ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ Tenn

Napier's play calling is awful as usual, as are some of his in game decision making. Vols are not as good as their ranking. Feel horrible for Mertz. Career is over I afraid.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Well, @sadgator was almost right. I was surprised at the play and effort of our guys tonight. The game was lost in the first half and to me the loss came down to 2 things - Mertz going out for the game in the 3rd quarter and Billy Napier's consistently awful playcalling. I thought we would get blown out, but it actually should have been the other way around. We dominated them until midway through the 3rd quarter. But it seems Heupel made some adjustments, we didn't and then Lagway (or the coach) forgot about our tight ends, who Mertz had killed UT with, and kept trying to force it to the wide receivers. I was proud and pleased with the team's effort, but it's hard to overcome terrible play calling.

Last edited:
One major problem, Karl has never successfully converted a two point conversion.
He's got a lot more problems than needing just a little bit of gas. But I'd still take my chances with Lagway running around with a chance to run or pass. I knew this would end badly in overtime, because BILLY. :mad:

Napier's play calling is awful as usual, as are some of his in gamThise decision making. Vols are not as good as their ranking. Feel horrible for Mertz. Career is over I afraid.
I feel bad for both QBs. They didn't sign up for this shit. I feel bad for every Gator player (maybe not so much for the defensive backs). This team played their hearts out tonight and got let down by the coaches. (singular). Slingblade has got to go.

I agree 100% but the suffering would have swiftly ended.
That was my point exactly. You got a shot with one wild play. Have to script out a few more and Slingblade would tilt the scales to nearly zero, We had a 500% better chance winning the game on a lucky 2 point conversion than play out overtime. I was correct, as much as I hate that. We deserve a better coach than this. :mad:

I thought it was a "given" in football to go for the two point conversation at the end of the game if you're on the road....
I think that would be doubly true if facing a much higher ranked team.
I think it would be triple-ly true when your offense isn't that great. Coaching sucks balls.

I guess most people think Mertz probably messed up his ACL being that he had a knee brace on afterwards.
It really doesn't take a lot to screw that up, freak accidents happen. I slipped on wet tiles back in June, didn't fall on my knee cap or anything, just stretched tendons and ligaments in a weird way. I could barely walk for 2 weeks. It's still not 100%.

I would have tried for the 2 point conversion
Times eleventy. But given that this coaching staff calls the most bizarre plays when the chips are down, hard to have confidence in that. But with Lagway being a duel threat running or throwing, I'd like my chances no matter how shitty the play call might be. Napier put Lagway behind the chains so many times tonight Lagway threw a TD in that situation, but still, it's stupid.. Running up the gut twice and then making a freshman have to make laser precision throws on 3rd and long is just effing retarded. And he did it repeatedly.

Reactions: gatordad3

2:30 mark
This loss is 100% on Billy. Four redzone trips and only 3 points to show for it. A competent coach wouldn’t run a jet sweep on 4th and inches. A competent coach would have put the 240lbs Lagway in for the sneak on the goal line. A competent coach would not have had 12 men on the field for the field goal to close the half. These issues are recurring failures under SunBelt Bill

• Angry
Reactions: NavigatorII
sadgator will only say:

1. Some of you didn’t do what the oracle asked…and you know who you are….sadgator expects better next time….:mad:. When sadgator asks you to believe in the oracle…and sadgator doesn’t request it often…believe.

2. Criticize all you want, but the game plan was lights out. Defense was absolutely incredible and the pre-snap motion we were using on offense was mesmerizing. It is incredible that they were able to do that while making very few presnap mistakes in that environment. Florida was in a position to win, which few thought even remotely possible.

There's no reason to let this guy coach another game.. there is no upside to watch him lose to Kentucky for the fourth time in a row and in the Swamp again. It's over, cut him loose and take responsibility

sadgator will only say:

1. Some of you didn’t do what the oracle asked…and you know who you are….sadgator expects better next time….:mad:. When sadgator asks you to believe in the oracle…and sadgator doesn’t request it often…believe.

2. Criticize all you want, but the game plan was lights out. Defense was absolutely incredible and the pre-snap motion we were using on offense was mesmerizing. It is incredible that they were able to do that while making very few presnap mistakes in that environment. Florida was in a position to win, which few thought even remotely possible.
Defense from the front 7 was incredible. Secondary sucked just as much as usual, we should have been burned for TDs TWICE but their QB sucks. Other than that, the Gators were on fire tonight. Sadly, their play caller was a POS, just par for the usual course. Billy set our guys up for failure in SPITE of their valiant attempt to steal a game from a better coached team. It is what it is. FIRE HIS ASS!

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT