ADVERTISEMENT

FSU practicing at IMG academy but its not for recruiting...lol...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...cademy-preseason-practice-20180810-story.html

Florida State's preseason practices at Bradenton IMG Academy next week will not be a one-time affair.

FSU announced Friday it has agreed to a multi-year deal with IMG to host future preseason practices at the institution.

By signing the multi-year agreement, FSU is now permitted by NCAA regulations to publicize and promote the practices. Last week, FSU announced plans of having some preseason practices at an off-campus location, without mentioning IMG to avoid NCAA penalties....

The off-campus practices is a first for Florida State under new coach Willie Taggart, who hopes to foster great team comradery while capitalizing on national exposure for the distinct workouts.
---------------------------

How is this crap allowed by the NCAA? That is BS it isn't considered recruiting if they claim they aren't recruiting while practicing. It makes a mockery of the rules.

Don’t see the issue. Who cares where a team practices? Even if they’re recruiting so what? They could just as easily invite all those recruits on their campus to watch practices. So basically people are complaining about the location recruits get to watch. Seems dumb.

It makes a mockery of the rules IMO but it is what it is. Maybe we should try to exploit the rules for once in recent years.

Don’t see the issue. Who cares where a team practices? Even if they’re recruiting so what? They could just as easily invite all those recruits on their campus to watch practices. So basically people are complaining about the location recruits get to watch. Seems dumb.

Yep. A few years ago when Saban started using former players in practice, Urban was asked about it during a PC, and he got up and left in the middle of the PC. He went outside and immediately called his staff to see if it was something Ohio State could be doing too. He found out it was, so they stated doing it too.

That's the way to handle it. If it works for FSU, find a way to make it work for you.

Yep. A few years ago when Saban started using former players in practice, Urban was asked about it during a PC, and he got up and left in the middle of the PC. He went outside and immediately called his staff to see if it was something Ohio State could be doing too. He found out it was, so they stated doing it too.

That's the way to handle it. If it works for FSU, find a way to make it work for you.

Lol just like bags of cash.

You don't think Bama related people are paying recruits?

Maybe early on, and I think that's even a low possibility.

I think people want a lot of excuses for why Bama is as good as they are, and they like to bring up Bama's less than stellar history, but I don't think it's a thing.

Just saying.

When you're the Clown-U located in tallycrappy, you have got to,,, think outside of the box. :confused:

And considering that the box is full of free shoes and other goodies, they couldn't do any thinking or anything else inside of that over-loaded box if they had too... :rolleyes:

Grasping at straws is becoming a way of life for the SoW apparently... :cool:

Harbaugh took his team on a European vacation.

And as a result...Michigan receivers will be surrendering to DB’s this season like they’re French...

DcHNbI0W4AAu8s4.jpg

You would assume that Saban is paying his players.

Nobody with any logic or reasoning skills things players are getting bags of cash.

Now, is their Auntie hooked up with a fine job for, oh, 3-4 years and it just so happens that she can now afford to send some money to her poor starving nephew in college? And maybe cosign a lease for a fine vehicle? That is a whole other discussion.

We lost a 3 and gained a 4.

The world is falling.

So Florida has two 4-stars in the last 2 weeks.

Alabama has one in the same timeframe.

Georgia has one in the same timeframe.

Florida State has none in the same timeframe.

Miami has none in the same timeframe.

You can see why Fever is worried about recruiting :rolleyes:

Florida has two Rivals 250 commits in 2 weeks, Florida's star average almost equal to #2 class, Fever says recruiting is 'crappy as hell' for Florida.

LOL

You can spin crap anyway you want just but the recruiting is not up to standards. Its an absolute joke we could end up with a class that is 7th in the SEC.

That average star mess is just spin by you and we are on track to be well down the list in the SEC on Rivals blue chipper points also. Maybe I should tell Mullen to get another really small class so you can keep trumpeting nonsense about average stars. lol

You can spin crap anyway you want just but the recruiting is not up to standards. Its an absolute joke we could end up with a class that is 7th in the SEC.

That average star mess is just spin by you and we are on track to be well down the list in the SEC on Rivals blue chipper points also. Maybe I should tell Mullen to get another really small class so you can keep trumpeting nonsense about average stars. lol

You're the one spinning, brother. And we all see why, because you don't want to admit you were wrong about recruiting.

You cried about Mullen's 3-stars, so in 2 weeks he's landed TWO Rivals 250 4-stars.

Your reaction? You claim Florida's recruiting is 'crappy' and 'pathetic'. Yet Mullen is doing precisely what you wanted him to do: Cutting loose 3-stars and bringing in Rivals 250 players.

And you still can't admit that you were wrong. Gonna be fun watching you continue to spin from now till NSD.

You're the one spinning, brother. And we all see why, because you don't want to admit you were wrong about recruiting.

You cried about Mullen's 3-stars, so in 2 weeks he's landed TWO Rivals 250 4-stars.

Your reaction? You claim Florida's recruiting is 'crappy' and 'pathetic'. Yet Mullen is doing precisely what you wanted him to do: Cutting loose 3-stars and bringing in Rivals 250 players.

And you still can't admit that you were wrong. Gonna be fun watching you continue to spin from now till NSD.

Show me where I cried about Mullen's 3 stars or asked him to cut 3 stars? I dont focus on that much so I doubt I mentioned it too often.

I dont need to spin the recruiting isn't up to standards unless someone is crazy enough to think 7th Rivals in the SEC is good for UF at the end. It is pathetic not to even be in the top 5 in your own conference at UF. I can see why a Bama fan might find it funny however.

Show me where I cried about Mullen's 3 stars or asked him to cut 3 stars?.

Seriously?!? LMAO! Why do you think everyone is telling you to STFU? LOL

Up till now, you have always judged Florida recruiting in real-time. You look at what is happening in July, and you criticize. We told you over and over again that you CANNOT DO THAT. You can't judge a recruiting class in real-time, especially not in July.

Then August rolls around.....Florida gets a pair of Rivals 250 commits, and drops one of those 3-stars that you were complaining about Mullen getting. And suddenly....you don't want to judge Florida recruiting in real-time. Suddenly, even after getting a PAIR of Rivals 250 recruits, you call Florida's recruiting 'crappy' and 'pathetic'.

If you were fine with judging Florida recruiting in real-time in July, why can't you do it in August?

Because it blows up your narrative.

Mostly we don't like it - because we aren't doing it lol

If we were doing this, sadgator would think it was genius...

Because FSU is doing it, sadgator thinks it is cheating...

Lol i love you becuz of your honesty. We arent "recruiting but we are recruiting. Its exposure. Not sure how this is allowed....in a dead period. Glad we are doing it tho

Last edited:

I would agree...but its a dead period

Nobody with any logic or reasoning skills things players are getting bags of cash.

Now, is their Auntie hooked up with a fine job for, oh, 3-4 years and it just so happens that she can now afford to send some money to her poor starving nephew in college? And maybe cosign a lease for a fine vehicle? That is a whole other discussion.

I dont think players are paid except on rare occasions. I mean, the same coaches can recruit no matter where they go. Jimbo could recruit at LSU FSU and now texas a and m. Now that doesnt mean that they dont get help here and there but most loose cannons think there is guy waiting with bag outside of the stadium to hand to recruits...its non sense.

I would agree...but its a dead period

Recruits can still contact coaches during a dead period, just can't be in person. Technically, a recruit could roll up to practice and as long as the coaches don't address them it's not an issue. Might seem dumb but its true.

Reactions: fsu939913
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT