ADVERTISEMENT

FSUs recruiting class is...

and recruiting isn't finished. I'd venture to say we'll finish around 15 (depending on the source).

Im not as worried about where we finish this yr as i am about us developing the guys we do get. The gators are living proof of that. Look what Mullen has done with some development. Hell, Clemson has nvr really signed the best class until this yr. I dont have the numbers but my guess would be over the last 10 yrs....they have finished top 5 more than 3 times...

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Im not as worried about where we finish this yr as i am about us developing the guys we do get. The gators are living proof of that. Look what Mullen has done with some development. Hell, Clemson has nvr really signed the best class until this yr. I dont have the numbers but my guess would be over the last 10 yrs....they have finished top 5 more than 3 times...
I don't disagree with this. And the flip side is some teams have signed top rated classes and are still losing 2-3 games per year.

Reactions: fsu939913
I don't disagree with this. And the flip side is some teams have signed top rated classes and are still losing 2-3 games per year.

I think recruiting is important but i think developing is even more important. Especially with the portal in place where guys transfer constantly. Would i rather have the number 1 class? Yes of course but to me, im worried about winning 8 games next yr and being competitive with clemson and UF first

I think recruiting is important but i think developing is even more important. Especially with the portal in place where guys transfer constantly. Would i rather have the number 1 class? Yes of course but to me, im worried about winning 8 games next yr and being competitive with clemson and UF first
Noles biggest issue is both lines of scrimmage. I think skill player wise they have athletes. If I were a nolie I would want the class loaded with the big uglies....not sure that happened yesterday to the level that you needed.

Reactions: SwampLander
Stole this from another board
20191219_063703-jpg.18529

Noles biggest issue is both lines of scrimmage. I think skill player wise they have athletes. If I were a nolie I would want the class loaded with the big uglies....not sure that happened yesterday to the level that you needed.

We have a bunch of guys but they are all freshman. They are young and not developed. We actually had to turn away some guards who were committed because have too many. We got a center, which we need for the future. The biggest thing we are lacking is OTs....supposedly we are looking at 2 grad transfers for that. On the d line we are missing DEs and we signed 2.

To me our greatest need is QB, slim blows at quarterbacking and we addressed that.

I do agree with you on the line that we need to constantly improve there. As of now we have 3 guys that can play at a high level with Washington, our freshman gaurd last yr cant remember his name, and boselli. All 3 of those are at least good. The other 2 are trash need to improve or get some grad transfers. Typically you would want 7 or 8 rly good lineman but if we had a better QB last yr we would have won 2 or 3 more games. Its not like the ACC was strong last yr.

You couldmake the case that the guys we got arent elite, think there is merit to that but lineman are the hardest to evaluate so i dont think anyone rly knows yet. Fair points tho

and recruiting isn't finished. I'd venture to say we'll finish around 15 (depending on the source).

You should sign a few more, just from your situation. However, every year there are fewer top players available after early signing. So don't know that you can sign that much quality talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT