ADVERTISEMENT

Gators open -5.5 against TAMU....BET IT EARLY AND OFTEN!!!

That will probably move just like the LSU line when the smart money starts coming in.

Aggies and the points all day, i'd take them to win -5.5
I have been told by gamblers that they never, NEVER bet the underdog unless they think the dog can win. Then they typically go with the money line bet.

The line is down to 3. I would not be surprised to see it go down further, and maybe even switch to favor TAM, once the full details of our injury situation become apparent

Last edited:
aTm wins by +14 at the least,,,, :(
but I'd never bet against my Gators, :cool:
and I'm not a $$ gambler anyway. o_O

(but this season, I'm even avoiding the small time rival buddy beer bets) :confused:

Reactions: fsu939913
aTm wins by +14 at the least,,,, :(
but I'd never bet against my Gators, :cool:
and I'm not a $$ gambler anyway. o_O

(but this season, I'm even avoiding the small time rival buddy beer bets) :confused:
I don't bet on games, especially where the Gators are concerned because my heart always overrides my mind. Vegas oddsmakers are uncannily accurate, but I can't help but think that with the suspensions and now all the injuries, plus the anemic offense, TAM will come to Gainesville and beat us. Hope I'm wrong, as I always pull for us to win no matter the circumstances. I watched the Alabama game and they just looked better than us.

I watched the Alabama game and they just looked better than us.

Ya think.... :rolleyes:

Now add in that our Gators beat them in their house when they had Johnny Football. I'm pretty sure that they believe that they OWE the Gators one. :oops:

I always made the most wagering on our games for and against.. Especially in game live bets, we are the easiest team to see what's gonna happen after a quarter or a half that day.

This thing is coming unraveled, the suspensions + the injuries+nussmeier have handicapped this team beyond it's ability to recover, we may win two more games all year. Betting against Florida, no matter what the line is will probably be tempting the remainder of this season, maybe the entire Mac tenure

Not a betting man but don't understand why people don't bet against their own team? Seems like to me you should almost always win those bets...who knows your team better than you? Talking heads rarely pay attention to teams that aren't at the top beyond a generic level, and they help influence the public. So if you know your team you should kill them any day.

Not a betting man but don't understand why people don't bet against their own team? Seems like to me you should almost always win those bets...who knows your team better than you? Talking heads rarely pay attention to teams that aren't at the top beyond a generic level, and they help influence the public. So if you know your team you should kill them any day.

I've said this exact same thing countless times, and made the most off of my own teams, NFL and MLB as well.. It's been by far the most of my bank roll over the years back in the day doing this.. I've gone bigger than I could afford of my roll twice, but won both back in 08. Bama SEC C game -10, and -7 vs OU in the Title game.. Won both, I won a lot with that team over the season because we obliterated vegas lines and SEC teams ranked by 50 points..

And the next year when we were over valued and laying -23 and -24 against teams like UT and Miss STate on the road.. I went against us. Same goes for last week, I told guys how I felt the game would go, low scoring ugly nonsense with us losing or at the very least not covering the original line.. I think the Over might actually be something to take a look at this week because they are gonna score on us, and we will too with the run and some random passes because their secondary sucks.. But they will score more than us and their QB will keep moving the chains with our DB's backs turned on 3rd and mediums all day.. We will lose the next two in a row, and then once the Mizzou game is close, things on the internet are gonna finally go the Gator fans way that want him out NOW.. and finally give some reason to that fire being spit by our smarter fans knowing the football they are seeing is trash coaching from the top down, like the former players speaking up..

Required Gator Reading: Gene Ellenson's Letter
(the difference between those that 'KNOW' and those that are mostly clueless)

http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/10/ellensons-letter-inspired-gators-game-vs-aggies-55-years-ago/

And I won't back down.... (I fear Tom is spinning now)

4th Quarter Defense gave up 0 Pts, gave the ball to the offense 3 times.
The defense gets an B+ from me.
Would have been an A if they had gotten a quick turnover.
And an A+ if it had been a T-O with 6 pts.

4th Quarter Offense 24 yds, 0 Pts, on 3 possessions.
(no need to back down,,, when you just lay down (figuratively) and die.

Mc-Nuss / Franks on Offensive Leadership = A ZERO
Stepping up -- for the offense as a whole = D
And for the 4th Qtr = F.

Nothing at all malicious is intended, JMOHO's.... :(
Sorry, but I don't grade on a curve, just on straight up performance...

It's just tough to separate your emotions, positive and negative, from your analysis when dealing with your own team.

You also don't want to feel like you jinxed your team, since most gamblers are bad at it and lose more than they win. And betting against your team really puts you in a bad place where you get conflicted about your rooting interests.

Fantasy football basically destroyed my team allegiance to my home team Broncos. You start out thinking you can manage it and separate your gambling interests from your innocent fandom, but you end up facing someone starting your team's best player in the fantasy playoffs and by the second quarter you are openly rooting for them to rip their achilles.

Reactions: martycat1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT