ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ KY

I don’t know how can a team be so different from one game to the next? Poised and mistake free to this?

I don't think the defense will be this bad again but I think this game is closer to reality for the offense. I doubt our opponents coming up in the second half of the season fall for those shifts like TN did. They will prepare like we are going to play in a box until we start burning them for doing it. Napier is the primary issue calling plays short of the sticks but I want to see how many times Mertz took the check down just to be really safe. He did that quite a bit against Charlotte like he only wanted to pull the trigger when the receiver down the field was pretty open.

Hope you enjoyed the ass kicking.

I want you to know that a loss to UK is still in the same league as a loss to Vandy. It says more about us than it does about you.

The difference between our two programs is that by and large we don't make excuses for our losses by discrediting our opponents by saying they played us like it was their championship......as if their performance was an anomaly ......like your basketball fans do after every loss, in every year.

UF got beat, but we can take solance in knowing that UK will never be a contender in football....but UF can be a contender in your bread and butter sport.

A lot of interesting data going into the game today. Today is the first time UK has beat Florida during an afternoon game in more than half a century. Somehow UK has more 4 and 5 star recruits on their roster than Florida. How is that even possible? I know Kentucky has loaded up in the transfer portal but I just assumed Florida had always recruited more higher ranked recruits. It is good to get a win vs Florida but I think the SEC East is going to be a dog fight to the finish. Georgia is obviously the team to beat but they don't look as dominant as the past two seasons. Florida kind of still controls their destiny because if they can beat Georgia anything is possible for the Gators.

A lot of interesting data going into the game today. Today is the first time UK has beat Florida during an afternoon game in more than half a century. Somehow UK has more 4 and 5 star recruits on their roster than Florida. How is that even possible? I know Kentucky has loaded up in the transfer portal but I just assumed Florida had always recruited more higher ranked recruits. It is good to get a win vs Florida but I think the SEC East is going to be a dog fight to the finish. Georgia is obviously the team to beat but they don't look as dominant as the past two seasons. Florida kind of still controls their destiny because if they can beat Georgia anything is possible for the Gators.

We have 43 consensus blue chippers to 30 for KY. Them having 30 was surprising though even with the portal. Curious to see if KY or Tenn can give GA a loss.

Reactions: sadgator
Thanks for the Sunday morning humor.

We're Kentucky's Super Bowl. There's no doubt. They'll end up with another mediocre season and beat their chest all year because they were able to beat the Gators. They wanted it way more than Billy's team yesterday.

I want you to know that a loss to UK is still in the same league as a loss to Vandy. It says more about us than it does about you.

The difference between our two programs is that by and large we don't make excuses for our losses by discrediting our opponents by saying they played us like it was their championship......as if their performance was an anomaly ......like your basketball fans do after every loss, in every year.

UF got beat, but we can take solance in knowing that UK will never be a contender in football....but UF can be a contender in your bread and butter sport.
Lol whatever helps you cope, Bud. fLLLorida. That’s Florida with three straight L’s

Magic Genie: “sadgator, I have come to grant you one wish! Tell me your desire.”

sadgator: “Oh thank you mighty and all powerful one. sadgator knew this day would finally come.”

[Looks over at mrs. sadgator with devilish grin.]

sadgator: “sadgator desires to experience a 69!”

[mrs. sadgator scowling back at sadgator with hand on hip, tapping foot slowly]

[Boom! A cloud of blue and white smoke appears.]

We got outrushed 329 to 69

[Price is Right Failure Horn Sounds]

[mrs. sadgator smiling snarkily.]

Frank-and-Alice-in-the-Honeymooners.jpg

Last edited:

When the tackle you are lined up down blocks you squeeze to decrease the gap and any pulling guard or fullback coming to kick you out you spill. You attack the pulling guards shoulder closest to the LOS. You create a pile where they want to run. LSU did it 20 times to Grantham and he didn’t adjust. Kentucky did it a lot yesterday and our staff didn’t adjust.

That isn’t a player talent issue. That isn’t a youth issue. That isn’t a we need time to get our guys issue.
That is a scheme, technique, and coaching issue.

Reactions: instaGATOR

When the tackle you are lined up down blocks you squeeze to decrease the gap and any pulling guard or fullback coming to kick you out you spill. You attack the pulling guards shoulder closest to the LOS. You create a pile where they want to run. LSU did it 20 times to Grantham and he didn’t adjust. Kentucky did it a lot yesterday and our staff didn’t adjust.

How bad were things with the LBs doing their job? I bet that must look pretty bad also not to even mention the missed tackles everywhere.

I come in peace but have to chime in on two things.

1. Saying a UK loss is like a Vandy loss is a ridiculous thing to say. That’s disrespectful to Stoops who has built a competitive program. He’s gone to 7 strait bowls and has two 10 win seasons in the last 5. Are we a playoff caliber program? No, but to act like we’re still a 2-10 program is absurd. The fact of that matter is we’re up and Florida has come back to the pack.

2. Having said that, Stoops was given time to build a program and change the culture. Florida is never going to be the program they were with a carousel of head coaches. You have to give someone time to implement their program. Urban or the old ball coach aren’t walking through that door.

Reactions: BlueTick2
I come in peace but have to chime in on two things.

1. Saying a UK loss is like a Vandy loss is a ridiculous thing to say. That’s disrespectful to Stoops who has built a competitive program. He’s gone to 7 strait bowls and has two 10 win seasons in the last 5. Are we a playoff caliber program? No, but to act like we’re still a 2-10 program is absurd. The fact of that matter is we’re up and Florida has come back to the pack.

2. Having said that, Stoops was given time to build a program and change the culture. Florida is never going to be the program they were with a carousel of head coaches. You have to give someone time to implement their program. Urban or the old ball coach aren’t walking through that door.

Nonsense. With the recruits the top recruiting 6 or7 SEC schools get if you can't get an 8-4 record in the first 3 seasons you are an incompetent coach as far as being an SEC championship or playoff level coach. Stoops has done a great job with KY but it's totally different circumstances. When we have top coaches like Spurrier and Meyer you see what is possible. We will find out if Napier has a chance to succeed next season. In modern football Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, TN (probably A&M now also as part of the SEC), and hopefully Florida would never retain a coach that had 3 full seasons of mediocre football to start things off. Show me one that did and won an SEC championship and/or was in a playoff.

Reactions: -BBH-
Mullen was 29-9 in this first three seasons. He led UF to the SECCG in 2020 and also led UF to victories in the Peach Bowl and Orange Bowl.

Clearly, the logical conclusion was to fire Mullen and replace him with a coach from the Sunbelt Conference.

Mullen was 29-9 in this first three seasons. He led UF to the SECCG in 2020 and also led UF to victories in the Peach Bowl and Orange Bowl.

Clearly, the logical conclusion was to fire Mullen and replace him with a coach from the Sunbelt Conference.

Mullen had a good record in 2020 due to Trask and our TE but his early wins were by the defensive players he inherited and he destroyed our roster with his lazy recruiting. He basically was taking most of the blue chippers the other top teams weren't pushing for that hard. It's why we finally collapsed in 2021 when Trask left.

Mullen and Stricklin had a beef plain and simple.

We will never fully know the extent or nature of it.

The fact that Mullen isn’t coaching Florida today has absolutely nothing to do with his recruiting (or lack thereof) during his tenure at Florida.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is ignoring the facts, doesn’t really know anything about Florida, or simply needs to vilify Mullen due to their own insecurities.

It’s the truth.

We're Kentucky's Super Bowl. There's no doubt. They'll end up with another mediocre season and beat their chest all year because they were able to beat the Gators. They wanted it way more than Billy's team yesterday.
Well then they are 3 tim super bowl champions.

Reactions: sadgator
Lol whatever helps you cope, Bud. fLLLorida. That’s Florida with three straight L’s
Where u here before the game? I would rather cope this way than be a man that's too scared to talk trash online before a game...even while anonymous.

It's alright lil boy, you won't be hurt.

The Gator's Offense under the 'Leadership and Direction' of Billy, and under 'Sophisticated Game Plan Operation' of Mertz

29 Vs Tennis-sea

22 Vs Charlotte

14 vs Kensucky

I guess they're trying to work their way all the way back to,,,,

11 vs Utah

Season = BOOM! Then crash and burn.......

IF they do somehow manage to beat Candy, who will care???

The UGly legghumpers will likely beat them by +50, if they want to, unless Smart wants to be insulting and calls off the dawgs in the 2nd half....

Mullen and Stricklin had a beef plain and simple.

We will never fully know the extent or nature of it.

The fact that Mullen isn’t coaching Florida today has absolutely nothing to do with his recruiting (or lack thereof) during his tenure at Florida.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is ignoring the facts, doesn’t really know anything about Florida, or simply needs to vilify Mullen due to their own insecurities.

It’s the truth.

100% disagree. Even his good class was half full of guys that couldn't even make it to fall classes because of school issues or off the field stuff. He was a lazy recruiter or just wasn't good at it.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT