ADVERTISEMENT

Fsu hires Randy Shannon as analyst

I wish Dan Mullen would hire a fired head coach or two as an offensive or defensive analyst, but I would have passed on Shannon.

This will not help FSU more than they'll ever know.

For some reason, Shannon was credited for developing the Miami teams of 2000 and 2001 when they had record number of players drafted in the NFL. We all know those were Butch Davis's players and his defense. It's very obvious why he was fired at his very own alma mater.

He was a sh!tty recruiter as well as a sh!tty assistant at UF.

Reactions: mcanes
Shannon sucks!! He hasn’t progressed with the game. He still runs the old school crappy soft defensive system.

He was bad at Miami, bad at UF, bad at UCF so now he is taking his talents to Tally.

Reactions: gatordad3
If you watched UCF's horrible defense last year, you saw an example of Randy Shannon as a coach.

Reactions: CallmeKG
Shannon sucks!! He hasn’t progressed with the game. He still runs the old school crappy soft defensive system.

He was bad at Miami, bad at UF, bad at UCF so now he is taking his talents to Tally.

We are only paying 45k tho lol This was my feeling on him, glad its just an analyst role.

Reactions: fsumc
I wish Dan Mullen would hire a fired head coach or two as an offensive or defensive analyst, but I would have passed on Shannon.

This will not help FSU more than they'll ever know.

For some reason, Shannon was credited for developing the Miami teams of 2000 and 2001 when they had record number of players drafted in the NFL. We all know those were Butch Davis's players and his defense. It's very obvious why he was fired at his very own alma mater.

He was a sh!tty recruiter as well as a sh!tty assistant at UF.

I think the biggest reason he was hired was because of his connections in Miami (for recruiting purposes), we are struggling signing kids from Miami so maybe he gives us some insight. Hes only making 45k so i dont think he can do to much damage....... If Saban can turn butch davis around....

It’s pretty wild that Shannon has been at like almost every Florida school...next stop...probably USF...

Its actually funny lol Miami had this guy as head coach lol thats INSANE to me. Analyst is best for him

I don’t know what Butch we are talking about but Butch Jones and Randy Shannon are terrible. That much I do know. I wouldn’t want those 2 anywhere near my program.

Reactions: GatorNation79
As Luke From Duke used to warn us...

When you’re considering Butch...

“You gotta be careful...”

Butch...

Butch+Davis+Randy+Shannon.JPG

Butch...

37cecea6063179b4c63faedde21118d0.jpg

Butch...

6d76a5966bb7e0d7fddb56421c1b8618.gif

Butch...

butch.png

Butch...
047c954dddc8ce86c0bcaa48f63dbad6.jpg

I don’t know what Butch we are talking about but Butch Jones and Randy Shannon are terrible. That much I do know. I wouldn’t want those 2 anywhere near my program.

I meant to say butch jones but buffooned it... both are horrible which is why both became analyst.

I totally get this analysts thing now! Hire a coach that sucks and don’t listen to anything he says. Saban’s a genius.

Reactions: fsu939913
I think the biggest reason he was hired was because of his connections in Miami (for recruiting purposes), we are struggling signing kids from Miami so maybe he gives us some insight. Hes only making 45k so i dont think he can do to much damage....... If Saban can turn butch davis around....
Too lazy to recruit. Nice guy, but not motivated.

This will help FSU more than you could ever know...
Right now, pulling three of the four fans left in the stands and a) putting them on the field or b) putting them in a "coaching analyst" position would help F$Ucks. They were so fortunate that we didn't get a chance to hang 70 on them this past season, but, of course, we can't beat them in hoops. But that's not really a push.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT