ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Softball 2024

All 3 of the MsSt games are only offered on SEC+, so I won't be watching any of them...

Of the last 31 Gator baseball games for this regular season, I can only watch 9 of them.
That's less than 1/3 of the remaining games, because I won't play extra for SEC+.

Fans are already dwindling away, so good luck with that....

All 3 of the MsSt games are only offered on SEC+, so I won't be watching any of them...

Of the last 31 Gator baseball games for this regular season, I can only watch 9 of them.
That's less than 1/3 of the remaining games, because I won't play extra for SEC+.

Fans are already dwindling away, so good luck with that....
This is the softball thread and tonight's UF/Miss. St. SOFTBALL game is on the regular SECN at 6 pm. You are correct, though, about the UF/Miss. St baseball games only being on SEC+. But if you have the SEC Network you can get SEC+ via the ESPN app. No extra charge. It's ESPN+ that costs extra.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Rarely seen this team 'blow-up' but it can happen to any team, especially in an away game in the SEC....

Just my own WaG, but I'd bet that they come out and blow those mutts up in their 2nd go-around.... (crosses fingers)

Reactions: Nicktheslick
For the 2nd game in a row, Skylar got another 4 ball walk and another HBP. 😡

Our pitchers need to return the favor on their big girl HR hitter, I'd light her butt up....
😖

• Wow
Reactions: ocalaman
Don't look so shocked ocala, because I'm with Spurrier on crap like this, I'm an Old Testament kind of guy.
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth....

What SOS told Blobby Bowdown about late hitting Danny Wonderful to the 'echo of the whistle.'

When SOS made it clear to Saint Blobby that he intended to have his D do the same kind of crap to the criminole QB, that ended the late hits on Danny. Problem solved.....

For those who didn't watch the UF/Miss. State Game 3 today at 1 on SEC+, you missed a tremendous comeback by the Gators. I'll link the article when it posts, but we were behind 6-2 after 4 innings, got 2 in the 5th and 3 in the top of the 7th, the final 2 on a 2-run HR from Jocelyn Erickson, who had 2 HR yesterday. Kegan Rothrock, who had a tough start to the game and was relieved by Ava Brown in the 3rd with 2 outs and bases loaded, then came back in for the 5th inning and shut out the Bulldogs the rest of the way to get the win. Our freshman pitchers got hit hard by a really good Mississippi State lineup, giving up 24 runs in 3 games. Yet our offense scored 27 runs and won the series 2-1. Puts us at 31-5, 7-2 in the SEC.
Big week coming up with a game @Stetson on Wednesday and then LSU comes to town for a Saturday, Sunday Monday series, with the 1st game on ESPN at 6 pm, the 2nd game on ESPNU at 2 pm and the final game on the regular SEC Network at 7 pm. That series will help decide if the Gators are going to be serious contenders for the SEC title this year. The young pitchers are taking their lumps, but growing up fast.

Great pitching duel today, but Keagan Rothrock prevailed as the #10 Gators upset #5 LSU in the first game of their series 4-2. Clutch base hits from Falby, Wallace and Otis in the bottom of the 6th to tie the game at 1-1 and then Reagan Walsh hit a change-up over the fence to give Florida a 4-1 lead. Gators are now 33-5, 8-2 in the SEC. Sunday game is at 1 pm on ESPN2.

Gators dropped a heartbreaker to LSU 4-3 in 8 innings Sunday. Ava Brown had pitched a solid game through 6 innings, working out of several tough jams while throwing 116 pitches. The Gators had a 3-2 lead going to the 7th and Coach Walton brought in ace Keagan Rothrock for the save. But she walked the leadoff batter, who was sacrificed to 2nd and then went to third on a ground out. On a 3-2 count, one strike away from the win, the LSU hitter doubled in the gap to tie the game. Florida had their 2-3-4-5 hitters coming up in the bottom of the 7th, but other than a single from Korbe Otis, could do no damage. LSU scored a run in the top of the 8th and the bottom of the Gator order could get nothing going in the last half of the inning and LSU got the win. Rubber match is Monday at 7 pm on the SECN.

Incredible comeback win for the Gators tonight over LSU. Down 5-1 in the bottom of the 6th, the Gators scored 4 runs, 3 of them on a 2 out bases loaded triple from Kendra Falby, to tie the game 5-5. In the bottom of the 8th, still 5-5, the Gator got a 2 out walk from DP Brooke Barnard, then a double from Falby. Skylar Wallce struck out oln a drop ball in the dirt that got away from the catcher, who threw wild to first to record the out, allowing Barnard to score from third. Gators win 6-5, to improve to 34-6, 9-3 in the SEC, putting them all alone in 2nd place and will surely move them up the all the rankings that will come out tomorrow. Ava Brown threw 3 scoreless innings in relief of Keagan Rothrock to get the win in the circle.

To tell the truth, after that ugly 5th inning, I thought that the game was likely over....
But my favorite player to watch, Falby, came through yet again, and again... SWEET!

While the walk-off win contained some very unexpected luck,,, for a change.

All of that said, I thought the plate Umpire's calls were everything I expect from SEC officials....
JMOHO, but the pitching balls & strikes calls were inconsistent and off in all 3 games.
🤓
I'm just happy with another series win for the Gators...

To tell the truth, after that ugly 5th inning, I thought that the game was likely over....
But my favorite player to watch, Falby, came through yet again, and again... SWEET!

While the walk-off win contained some very unexpected luck,,, for a change.

All of that said, I thought the plate Umpire's calls were everything I expect from SEC officials....
JMOHO, but the pitching balls & strikes calls were inconsistent and off in all 3 games.
🤓
I'm just happy with another series win for the Gators...
Strike zone WAS tight and inconsistent all 3 games, but I thought it was the same badness for both teams. Equally unfairly called. :
I love Kendra Falby, too. Those last 2 at bats last night she stood still, squared up and hit the ball like a real hitter. Everybody knows she can slap, bunt and punch the ball around, but I wish she would be a real hitter more often and stand in there and drive the ball. She's a very good hitter when she does.

I'm just glad that both types of hitting are available to her. Looking at her stats, it's hard for me to say which she should be doing in any particular game or at bat. I'll leave that up to the future HoF guy that's running the team....

Gms 40 - AB 135 - Hits 58 - Ave .430 -- SB 14 of 18 - BB 12 - Runs 49

And in one of those 3 games, she stole a HR in deep center field with a highlight reel leaping catch.

Skylar is undoubtedly the best player on the team (in SEC imo), but Kendra is just FUN to watch playing the game....

Game 1 @ Missouri - Friday 6 pm on SEC+ Team Comparisons:

Gators come into the series 34-7, 9-3 in the SEC. Missouri is 31-10, 5-7 in the SEC. Missouri has significant wins over Utah, Clemson, Wisconsin, UCF, Nebraska (2), Auburn (2), Illinois (2), Kansas, LSU (2) and Arkansas. Notable losses are to San Diego St., Baylor, Auburn, Tennessee (3), LSU and Arkansas (2).
Missouri is ranked #16 by D1 Softball, Florida #7. Missouri's DSR ranking is #13, Florida's is #9. Missouri's RPI is #8, SOS #23, Florida's RPI is #13, SOS #39.
SEC comparisons are as follows:
Team BA - Florida #1 at .355, Missouri #9 at .283.
Team Slugging % - Florida #1 at .627, Missouri #11 at .435
On Base % - Florida #1 at .465, Missouri #8 at .385
Home Runs - Florida #2 with 60, Missouri #11 with 28.
Walks - Florida #1 with 181, Missouri #8 with 129
Strikeouts - Missouri with 2nd most with 192, Florida 7th most with 157
Stolen Bases - Florida #1 with 78, Missouri #3 with 48
Team ERA - Florida #4 at 2.01, Missouri #6 at 2.29
Opposing BA - Florida #2 at .185, Missouri #9 at .224
Batters Struck Out - Missouri #10 with 225, Florida #13 with 191
Walks Allowed - Florida #6 with 90, Missouri #4 with 75
Fielding % - Florida tied for #1 at .977, Missouri #8 at .970
Florida batters hitting over .300 - Korbe Otis .437, Kendra Falby .432, Skylar Wallace .431, Jocelyn Erickson .409, Reagan Walsh .385, Katie Kistler .375, Cassidy McLellan .333, Baylee Goddard .308
Missouri batters hitting over .300 - Alex Honnold .375, Jenna Laird .374, Abby Hay .348, Maddie Gallaghar .311, Kayley Lenger .310

Thinking about jumping in with softball until BB gets its act together.
I'e always watched and followed both as much as I can, regardless of how their respective seasons are going. Overall, though, I enjoy watching D1 softball more than D1 baseball.

I respect our softball team but haven’t watched much pre-cws. My impression is that it’s too pitching heavy and there’s not enough action. But that may be a function of watching just the postseason teams. There’s probably too much offense in CBB, at least when the Gators are pitching. 🤪

I respect our softball team but haven’t watched much pre-cws. My impression is that it’s too pitching heavy and there’s not enough action. But that may be a function of watching just the postseason teams. There’s probably too much offense in CBB, at least when the Gators are pitching. 🤪
Lots more action during the regular season. Gators have something like 24 run rule wins and have the 4 top BA hitters in the SEC, 2nd in home runs, 1st in stolen bases.

Reactions: bradleygator
Yeah my dad lives in Oklahoma and is a big sooner softball fan and was telling me the gators have really been coming on.

But insta and Ocala are my go to sources for the softball. Insta for the stats and ocala is like the team’s beat writer.
Game 1 @ Missouri - Friday 6 pm on SEC+ Team Comparisons:

Gators come into the series 34-7, 9-3 in the SEC. Missouri is 31-10, 5-7 in the SEC. Missouri has significant wins over Utah, Clemson, Wisconsin, UCF, Nebraska (2), Auburn (2), Illinois (2), Kansas, LSU (2) and Arkansas. Notable losses are to San Diego St., Baylor, Auburn, Tennessee (3), LSU and Arkansas (2).
Missouri is ranked #16 by D1 Softball, Florida #7. Missouri's DSR ranking is #13, Florida's is #9. Missouri's RPI is #8, SOS #23, Florida's RPI is #13, SOS #39.
SEC comparisons are as follows:
Team BA - Florida #1 at .355, Missouri #9 at .283.
Team Slugging % - Florida #1 at .627, Missouri #11 at .435
On Base % - Florida #1 at .465, Missouri #8 at .385
Home Runs - Florida #2 with 60, Missouri #11 with 28.
Walks - Florida #1 with 181, Missouri #8 with 129
Strikeouts - Missouri with 2nd most with 192, Florida 7th most with 157
Stolen Bases - Florida #1 with 78, Missouri #3 with 48
Team ERA - Florida #4 at 2.01, Missouri #6 at 2.29
Opposing BA - Florida #2 at .185, Missouri #9 at .224
Batters Struck Out - Missouri #10 with 225, Florida #13 with 191
Walks Allowed - Florida #6 with 90, Missouri #4 with 75
Fielding % - Florida tied for #1 at .977, Missouri #8 at .970
Florida batters hitting over .300 - Korbe Otis .437, Kendra Falby .432, Skylar Wallace .431, Jocelyn Erickson .409, Reagan Walsh .385, Katie Kistler .375, Cassidy McLellan .333, Baylee Goddard .308
Missouri batters hitting over .300 - Alex Honnold .375, Jenna Laird .374, Abby Hay .348, Maddie Gallaghar .311, Kayley Lenger .310
Bradley, nobody seems to stay in their own lane any more..... 😁--- 😅

• Haha
Missouri beats UF again. Ava Brown didn't have it today. Only lasted 2 innings and was charged with all 5 runs. Mackenzie Wooten & Olivia Miller shut them out the rest of the way, but Gator bats have gone pretty quiet, especially with runners in scoring position.

South Carolina @ Florida
Game 1 is Friday night at 6 pm on SEC+
Game 2 is Saturday at Noon on the SECN
Game 3 is Sunday at 11:30 AM on the SECN
South Carolina comes to Gainesville with a 29-15 record, 5-10 in the SEC. They have significant wins over Virginia (2), Utah, James Madison, UCF, Michigan State, Minnesota, Clemson, Ole Miss (3), Mississipi State and Arkansas. Losses have been to Wichita State, South Alabama, Texas A&M (3), North Carolina State, Northwestern, Tennessee (3), Mississippi State (2), Clemson and Arkansas (2).
South Carolina is last in the SEC in team batting average at .240; Florida is 1st at .345. They are 2nd in the SEC in ERA at 1.84; Florida is 4th at 2.16. South Carolina is 10th in fielding % at .969; Florida is 2nd at .977. South Carolina is last in slugging % and on base percentage, while Florida is 1st in both categories. South Carolina is last in home runs with 21, Florida is 3rd with 63. South Carolina is 6th in walks drawn with 149; Florida is 2nd with 188. South Carolina has struck out the most with 235; Florida is 7th with 171. South Carolina is 6th in stolen bases with 45; Florida is 1st with 78.
South Carolina pitching has the 3rd best team BA against at .193, Florida is 2nd at .188. South Carolina has the 6th most K's with 254; Florida is last with 202. South Carolina is 9th in fewest walks allowed with 110; Florida is tied for 6th with 100. South Carolina is 2nd in fewest home runs allowed with 14; Florida is 1st with only 12. South Carolina is 3rd in fewest hit batter with 18; Florida is 10th with 28.
South Carolina has excellent pitching, but the worst offense in the SEC. For Florida to win, our pitchers have to match the Gamecocks in location and efficiency, while our lineup has to be better than they have been against high quality pitchers. SC's losses to Texas A&M were by scores of 3-0, 2-1 in 10 innings and 2-1. Tennessee beat them 2-1 in 10 innings and then blasted them 7-0 and 8-0. They shut out Ole Miss twice. Miss. State shut them out twice and then they beat them 4-3. They beat Arkansas 2-1 and lost to them 4-3 and 3-0. So they are used to low scoring, tight games and we're going to have to play clean and efficient.

UF softball lost to South Carolina today. Gamecocks only had 21 home runs for the season and got 1 yesterday and 4 more today. Ava Brown took the loss and we got beat by grad transfer from Stanford Alana Vawter, the AA pitcher everybody thought was coming to Gainesville, but got a big NIL deal at the last minute from South Carolina.

Nice comeback win by the Gators to take the series and improve to 37-10, 12-6. Gators have 8 games left in the regular season - hosting FSU Wednesday, @ Georgia next weekend, @ FSU the following Wednesday and then hosting Texas A&M. Hoping for the best but it's going to be tough.
Today, little used grad transfer Mackenzie Wooten relived starter Keagan Rothrock with Florida down 5-2, 1 run already in, no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd in the top of the 4th and got out of the mess without giving up another run. She pitched 2 more innings as the Gators got the win, with Ava Brown throwing thr 7th inning for her 1st save.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT