ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Softball 2024

On Wed. my favorite Gator softball player (Falby) to watch was awarded the Golden Glove for the best CF in college softball.

On Thur, she showed why,,,, again!

Alabama eliminated Duke tonight in a loser's bracket game 2-1. The loser of the UF/Texas game will play Alabama in an elimination game on Sunday. The winner will be off until Monday and would have to be beaten twice to keep them out of the best 2 of 3 championship series.

Alabama eliminated Duke tonight in a loser's bracket game 2-1. The loser of the UF/Texas game will play Alabama in an elimination game on Sunday. The winner will be off until Monday and would have to be beaten twice to keep them out of the best 2 of 3 championship series.
Ok State getting smacked around by Stanford.

I know it's a broken record with several on this thread, but from preseason 8th in the SEC to the final 4. Amazing how these girls have pulled together. Absolutely spectacular. As Ocala has said, this is all gravy. Now having said that, lets kick some OU butt!

This has been a Gator team to absolutely love. Overachieved big time. great coaching job, great leadership, hard work from the freshmen and transfers. We have about as much chance of beating Oklahoma twice in a row as Trump did in getting acquitted in New York, but to get where they are from where they were picked to finish at the start of the season is incredible. And they will be better next year.

This has been a Gator team to absolutely love. Overachieved big time. great coaching job, great leadership, hard work from the freshmen and transfers. We have about as much chance of beating Oklahoma twice in a row as Trump did in getting acquitted in New York, but to get where they are from where they were picked to finish at the start of the season is incredible. And they will be better next year.
Future is certainly bright. Will bring most of the team back next season. Great experience for all these young players. Ocala, I think you mentioned we have a couple of big time recruits coming in next season?

Future is certainly bright. Will bring most of the team back next season. Great experience for all these young players. Ocala, I think you mentioned we have a couple of big time recruits coming in next season?

Ocala looks like really 5 highly rated prospects. Any guesses on what Walton will try and do in the portal?
Other than try to pick up an experienced pitcher for staff depth, probably nothing unless a true elite player becomes available. The only real position opening for next year is shortstop. That's Mia Williams' natural position, plus incoming freshman Gaby Comia is supposed to be great there.

Now softball won't start until 3 pm. Same time as the baseball game. I'll have softball on the big screen, baseball on my PC monitor.

Keagan Rothrock threw a complete game, working around 7 hits and 7 walks, while Florida pounded 10 hits, 4 home runs, off 3 Oklahaoma pitchers and beat the Sooners 9-3. Kendra Falby, who was in an 0-20 slump at the plate, made a spectacular run saving catch over her head in CF and then followed up with an inside-the-park home run to break her slump. Skylar Wallace jad 2 home runs and Reagan Walsh had 3 hits, including a 3-run HR and the Gators came alive today.
The question is, can they do it again tomorrow? Oklahoma didn't use their ace today, Kelly Maxwell, and we'll have to not only beat her, but more than likely we're going to ask Rothrock to go through this Sooner lineup 3-4 more times and limit their production again. Tough ask, but now possible. Incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
Skylar came out of her hitting slump at the end of the regular season 'right time.'

Now Kendra comes out of her's at the playoffs 'right time' and they're off and running....

Tomorrow at 2:30 PM on ESPN we'll see if they'll get a shot at winning the most improbable NC in UF sports history in any sport!

Last edited:
Per ESPN, the time has not yet been set for the Florida/Oklahoma game. May be waiting to see the outcome of Texas/Stanford.

Would he dare throw Rothrock again tomorrow?
So much for winning 20 WCWS games in a row
I would like for him to start Ava Brown just to give them a different look, but Coach Walton has been riding Rothrock like a thoroughbred and my guess is he sticks with her.

Last edited:
#1 TX beat Stanford

Now it's between #2 OK and #4 UF to see who gets to play TX for the title.

Softballers were playing loose and free, but have tightened up the last few innings. Need to get back to that nothing to lose attitude.

Disappointing way to end the game, but great run and great season.

1bf2e4c3-00e0-4a23-9f0e-baabf7da4e7e_text.gif

Reactions: ocalaman
3rd in the nation ain't nothing to sneeze at. Had a 5-2 lead after 3 innings and just couldn't do anything at the plate after that. Rothrock pitched her tail off, but that's a powerful lineup OU has. She threw 3 complete games in 3 days, well over 400 pitches. That's too much to ask of any pitcher, let alone a freshman. What a year, though. This team provided Gator fans with a ton of excitement. Next year we'll win it!

3rd in the nation ain't nothing to sneeze at. Had a 5-2 lead after 3 innings and just couldn't do anything at the plate after that. Rothrock pitched her tail off, but that's a powerful lineup OU has. She threw 3 complete games in 3 days, well over 400 pitches. That's too much to ask of any pitcher, let alone a freshman. What a year, though. This team provided Gator fans with a ton of excitement. Next year we'll win it!
Spot on! Great season nobody expected. Future looks bright for sure.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
What a great ride it was and it ain’t over yet. We still have a baseball team playing and track and field competing at the nationals.

Reactions: instaGATOR
What a great ride it was and it ain’t over yet. We still have a baseball team playing and track and field competing at the nationals.
We're on the verage of finishing out of the Top 10 in the Director's Cup for all around sports since they started awarding this in the early 90's. Softball and lacrosse gave us a boost, and we need baseball and track to pile up some points as well. No national titles so far this year. Under our AD Scott Stricklin, the overall Athletic Dept. is steadily declining.

We're on the verage of finishing out of the Top 10 in the Director's Cup for all around sports since they started awarding this in the early 90's. Softball and lacrosse gave us a boost, and we need baseball and track to pile up some points as well. No national titles so far this year. Under our AD Scott Stricklin, the overall Athletic Dept. is steadily declining.
I realize this is a softball thread, but Stricklin has turned us into Miss St. I follow track closely and this is one of Holloway's weakest units, primarily due to youthfulness. So I don't expect much out of them in Oregon. I noticed that Tennessee has now won the last 3 SEC all sports trophies too. We need to make a change at the top ASAP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT