ADVERTISEMENT

Franks Takes Step Back

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
From Saturday Down South. I think this article is detailed and accurate. I said after the game that if the teams had switched QB's UF wins the game. This guy seems to agree. Franks has been better under Mullen and I've been a defender of his all season for his improvement and leadership qualities. But we have to be realistic and honest when it comes to evaluating our team. I truly hope he and the team re-groups and plays more consistently and error-free Saturday.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...MP7DykLfoBSwoWSNPoPVUl34h59Rx-jO2FwqHdoA9a6W4

He's just limited, particularly in this offense. Mullen has gotten more out of him than I thought he would, and both get big credit for that. But I think Mullen's offense needs a more natural runner to really click.

He's just limited, particularly in this offense. Mullen has gotten more out of him than I thought he would, and both get big credit for that. But I think Mullen's offense needs a more natural runner to really click.

That and a BETTER decision maker. This week scares me. Will we see the 65 point Missouri or last weeks 14 point team?

Franks is da-man. Plus he's the only QB on the roster.
He's great and can make every throw and runs like a deer.
He also makes great decisions all the time, so get off his back... :cool:
(besides, Dan doesn't want to wake up with a horse head in his bed) ;)

:eek::eek::D

I watched the game. Franks is a disaster

The eye rolls that your "Mullen only plays Franks instead of Trask is because there's an external (mafia style) force intimidating him into doing that is hilarious.

You're such a loser. For such a strong man, who in kind loves strong men, you sure do have a weakness.

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
Instaturd showing up to be the normal d-bag that we know...what can you CLEARLY state that you think that Trask is our best option? 3-4 last coaches back to high school don't think so. He's probably a great kid...we don't care about that...we want to win...Franks is a good kid but we need better to be elite. Your obsession with this kid unless you really know him is really weird. You're probably the kind of guy who goes to a peep show instead of a strip club (total pussy)...do you want Trask to hold you Insta? lmfao It's probably somethign super dark and disturbing like that because you're so insecure it shows.

Please tell us about some lame circle jerk theory that doesn't exist. You're defiantly a sociopath and have mental issues bro...I'll chip in some money to get you checked out.

That and a BETTER decision maker. This week scares me. Will we see the 65 point Missouri or last weeks 14 point team?

Mizzou isn’t scoring 65 on our defense. Franks has a bad week but he rebounded after the Kentucky game, so I’m hoping he’ll come out rejuvenated. And while last week was bad, it was head and shoulders better than he was in last years uga game. I personally don’t think we should even see him as a sophomore qb, bc last year was probably worse for him than riding the bench. The kid got no coaching and his confidence was destroyed. The fact that he has made so few bad plays this year shows that he has grown under Mullen.

There is no such thing as Alum or team politics in college football.
Never has been, never will be.
Only the best player at a position ever gets on the field as a starter.
So if he starts, he's obviously proven to be the best, mistakes never occur.
Anytime a group of jerks agree, then that's all the proof that's needed on any point.
The Earth is flat and the center of the finite universe.
Cokes in the SWAMP only cost $1.00.... :rolleyes:

Mizzou isn’t scoring 65 on our defense. Franks has a bad week but he rebounded after the Kentucky game, so I’m hoping he’ll come out rejuvenated. And while last week was bad, it was head and shoulders better than he was in last years uga game. I personally don’t think we should even see him as a sophomore qb, bc last year was probably worse for him than riding the bench. The kid got no coaching and his confidence was destroyed. The fact that he has made so few bad plays this year shows that he has grown under Mullen.
I think we win by 10...our defense will stop them more than they will stop us... they aren't scoring more than 24. Sounds like Henderson is back...if Chauncey is good they aren't just throwing the ball all over us and I don't see them running on us much...does anyone know if and when Stewart is back?

Reactions: ih8f$u
They run an up tempo offense that throws the ball quick, so probably not many sacks but if we stop the run and disrupt things in the passing game we got those guys.

There is no such thing as Alum or team politics in college football.
Never has been, never will be.
Only the best player at a position ever gets on the field as a starter.
So if he starts, he's obviously proven to be the best, mistakes never occur.
Anytime a group of jerks agree, then that's all the proof that's needed on any point.
The Earth is flat and the center of the finite universe.
Cokes in the SWAMP only cost $1.00.... :rolleyes:

You are so full of condescending, passive-aggressive dog crap

To me it's all about our guys. If they play like they did vs. LSU we win the rest of our games. Play like they did against KY & GA, they could lose to anyone except Idaho. There is little margin for error with this year's Gator team. Win the turnover battle, play smart and aggressive or risk losing.

..does anyone know if and when Stewart is back?

C.J. and Stewart are back.
No word on Edwards who also did not play vs UGly?
However, Edwards is listed as C.J.'s backup on the official depth chart for Mizzou.

Last edited:
There was never was ANY doubt that UGA wins with Mullen starting Franks. Mullen has been laying awake for 365 days after Kirby hit him with that flea-flicker in Athens last year. Told my buddy at the game, "watch this arrogant hack call for the flea-flicker the first play"..............and he did. If Franks wasn't such a bigger hack than Mullen he would have hit your WR in stride. Mullen isn't your miracle. He was terrible at MSU, having never sniffed a West Title. Dude has been riding Tebow's coattails since he left UF to coach MSU. UF was desperate after firing the Shark rapist and thought Mullen might bring back some magic! You won't admit it but Florida is the new Tennessee.:D Kirby and the DawgNation revel in your misery.

Sure thing, 3 missing CB's and a safety had nothing to do with it... :rolleyes:

#25 CB Marco Wilson 6-0 190 So - Fr 1st Team All SEC

#16 CB C.J. Henderson 6-1 191 So - Fr 2nd Team All SEC.

#19 CB/FS Brad Stewart 6-1 200 So - Fr DB backup, current FS starter

#58 CB Brian Edwards 6-2 192 So - current backup to C.J.

===========

What UGly got to play against were tFr and 2nd-3rd team DB's

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Reactions: ih8f$u
There was never was ANY doubt that UGA wins with Mullen starting Franks. Mullen has been laying awake for 365 days after Kirby hit him with that flea-flicker in Athens last year. Told my buddy at the game, "watch this arrogant hack call for the flea-flicker the first play"..............and he did. If Franks wasn't such a bigger hack than Mullen he would have hit your WR in stride. Mullen isn't your miracle. He was terrible at MSU, having never sniffed a West Title. Dude has been riding Tebow's coattails since he left UF to coach MSU. UF was desperate after firing the Shark rapist and thought Mullen might bring back some magic! You won't admit it but Florida is the new Tennessee.:D Kirby and the DawgNation revel in your misery.
I didn't know that a dumber UGA fan could show up...then you did show up...not a surprise, it's Halloween. You said so much stupid shit you're just going to straight retard status from now on. Talking all your crap after the game..."Destiny Dawgs" lmfao...come back and win more than the east in multiple years in a decade...stripper name #ho...we'll call you harry butt licker from now. #bitchdog

Stfu....you're an embarrassing...even for a UGA fan.

When was your last National Title?

You aren't getting one this year either, keep up your delusions leg humper. Mullen doesn't have the handicap of coaching at Mississippi State anymore.

Enjoy getting beaten back to the corner like the simpering mutt Alabama always makes you into. That is....if you make it to Atlanta.

Reactions: skybsbll
UGA will beat Florida 10 years in a row. I have mentioned this multiple times. Going to be a long road for gator fans when talking with dawgs......

To me it's all about our guys. If they play like they did vs. LSU we win the rest of our games. Play like they did against KY & GA, they could lose to anyone except Idaho. There is little margin for error with this year's Gator team. Win the turnover battle, play smart and aggressive or risk losing.

I think we have done pretty well except for turnovers. Clean that up we should go to 10-2. We don't face anybody great in the last 4, or even very good. 2 decent teams, one 1-AA, and one imploding.

UGA will beat Florida 10 years in a row. I have mentioned this multiple times. Going to be a long road for gator fans when talking with dawgs......

Funny stuff. UGa might get us one more year, then it's going to be a long string of almost all Gator victories. Accept the reality.

Wow. You are delusional enough to qualify as a Nole.

I won't bother laughing at the individual portions of this stupidity, just one general belly laugh over the entire mess.

I give Mullen credit for getting most of the Driskeling out of Franks but if you go back and look at the games we said he did good against power 5 teams it was mostly just a mirage and was the result of just throwing a bunch of safe swing passes behind the line of scrimmage mostly. His passing taking out those hasn't been good at all. When someone is as bad as he was last season you fall into the trap of thinking he played good just because he made 2 passes in a game that were good passes while other QBs are routinely making those same passes.

My guess would be Franks stats are really bad if you went and just looked at passes that were thrown a yard or more beyond the line of scrimmage in our power 5 games.

Nah he had genuinely improved in multiple areas. His QBR against the blitz for example was only second behind Tua in the SEC prior to the UGA game. And we actually had attempted more downfield passes than anybody in the conference up to that point, if anything his completion % was hurt by that. There were also multiple times a game he was going through multiple reads, taking the open checkdown, etc which are all things Mullen commented on at his PC’s.

Doesn’t matter anymore though, all that has gone out the window the last two weeks. The big problem as far as I can see is he’s mentally weak and can’t bounce back from bad plays. If he starts off good he has a good game, otherwise he gets in his own head and just rifles everything a 100 miles an hour and then starts pouting. Which is probably why Mullen benched him, he said all season he would only bench him if he started pouting and stopped taking coaching and that’s exactly what happened. He’s a baby.

Nah he had genuinely improved in multiple areas. His QBR against the blitz for example was only second behind Tua in the SEC prior to the UGA game. And we actually had attempted more downfield passes than anybody in the conference up to that point, if anything his completion % was hurt by that. There were also multiple times a game he was going through multiple reads, taking the open checkdown, etc which are all things Mullen commented on at his PC’s.

Doesn’t matter anymore though, all that has gone out the window the last two weeks. The big problem as far as I can see is he’s mentally weak and can’t bounce back from bad plays. If he starts off good he has a good game, otherwise he gets in his own head and just rifles everything a 100 miles an hour and then starts pouting. Which is probably why Mullen benched him, he said all season he would only bench him if he started pouting and stopped taking coaching and that’s exactly what happened. He’s a baby.
Agreed. Franks definetly improved. But he’s so soft mentally that he can’t sustain anything.

That was a joke about the under pressure stuff. He was getting credit on that stat for rolling out with no one near him and hitting a basic pass that was wide open. Franks isn't good when he has people coming and can't scramble out to clear daylight.

Thinking about looking at offensive plays only video in our power 5 games and see what his % is when he isnt throwing basic swing passes at or behind the line of scrimmage.

That was a joke about the under pressure stuff. He was getting credit on that stat for rolling out with no one near him and hitting a basic pass that was wide open. Franks isn't good when he has people coming and can't scramble out to clear daylight.

Thinking about looking at offensive plays only video in our power 5 games and see what his % is when he isnt throwing basic swing passes at or behind the line of scrimmage.

It only measures pressure on standard dropbacks. Besides, every other QB is judged the same way. Doesn’t mean he is/was some good QB, but he had improved some. Once more tape got out on him in Mullen’s offense people could attack his weaknesses again.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I am sure the power 5 games we won are a little better with Franks passing the ball past the line of scrimmage but here is the breakdown from watching the gator offensive plays in our 3 losses when he did actually throw the ball past the line - even if it was just a little past the line of scrimmage.

Missouri: 6 of 16 (37.5%)
Georgia: 5 of 11 (45.5%)
Kentucky: 13 of 34 (38.2%) - surprised we threw threw the ball down the field that much that game.

24 of 61: (39.3%) total those 3 games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT