ADVERTISEMENT

Emory Jones

You should quit now Insta as you know as well as I do Richardson will be taking over as the starter at some point this season.
Yeah, just like you wanted Tebow to start over Leak.
Just like you wanted Jones to start over Trask.
And for your usual flip/flop, you now want Richardson over Jones.
That's the same Jones that you wanted over Trask....

But don't quit now, you should continue as usual, you're always good for a belly laugh with your VI BS.....
😂
🤣
😂

Yeah, just like you wanted Tebow to start over Leak.
Just like you wanted Jones to start over Trask.
And for your usual flip/flop, you now want Richardson over Jones.
That's the same Jones that you wanted over Trask....

But don't quit now, you should continue as usual, you're always good for a belly laugh with your VI BS.....
😂
🤣
😂

lol I never said to start true freshman Tebow.

Maybe I did say give Jones the experience not realizing the potential of Trask but I was saying from the get go to get Franks out of there and put someone else in.

Naw, just another of the many examples of the fevered brain types spewing their ignorance. NBD IMO.....
🤗

I liked TT's talent and I knew that he'd be the 2007 starter, but Leak deserved and needed to be the starter for the 2006 NC season. How did the team do with Dan calling the offense and coaching the QB's in 2006?
Go look up Leak's 2006 stats, especially in the NC game.

And in 2007 after Leak graduated, what happened?
UF 9-3 with losses to AU, LSU, and Mich in the Cap-1 Bowl.

Dan has proven over decades that he actually knows what he's doing, while you and the fevered brain are just yappin' outta yo-butts as usual....
🤔
07 had zero...ok maybe 0.001% to do with the QB play. That record was due to having a young defense. Mainly young DB's. Chris Leak wouldn't have faired better record wise with the defense we fielded.

07 had zero...ok maybe 0.001% to do with the QB play. That record was due to having a young defense. Mainly young DB's. Chris Leak wouldn't have faired better record wise with the defense we fielded.
So, would you have benched Sr Leak in 06 to start Tim?

I'm not going to beat this dead horse into pulp, but let me give you just one example.

2007 Cap-1 Bowl

Tebow - Passing 17 of 33, 51.5%, for 154 yds,
3 TD's, L-20

That doesn't look like poor Gator defensive stats to me.....
And it doesn't look to me like any passing game that Leak ever played at UF.
QB-dt Tim deservedly won the 2007 Heisman, but he had some poor games along the way.

UF 17 - 20 AU

UF 24 - 28 LSU

UF 30 - 42 UGly

UF 35 - 41 Mich

2007 9-4, 5-3 SEC

So, would you have benched Sr Leak in 06 to start Tim?

I'm not going to beat this dead horse into pulp, but let me give you just one example.

2007 Cap-1 Bowl

Tebow - Passing 17 of 33, 51.5%, for 154 yds,
3 TD's, L-20

That doesn't look like poor Gator defensive stats to me.....
And it doesn't look to me like any passing game that Leak ever played at UF.
QB-dt Tim deservedly won the 2007 Heisman, but he had some poor games along the way.

UF 17 - 20 AU

UF 24 - 28 LSU

UF 30 - 42 UGly

UF 35 - 41 Mich

2007 9-4, 5-3 SEC
42 points isnt poor defense?

Also check out the 4th down conversions LSU made in that game.

I like how in some threads you add QB rushing stats and others you leave them out. Tebowing was the 2nd leading rusher in the Capital One Bowl.

You posted 2 games where the offense put up 30 points but blame it on the offense all while the defense gave up 40 points.

Honestly I don't even remember how the Auburn game folded out.

Would I have started Tebow in 06 instead of Leak? No. Would I have started Tebow over Leak in 07 had Leak been eligible? Yes.

Reactions: gatordad3
Naw, just another of the many examples of the fevered brain types spewing their ignorance. NBD IMO.....
🤗

I liked TT's talent and I knew that he'd be the 2007 starter, but Leak deserved and needed to be the starter for the 2006 NC season. How did the team do with Dan calling the offense and coaching the QB's in 2006?
Go look up Leak's 2006 stats, especially in the NC game.

And in 2007 after Leak graduated, what happened?
UF 9-3 with losses to AU, LSU, and Mich in the Cap-1 Bowl.

Dan has proven over decades that he actually knows what he's doing, while you and the fevered brain are just yappin' outta yo-butts as usual....
🤔
Funny how you choose to ignore that UF lost a majority of players on defense in 2007, mainly most of the players on the D line, Brandon Siler, and 3 players in the secondary. If Siler, Nelson and Ryan Smith chose to return, UF repeats as BCS champions.

As for Leak, there were games we should have lost in 2006 because of his QB play like vs Tennessee when he slid short of the first down(Tebow bailed him out and the team on that very drive), and against the Cocks. Georgia and FSU had no business losing to UF by one score, should have blown them out. Let's not forget in the SEC Championship, Leak has a shovel/shuffle pass getting picked off for a pick 6.

Aside from the BCS title game, Leak was just an average to slightly below average QB under Mullinz as OC.

Last edited:
Funny how you choose to ignore that UF lost a majority of players on defense in 2007, mainly most of the players on the D line, Brandon Siler, and 3 players in the secondary. If Siler, Nelson and Ryan Smith chose to return, UF repeats as BCS champions.

As for Leak, there were games we should have lost in 2006 because of his QB play like vs Tennessee when he slid short of the first down(Tebow bailed him out and the team on that very drive), and against the Cocks. Georgia and FSU had no business losing to UF by one score, should have blown them out. Let's not forget in the SEC Championship, Leak has a shovel/shuffle pass getting picked off for a pick 6.

Aside from the BCS title game, Leak was just an average to slightly below average QB under Mullinz as OC.
Yep we might have had 2 or so more losses without Tebow being automatic on those 3rd and 4th and short plays in 06.

Nice spin job. Tebow just ran power mostly for us in 06 he wasn't going to be used as the starter as a true freshman they decided.

Mullen is just hard headed when it comes to experience. Was at his press conference saying how he likes to get experience for the backup. He does that alright while allowing poor or average play by the starter many times.

Rewatched the game and Jones threw 2 pretty bad picks and could have had a pick 6 also. If you took away the nice runs it was a Franks worthy performance. Hopefully he corrects that mess before USF who is probably worse than FAU.
Watch Jones and how he stares down his primary receivers. DB's in college are conditioned to run wherever the QB is looking because that's almost always where he is throwing. This is why Trask was able to get guys open with his eyes. He would stare at a guy he wasn't throwing to, and the DB's would move that way, freeing up other guys. Jones isn't doing that, he's looking right at the guy he wants to throw to. We have 3-4 teams on this schedule who won't be picking off two and dropping a pick six, but picking off 4 or 5, to the point we will be afraid to throw the ball downfield. I don't think Jones can be taught not to do that, as he's had 3 years to learn it and hasn't to date.

Reactions: Gator Fever

We went into that title game with a team I thought was damn lucky to be there, with a pedestrian offense and a QB who couldn't handle blitzes or tight man coverage. Ohio State very accommodatingly rarely blitzed and ran a soft zone. It wasn't just that we beat up OSU for the title, but that a team as non-elite as we were did it. I still say if we had gotten USC instead of OSU we would have gotten run out of the building.

Watch Jones and how he stares down his primary receivers. DB's in college are conditioned to run wherever the QB is looking because that's almost always where he is throwing. This is why Trask was able to get guys open with his eyes. He would stare at a guy he wasn't throwing to, and the DB's would move that way, freeing up other guys. Jones isn't doing that, he's looking right at the guy he wants to throw to. We have 3-4 teams on this schedule who won't be picking off two and dropping a pick six, but picking off 4 or 5, to the point we will be afraid to throw the ball downfield. I don't think Jones can be taught not to do that, as he's had 3 years to learn it and hasn't to date.

Yep I remember seeing him staring receivers down in the replay. Like I said before I don't remember him hitting a touch pass or throwing anyone open in this game. Hate to say it but except for the running it reminded me a little of a Franks game passing wise. Not sure if Richardson has that issue or not but I didn't see anything on Jones 2020 passing plays to suggest this might not be an issue. I guess the Bama game will tell us a lot.

We went into that title game with a team I thought was damn lucky to be there, with a pedestrian offense and a QB who couldn't handle blitzes or tight man coverage. Ohio State very accommodatingly rarely blitzed and ran a soft zone. It wasn't just that we beat up OSU for the title, but that a team as non-elite as we were did it. I still say if we had gotten USC instead of OSU we would have gotten run out of the building.

I didn't really watch USC much that year except when UCLA beat them allowing us to get in the championship game. I was shocked also how bad we beat OSU. I think we could have played with anyone with how that defense was playing. Just looking at their results that year USC looked dominant in some games but had some close ones against other PAC 12 teams. I remember their was no chance they would have sent us over them to that game however like happened with Michigan.

It is 1 game but so far I'll say this - I don't see anything that Emory is doing that is better than what Richardson seems to bring to the table. So I'm concerned - I mean, he's been in the program long enough to where - he is what he is. Now Richardson may not be better but I'd certainly give him snaps to find out.

Each to his own opinions, and I'm just fine with that.
My opinions, or your's, won't change what Dan chooses to do with his QB's.
Emory remains the starter,,, at least for now, and that's a good decision imo.

Everyone chooses what points to make and which to gloss over. That's just typical for a Msg Brd.

UF 17 - 20 AU

UF 24 - 28 LSU

The Gator defense killed them in both of those first 2 losses too.....
================

As a true Fr in 2003, Leak beat 3 Top 11 (SEC) teams ON THE ROAD in consecutive games.
>>> LSU - Ark - UGly

I believe that he's the only Fr QB to ever do that, but that might have changed since then?

And in Chris's first 2 seasons, they wanted him to run and he did. In his last 2 seasons under Meyer/Mullen, they told him not run to avoid injury, which was when he stopped short to avoid the big hit missing the 1st down. Coaching changes, not his fault imo.

"The 4 TD tosses were the second-most of his career, shy of the 6 TD's he had against South Carolina on Nov. 13, 2004…
Fell three yards short of matching his career-best for yards, 322 against Arkansas in 2004…
Was a sizzling 21-for-26 (80.8%) for 298 yards and 4 TDs in the first half versus the Wildcats…
Completed passes to 9 different receivers in the game…
Directed the Gators to touchdowns on 7-straight possessions in the first half, including 5 drives over 50 yards (70, 87, 72 ..."

"Chosen as the Offensive Most Valuable Player of the 2007 Tostitos BCS National Championship Game
after leading the Gators to a 41-14 dismantling of #1 ranked Ohio State…
Named the Outstanding Senior Leader on campus in the fall of 2006 and spoke to his class at graduation in December of 2006…"

Chris went through the Zookster to Meyer transition. IMOHO, he was a better QB and leader than some here seem to remember....

Little Loopy Lizzy and the Fevered Brain are at their very best,,, with their usual VI BS....

2006 -- 13-1 UF 416 - 189 Opponents -- Average Game Score 30 - 14
2006 -- 11-2 USC 396 - 197 Opponents - Average Game Score 30 - 15

The UF schedule included 3 teams with 11+ wins, 7 teams with 9+ wins, and 2 more with 8 wins.
When you play 9 teams with 8+ wins, you are playing one of the toughest SoS's in the nation.
UF's only loss was @ 11-2 AU
Only played 3 teams that did not finish with a winning record.

UF beat #1 ranked, Heisman QB'ed 12-1 tOSU 41 - 14 (+27)
=====

The USC schedule included 1 Team with 11+ wins, 6 teams with 9+ wins, and zero with 8 wins.
They lost @ 10-4 OreSt and @ 7-6 UCLA
They played 4 teams that did not finish with a winning record.

USC beat 11-2 Mich in the Rose Bowl 32 - 18 (+14)

Oh BTW, tOSU beat Mich 42 - 39,,, leaving loser Mich to play loser USC in the Rose.

VI BS confirmed once again.....
🙄

Last edited:
Little Loopy Lizzy and the Fevered Brain are at their very best,,, with their usual VI BS....

The UF schedule included 3 teams with 11+ wins, 7 teams with 9+ wins, and 2 more with 8 wins.
When you play 9 teams with 8+ wins, you are playing one of the toughest SoS's in the nation.

=====

The USC schedule included 1 Team with 11+ wins, 6 teams with 9+ wins, and zero with 8 wins.

🙄
If I remember correctly, UF had the #1 SOS in the country in 2006. About the only one in the media who didn't dis UF was Gary Danielson. The fake cryer Kirk Herbstreit and Doug Flutie trashed the Gators all the way up to the Michigan-USC game. Oh and I can't forget the lisp speaking Turd Desmond Howard.

If I remember correctly, UF had the #1 SOS in the country in 2006. About the only one in the media who didn't dis UF was Gary Danielson. The fake cryer Kirk Herbstreit and Doug Flutie trashed the Gators all the way up to the Michigan-USC game. Oh and I can't forget the lisp speaking Turd Desmond Howard.
Yep but there was no way we get that game without the UCLA upset. I think it was the ND game the media and ESPN was using to try to act like that team was back to like they were in the Reggie Bush years.

=====

Oh BTW, tOSU beat Mich 42 - 39,,, leaving loser Mich to play loser USC in the Rose.

🙄
Once again, there are lies, damn lies, statistics, and whatever bullsh*t Instafool puts together in his little pea brain.

I don't know what meds you were on that year, but they made you as useless as the ones you are currently on. That was the year we beat Tennessee by 1 and needed the Cock Block just to get to the game. We had a good defense and a pedestrian offense with a QB (Leak) who couldn't handle a blitz or throw into tight windows. tOSU, much to my surprise, decided to play the only defense he could really excel against, a deep zone with no blitzing so he could throw underneath all day.

Again, I was there. Where the hell were you that you don't remember any of this?

Seriously, if you are just going to be this level of stupid, you need to GTFO and not return.

Once again, there are lies, damn lies, statistics, and whatever bullsh*t Instafool puts together in his little pea brain.

I don't know what meds you were on that year, but they made you as useless as the ones you are currently on. That was the year we beat Tennessee by 1 and needed the Cock Block just to get to the game. We had a good defense and a pedestrian offense with a QB (Leak) who couldn't handle a blitz or throw into tight windows. tOSU, much to my surprise, decided to play the only defense he could really excel against, a deep zone with no blitzing so he could throw underneath all day.

Again, I was there. Where the hell were you that you don't remember any of this?

Seriously, if you are just going to be this level of stupid, you need to GTFO and not return.
I do agree with most of this - I'd only add that though that gator team was lucky to be in the championship game, it's not that uncommon looking at other teams getting the same chance.

I remember Colorado getting a 5th down in the early 90s lol - Notre Dame won it one year in the 90s also where they got a huge call going their way. Hell the 96 Gators were lucky we got a rematch against the noles - things fell right that year, with Texas upsetting OK (I think).

So I guess my point is that there are lots of years where a team gets lucky to get there, then makes the most of it. From that standpoint it's not that uncommon.

I agree with a lot of that but believe it or not we had like a # 20 or so offense I think that year. I think it was 2007 all those pinball offenses started appearing driving the yardage numbers through the roof. Leak was decent but we clearly don't make the game that year without Tebow doing his thing. I remember before Tebow getting there in 06 Leak getting stuffed quite a few times when we needed a yard or less for the first down.

T
I do agree with most of this - I'd only add that though that gator team was lucky to be in the championship game, it's not that uncommon looking at other teams getting the same chance.

I remember Colorado getting a 5th down in the early 90s lol - Notre Dame won it one year in the 90s also where they got a huge call going their way. Hell the 96 Gators were lucky we got a rematch against the noles - things fell right that year, with Texas upsetting OK (I think).

So I guess my point is that there are lots of years where a team gets lucky to get there, then makes the most of it. From that standpoint it's not that uncommon.
Tennessee had the luckiest championship year ever!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT