ADVERTISEMENT

FSU hires Taggart

Well Noles here is your man. Thoughts?

Gatornation are we happy?

I like the Mullen hire better but im a homer for Florida. Taggart is an elite recruiter with ties to Florida. We will see how well he can coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Poor Willie Taggart, he is dumb enough to leave that football palace in Eugene to go to that dumphole in Tallahassee. The administration doesnt care about winning and those facilities are despicable.

Willie dont go, just ask sleazebob.

Last edited:
Question? Statement? Assertion?

Word is Cristobal is coming, but Leavitt will be offered HC.
Jim Leavitt built USF from scratch into a Top 10 program before getting fired for alleged mistreatment of some players. He's a quality coach who, to me, deserves a 2nd chance.

Reactions: tnole903
I think it's far too early to know who is coming with Taggart or staying behind. An Oregon sportswriter wrote a piece before knowing if Taggert was leaving questioning the risky nature of hiring " mercenary" coaches like Taggart.

Oregon knew of his recruiting prowess and the subsequent risk of his leaving for a better job. Oregon has never had a situation like this he explained. I'll leave a link to the story if you are interested.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2017/12/canzano_so_long_willie_taggart.html

Last edited:
My ITG like did not express any opinion on the merits of the coach that FSU chose to hire, but instead, expresses my appreciation of PlutoDroid making the often thankless effort to provide basic information to ITG readers [†].

Altho' it seems that many of us Gators need to learn that the correct spelling of the new Nole h.c.'s last name is "Taggart" (no 'e', if we can trust "Noles247").

-------
Note †: That's "basic information", albeit not completely "official" in this instance, as sharply contrasted with the uselessly titled thread "It's happening", which was a nearly complete waste of time despite containing more than 600 postings over its 2 weeks of troll-infested and overall-inconclusive activity (Nov. 14--27), which ended before UF hired Dan Mullen--not Chip Kelly--as the new Gator head football coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlutoDroid
Altho' it seems that many of us Gators need to learn that the correct spelling of the new Nole h.c.'s last name is "Taggart" (no 'e', if we can trust "247sports.com")
Fixed it, at least in this thread.

Last edited:
My ITG like did not express any opinion on the merits of the coach that FSU chose to hire, but instead, expresses my appreciation of PlutoDroid making the often thankless effort to provide basic information to ITG readers [†].

Altho' it seems that many of us Gators need to learn that the correct spelling of the new Nole h.c.'s last name is "Taggart" (no 'e', if we can trust "247sports.com").

-------
Note †: That's "basic information" as sharply contrasted with the uselessly titled thread "It's happening", which was a nearly complete waste of time despite containing more than 600[/] postings over its 2 weeks of frantic-but-inconclusive activity (Nov. 14--27), which ended before UF hired Dan Mullen--not Chip Kelly--as our new head football coach.
well, look who crawled out of his computer case...

Who would have known FSU had a HC opening this year?

He is from FL and he knows the landscape well here. Any coach is a risk so who knows how he will do. He is an excellent recruiter and does hire quality assistants.

Our roster is really good only missing a few pieces. He will have total support from the Admin, boosters and fans

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
If we got Taggart, I would have been OK with it.
He was down the list. He could have rebuilt our roster, given Mac's recruiting. But unless he turns out to be a better coach than what he has shown thus far, he would not have lasted more than 4-5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
He was down the list. He could have rebuilt our roster, given Mac's recruiting. But unless he turns out to be a better coach than what he has shown thus far, he was a would not have lasted more than 4-5 years.

Yea, I would have been "OK", not excited.

I am just glad Charlie didnt go to FSU, because I like him.

I like the Willie hire because he seems to bring excitement. I have lived in Austin for the last 5 plus years. Charlie did not appear to bring anything remotely close to excitement while he was at UT. Charlie may have been the safer bet but it is what it is. Either Willie wins 10 games a year or he doesn't.

He was down the list. He could have rebuilt our roster, given Mac's recruiting. But unless he turns out to be a better coach than what he has shown thus far, he was a would not have lasted more than 4-5 years.

Exactly how I felt. If ya hire Willie worst case scenario was a loaded roster. No real evidence of elite coaching

Willie was our #1 target. I’m glad he wasn’t interested in UF. Both schools got their best fit.
agreed. Hope Mullen works out, I miss when our game actually meant something...honestly thought Champ was going to be the guy...Mac was a joke...let's see what Mullen can do. Heck, I don't even have a snarky nickname for him.

Mullen, more proven at a P5 school. Florida ties, High floor.

Taggert, bounced around quite a bit turning around a couple AAC programs. Just above .500 record in first year at P5 school. He can recruit, but solid Jimbo. He is taking over a lot of talent. I just hope he can put together a solid organization that can be sustained. The one big concern many had about Fisher was could he sustain an elite program, not just rebuild one. Well, Taggert is an even bigger question mark in that area. Potentially high ceiling, but also a high bust potential.

Well Noles here is your man. Thoughts?

Gatornation are we happy?

I like the Mullen hire better but im a homer for Florida. Taggart is an elite recruiter with ties to Florida. We will see how well he can coach.

rolling the dice IMO

Reactions: tnole903
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT