weekend but, per Auburn Live, had an “academic snag.”

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-gators/news/florida-is-a-serious-contender-for-grayson-mccall/

More to follow I guess.

i

Grayson McCall 6-3, 215

2022 SEASON STATS​

• YDS 2,633
  • TD 24
  • INT 2
  • QBR 67.8
If that's the best we can do, OK. But he was only a 2-star recruit with offers out of high school from powerhouses Army, Eastern KY, Chattanooga and Gardner-Webb.

Has he improved THAT much so that THE University of Florida covets him? Is he a guy who is going to be an upgrade over Rashada, Miller and/or Brown?

If that's the best we can do, OK. But he was only a 2-star recruit with offers out of high school from powerhouses Army, Eastern KY, Chattanooga and Gardner-Webb.

Has he improved THAT much so that THE University of Florida covets him? Is he a guy who is going to be an upgrade over Rashada, Miller and/or Brown?
Ocala,

I'm not a QBC - Gators don't have one ! LOL

You posted that Rashada was potentially going to go Early Entry.

If that were to happen, I'm like Fever - go with Rashada (assuming he can beat our Miller for QB1), take our lumps in his first year, & go from there.

IMO, better than taking up more roster spots with Transfer QBs who MAY or MAY NOT be SEC Caliber.

Another article states - "...McCall recently cancelled a planned visit to Auburn and all insider reports seem to have him favored for Gainesville."

Strange how media types get their heads turned around; academic snag turns into McCall canceling the visit ?

More to follow I guess.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/12/19/florida-football-las-vegas-bowl/

i

Grayson McCall 6-3, 215

2022 SEASON STATS​

• YDS 2,633
  • TD 24
  • INT 2
  • QBR 67.8

I will just say McCall's upside is so much higher than Millers it's not even funny.

I'm sorry fellow Gators, but if ole Nappy can't coach up Brown and/or Rashada for 2023, then he should just admit to his incompetence and just resign, before there is a total meltdown in ole Hog-town.... 🤓

• Wow
Ocala,

I'm not a QBC - Gators don't have one ! LOL

You posted that Rashada was potentially going to go Early Entry.

If that were to happen, I'm like Fever - go with Rashada (assuming he can beat our Miller for QB1), take our lumps in his first year, & go from there.

IMO, better than taking up more roster spots with Transfer QBs who MAY or MAY NOT be SEC Caliber.
I'm all in with throwing Rashada to the dogs and let him take his lumps and learn. He is a baller and his tape shows what he can and just led his high school to a state championship. Maybe he is the next Chris Leak, Leak began his career at Florida as a freshman, seeing playing time in the first few games, and taking over as the starter in the game against the Kentucky Wildcats. Leak finished his freshman year with a Southeastern Conference (SEC) record for a freshman, posting a 6–3 record as a starter, including wins over the eventual national champion LSU Tigers and the rival Georgia Bulldogs. Leak was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team and Rivals.com's Freshman All-America Team

I'm all in with throwing Rashada to the dogs and let him take his lumps and learn. He is a baller and his tape shows what he can and just led his high school to a state championship. Maybe he is the next Chris Leak, Leak began his career at Florida as a freshman, seeing playing time in the first few games, and taking over as the starter in the game against the Kentucky Wildcats. Leak finished his freshman year with a Southeastern Conference (SEC) record for a freshman, posting a 6–3 record as a starter, including wins over the eventual national champion LSU Tigers and the rival Georgia Bulldogs. Leak was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team and Rivals.com's Freshman All-America Team

Yep I would much rather a talented freshman take his lumps if we are going to go 6-6 or 7-5 than get that record with a 3rd plus year player. If Napier doesn't want to play a freshman then he better find us a portal QB that can get us an 8-4 record to show progress.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Tebow,

Agree with you & Fever.

Let Rashada take over as QB1. He will take his lumps & our record will not be great.
BUT
Lightning in a Bottle (AKA Joe Burrow) doesn't happen very often !

Let's stop wasting our time & resources - NIL$$$. etc on Transfer QBs.

We obviously DON'T have all the surrounding parts & pieces we need to be a great teams & support a quality QB.
BUT
The thrill of being QB1 at THE Univ of Florida should be enough to keep Rashada here & interested.

The sooner we get the other SEC quality players we need, the better.

Help Billy to recognize & admit that he needs to replace the DC, & get a QBC / OC; then let Billy do what he does best - RECRUIT.

Tebow,

Agree with you & Fever.

Let Rashada take over as QB1. He will take his lumps & our record will not be great.
BUT
Lightning in a Bottle (AKA Joe Burrow) doesn't happen very often !

Let's stop wasting our time & resources - NIL$$$. etc on Transfer QBs.

We obviously DON'T have all the surrounding parts & pieces we need to be a great teams & support a quality QB.
BUT
The thrill of being QB1 at THE Univ of Florida should be enough to keep Rashada here & interested.

The sooner we get the other SEC quality players we need, the better.

Help Billy to recognize & admit that he needs to replace the DC, & get a QBC / OC; then let Billy do what he does best - RECRUIT.

Well I can live with buying a "proven" QB with NIL for one season as a bridge but it needs to be one that has actually proven himself on the field already. You also need to get him here for the spring if you are going to do that.

• Haha
Bring on the xfer portal QB's, because that's worked out so well here.... 🤣

But hey, with the current QB coach, getting a QB that's been coached up by someone else, might actually be the best plan.... 😉
That’s the best plan for ANY school

Nice Read

"McElwain thought an Outback Bowl victory was the time to tell his athletic administration he was worthy of facility upgrades"
dumbest line in there.

As far as Mullen's recruiting the average fan is going to see it as Napier struggling with some talent as we were # 14 in the country (# 5 in the SEC I think) in talent composite for 2022. I think many fans realize that Mullen had an eye for getting blue chippers that didn't live up to their rankings though.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT