ADVERTISEMENT

Former 5* WR Shorter to UF!

Love it! What is this four 5 stars Mullen has transferred in now? Grimes, Cox, Lingard. Shorter.....any others?

Haven't recruited one outta high school yet but grabbing them all outta the portal!

#1 WR Justin Shorter 6-4 226 4.5/40 rsSo - (8/247, 2018 class to PSU)
His very early rock solid commit to PSU reduced his offer list, but everyone wanted him.

Per S.I. -- There’s definitely a case to be made for his waiver eligibility, considering Penn State has had some coaching staff changes including offensive coordinator Ricky Rahne and several assistants leaving for Old Dominion.

As a five-star recruit in the 2018 class, Shorter was the No. 8 overall recruit and was targeted by nearly every major program in the country.

With Mullen and Billy G coaching him he’s going to get every opportunity to be developed and coached up.

It’s a great pickup!

Love it! What is this four 5 stars Mullen has transferred in now? Grimes, Cox, Lingard. Shorter.....any others?

Haven't recruited one outta high school yet but grabbing them all outta the portal!

Five Stars in Dan's 2020 class:

#3 DT/SDE Gervon Dexter 6-6 276 Fr ***** 6.1
- Lake Wales, FL
Offers: UA- and everybody else...

#4 ILB/BUCK Derek Wingo 6-1 215 Fr ***** 6.1 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Offers: UF-AU-UG-UK-Miz-MS-SCa-TN -- Flipped from PSU
Clem-FSU-Mia-Mich-Neb-tOSU-OK-Ore-TX-Wis-- (29 Offers)

2020 Eligibility uncertain for the 2nd two for now:

#2 RB Lorenzo Lingard Jr 6-0 200 ***** rsSo - Miami, FL (2018 Miami - xfer) - EE
Offers: Mia--UF-UA-AU-UGA-Miz-MS-SCa-TN--CU-FSU-ND-tOSU-OK-etc

#1 WR Justin Shorter 6-4 226 4.5/40 rsSo in 2020 (8/247, 2018 class to PSU)
His very early rock solid commit to PSU reduced his offer list, but everyone wanted him.
Per S.I. -- There’s definitely a case to be made for his waiver eligibility, considering Penn State has had some coaching staff changes including offensive coordinator Ricky Rahne and several assistants leaving for Old Dominion.

=====
5 stars Grimes and Cox were in previous classes.
Grimes was immediately eligible in 2018, Cox was not in 2019.

So, 4 of the 6 roster 5-stars can play in 2020, with 2 more possible.

and don’t foget, all these transfers like Grennard, Scueller, Grimes and Jefferson din’t show up in recruiting rankings so they don’t count
Good point but the all stars are returning to GVille. The turn around has been impressive, methodical...not sure where we end up it's nice seeing a coach that can put it all together. Really impressive.

Yeah, with all the sexual sicko hazing at Pedo State, hopefully can get that waiver.

I can't see him not getting one. All he has to say is that, while he didn't witness anything personally (unless he did witness it, or, God forbid, it also happened to him, which would make it even more obvious he should get the waiver), he was aware of what was going on, and it bothered him tremendously, so he decided to transfer rather than be on a team that allowed such behavior.

But then, NCAA is likely going to give across the board waivers to any PSU player that wants to leave, so may not need to say anything.

As a five-star recruit in the 2018 class, Shorter was the No. 8 overall recruit and was targeted by nearly every major program in the country.

With Mullen and Billy G coaching him he’s going to get every opportunity to be developed and coached up.

It’s a great pickup!

Assuming the waiver, I'm not counting on this guy to be a big help right away. We run a different offense than PSU, and put a lot of emphasis on WR blocking. I think he will be a capable backup, and catch a few balls, but I doubt he will pick up the whole offense well enough to be a difference maker in 2020. But, if he follows the development path of our other WR's, he could be a star in the making in 2021, when he will be a redshirt junior.

Gervon Dexter and Derek Wingo beg to differ.

I think Grimes was a 4 star.

Last edited:
Assuming the waiver, I'm not counting on this guy to be a big help right away. We run a different offense than PSU, and put a lot of emphasis on WR blocking. I think he will be a capable backup, and catch a few balls, but I doubt he will pick up the whole offense well enough to be a difference maker in 2020. But, if he follows the development path of our other WR's, he could be a star in the making in 2021, when he will be a redshirt junior.
I actually look for him to be more like Pitts in 2021 when Pitts moves on. I think Shorter is next in line.

I can't see him not getting one. All he has to say is that, while he didn't witness anything personally (unless he did witness it, or, God forbid, it also happened to him, which would make it even more obvious he should get the waiver), he was aware of what was going on, and it bothered him tremendously, so he decided to transfer rather than be on a team that allowed such behavior.

But then, NCAA is likely going to give across the board waivers to any PSU player that wants to leave, so may not need to say anything.
I see your point but believe in our coaches in that position. We have a track record...big talent pick up and a guy who has been in college.

I see your point but believe in our coaches in that position. We have a track record...big talent pick up and a guy who has been in college.

I'm not saying they won't work him into the rotation. I just don't think he'll be a breakout guy until 2021.

2 Drops to 15 catches, not exactly chopped liver either... :cool:

The difference at UF is this, Dan's offense, BillyG's coaching, and being Savaged.... o_O
He had 2 drops in the Minnesota game alone, including one in the endzone, along with a whiff on a jump ball that ended up intercepted. Probably cost PSU the game. Lost his starting spot to a walk-on. Missed something like 7 games due to injuries.

Last edited:
He had 2 drops in the Minnesota game alone, along with a whiff on a jump ball that ended up intercepted. Probably cost PSU the game. Lost his starting spot to a walk-on. Missed something like 7 games due to injuries.

tenor.gif

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
He had 2 drops in the Minnesota game alone, including one in the endzone, along with a whiff on a jump ball that ended up intercepted. Probably cost PSU the game. Lost his starting spot to a walk-on. Missed something like 7 games due to injuries.
You a Nittany Lion fan?

#1 WR Justin Shorter 6-4 226 4.5/40 rsSo - (8/247, 2018 class to PSU)

No way in hell coaching changes should be a reason for anyone.

Then he'll just have to rely on the current coaches' apparent tolerance of sodomites in the locker room.
Agreed, Penn State is a good team that's leaned on great running backs the last 10 years...outside of that, just pretenders, pedophiles, and how many times have they won a national title in the last 20 years? Whatever....our coaches can give this guy a good at the next level.

No way in hell coaching changes should be a reason for anyone.

Do they not have news in Georgia? You are like the third flea to be completely ignorant of the insanity going on at PSU right now. The NCAA is almost certainly going to grant waivers to any PSU player that leaves.

Do they not have news in Georgia? You are like the third flea to be completely ignorant of the insanity going on at PSU right now. The NCAA is almost certainly going to grant waivers to any PSU player that leaves.
The roaches keep coming from the dark. It's like the political figures that come out to speak....hey this guy is a piece of shit,

They should allow any PSU player to transfer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT