ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ Tenn

Call sadgator crazy, but sadgator thought Napier did a great job of having the team ready to play. Some questionable in game moments, but anyone could have that. The offensive play calling was fine. In fairness to the guy, you have to let the season play out before any decisions are made. Like it or not, that is what they are going to do.

What other coach would call that with a 240 lb QB that can run and then follow up on another drive with Mertz running it in that situation. Moronic playcalling.

Reactions: GordonGecko
What other coach would call that with a 240 lb QB that can run and then follow up on another drive with Mertz running it in that situation. Moronic playcalling.
I would have put the ball in DJ's hands and went for 2 and try to win the game in regulation time

Scared money don’t make no money is the exact opposite of what we did. Instead of rolling the dice on the two point try we played it safe and went for OT. I guarantee you Tennessee fans exhaled when we did that.

Reactions: Mrs. Sadgator
Well, @sadgator was almost right. I was surprised at the play and effort of our guys tonight. The game was lost in the first half and to me the loss came down to 2 things - Mertz going out for the game in the 3rd quarter and Billy Napier's consistently awful playcalling. I thought we would get blown out, but it actually should have been the other way around. We dominated them until midway through the 3rd quarter. But it seems Heupel made some adjustments, we didn't and then Lagway (or the coach) forgot about our tight ends, who Mertz had killed UT with, and kept trying to force it to the wide receivers. I was proud and pleased with the team's effort, but it's hard to overcome terrible play calling.

We are much better than week 1. Team is improving but Napier holding us back

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT